Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

SkipTheDishes - Coupons Codes and Discounts

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2024 12:22 pm
May 6, 2018
1 posts
170 upvotes

SkipTheDishes - Coupons Codes and Discounts

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 31, 2018
This spring use the code SPRINGTEN to receive 10% off of any order over $30. Also use code, SPRING7 for $7 off of your first order as long as it's over $15.

Codes are valid in all Canadian areas SkipTheDishes services.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 18th, 2018 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited title
2644 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2010
1123 posts
1546 upvotes
Victoria
Is this service any good? Anyone have any experience?

Thanks,
Cal.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
calvados.boualrd wrote: Is this service any good? Anyone have any experience?

Thanks,
Cal.
I've used it around 5-6 times now and have not had a bad experience yet. I guess it really depends on the local restaurants your ordering from though. I do remember reading a comment or two in the food and drink forum that did not have a good experience.

I find it pretty convenient. I like that you pay for everything online, even the tip. So when the driver delivers your food, they just hand it to you and you're done. Very quick and simple.

By the way, the code ORDERIN10 still works ($10 off $40 or more) and ORDERIN5 ($5 off $25 or more)

Also I just learnt of ORDERIN7 ($7 off orders $15 or more). Weird that it's $7 off $15 or more whereas orderin5 is only $5 off $25 or more. Why would anyone use orderin5 then.
Banned
Nov 21, 2009
2465 posts
1043 upvotes
How do these non professional drivers keep your food warm?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24232 posts
43261 upvotes
ONTARIO
flash67 wrote: How do these non professional drivers keep your food warm?
skip the dishes branded thermal bags
Nov 18, 2016
231 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
Got this in email.
From now until May 30, enjoy $5 off your next delivery order over $20 and end the month on a tasty note.
Voucher Code
MAY5OFF20
Mar 10, 2008
470 posts
180 upvotes
Quebec City
I'm getting so confused over food delivery businesses. Is SkipTheDishes the new "standard"? I remember JustEat from a few years back, is this service gone or is it simply running in parallel? I'm just not sure what app to look at anymore when I want to order something.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
Arky33 wrote: I'm getting so confused over food delivery businesses. Is SkipTheDishes the new "standard"? I remember JustEat from a few years back, is this service gone or is it simply running in parallel? I'm just not sure what app to look at anymore when I want to order something.
It might depend on where you live. There were a few delivery companies in my area a few years ago, such as Delivery Town, Just Eat, and Skip, but I think DT was bought out by Just Eat, and the service went to shit. DT had a decent selection of restaurants in my area, but that was reduced after Just Eat took over.

Within the last couple of years, Skip has gotten better in my area and now offers the biggest list of restaurants. They put everything else to shame. I've also checked out newer services like Foodora, UberEats, and DoorDash, but none of them offer anything close to what Skip offers in my area.

I just checked, and these are the number of restaurants listed by delivery service that deliver to my home.
- SkipTheDishes shows more than 200 restaurants
- UberEats shows 38 restaurants
- Just Eat shows 6 restaurants
- Foodora shows nothing
- DoorDash shows nothing

Oh... and don't even waste time with Nomme.ca. They charge above restaurant prices.
Last edited by fudge_u on May 25th, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2830 posts
989 upvotes
GTA
ITSSPRING15 10 off 25. New account only. Period trick in Gmail works.
Mar 10, 2008
470 posts
180 upvotes
Quebec City
fudge_u wrote: It might depend on where you live. There were a few delivery companies in my area a few years ago, such as Delivery Town, Just Eat, and Skip, but I think DT was bought out by Just Eat, and the service went to shit. DT had a decent selection of restaurants in my area, but that was reduced after Just Eat took over.

Within the last couple of years, Skip has gotten better in my area and now offers the biggest list of restaurants. They put everything else to shame. I've also checked out newer services like Foodora, UberEats, and DoorDash, but none of them offer anything close to what Skip offers in my area.

I just checked, and this is the numbers of restaurants listed by delivery service that deliver to my home.
- Foodora shows nothing
- DoorDash shows nothing

Oh... and don't even waste time with Nomme.ca. They charge above restaurant prices.
I must have been living under a rock, I had no idea UberEats was a thing. I'm gonna check those out. Thank you!
Nov 2, 2012
42 posts
69 upvotes
TORONTO
Arky33 wrote: I'm getting so confused over food delivery businesses. Is SkipTheDishes the new "standard"? I remember JustEat from a few years back, is this service gone or is it simply running in parallel? I'm just not sure what app to look at anymore when I want to order something.
fudge_u wrote: It might depend on where you live. There were a few delivery companies in my area a few years ago, such as Delivery Town, Just Eat, and Skip, but I think DT was bought out by Just Eat, and the service went to shit. DT had a decent selection of restaurants in my area, but that was reduced after Just Eat took over.

I just checked, and these are the number of restaurants listed by delivery service that deliver to my home.
- Foodora shows nothing
- DoorDash shows nothing

JE bought out SkipTheDishes. Brand differentiation, didn't want to compete in an already tight market space etc. are my best guesses. But what it comes down to to is that Skip = JE.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2014
1100 posts
1406 upvotes
Toronto
dnyc wrote: ITSSPRING15 10 off 25. New account only. Period trick in Gmail works.
Sorry, what's the period trick?
"A fool is someone who knows the price of everything & the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135829 upvotes
888888 upvotes

Just Eat purchased SKip a while back.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
anutty wrote: JE bought out SkipTheDishes. Brand differentiation, didn't want to compete in an already tight market space etc. are my best guesses. But what it comes down to to is that Skip = JE.
Ah... seems like they're buying all of their competition. Delivery Town was Edmonton based, and the best thing available at the time, until Skip got better. Just Eat ended up taking down the DT website a short while after the acquisition. Good to see Skip is thriving though. Don't mess with a good thing I guess.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
uber eats is more like the standard but skip the dishes has a lot of nice places as well but having mcdonalds delivery on uber is pretty big.
Nov 20, 2017
502 posts
748 upvotes
cPadfoot wrote: Sorry, what's the period trick?
Add a period anywhere in your email when "signing up again" and the offer will come in to your same email.

Gmail sees "johnson@gmail.com" and "john.son@gmail.com" as the same address ("j.o.h.n.s.o.n@gmail.com, etc....) , and will send them to the same place. Not all email providers do, so if the programmers for the service haven't included an exception for gmail emails, then you can "sign up" as many times as you can find creative ways to insert periods into your email.

Hope that helps.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
skipthesidhes in my area always over charge than directly ordering from the restaurant, while justeat has a same price guarantee that guarantees you dont overpay
Jun 19, 2011
151 posts
212 upvotes
This is either not true or the restaurant is lying to Skip. Skip = Just Eat, and they have the same restrictions in that restaurants are not allowed to increase their prices from what they show on their menus.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)