Expired Hot Deals

[skullcandy.com] Skullcandy.ca: 50% Off Sitewide + No Tax + Free Ship on All Orders (Ends 12/25)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2013 3:29 am
Sep 5, 2011
26 posts
2 upvotes
CALGARY
amccaffrey wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 2:13 pm
The gaming headsets look nice, too bad I don't have $50 to spend right now
Does anyone have any experience with their gaming headsets? Specifically with XBOX 360 or PS3
Nov 16, 2005
630 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Keep the price under $20 and u won't have to worry about customs and duties.
If skull candy puts the list price down for the value on the customs papers I can see a lot of crying next week. I can't see ups not hitting you up for customs, duties and taxes. This along with the surcharge they hit you with for prepaying the sales tax for you are an integral part of their revenue stream.
Jan 23, 2012
3 posts
CAMBRIDGE
Just got off the phone with SC. Apparently, the code was for UPS employees and was issued last week and has now gone viral. They would not allow us to use it.
Jan 23, 2012
3 posts
CAMBRIDGE
So, a quick look online, and I found the code redbull50, that did allow the 50% discount.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3450 posts
874 upvotes
Toronto
steviealphabet wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 6:42 pm
Just got off the phone with SC. Apparently, the code was for UPS employees and was issued last week and has now gone viral. They would not allow us to use it.
Dec 26, 2003
9 posts
Toronto
i just used the UPS code and it went through.

thanks op
Dec 26, 2003
9 posts
Toronto
steviealphabet wrote:
Dec 20th, 2012 6:42 pm
did they call you after you made the purchase?
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
1723 posts
152 upvotes
Moosonee
I know the Hesh2 are pretty tinny, with lots of muddy bass. Listened to them a few times at a few stores (to see if quality changed/burn in, etc)... Was super disappointed.

The mix masters are semi-decent, but way overpriced. You can get Allesandro MS-1 for 120$ which are way snappier and cleaner bass.
'WILL I GET 60 FPS' (?) GTAV Rig >>> z77 Asrock, i7 2600K @ 4.1GHZ, 16GB Dominator @ 1800mhz, 1000W PSU, 2x GTX 680 overclocked, 4 SSD: 1x120GB, 1x 240G, 2x500GB RAID0, Antec 300 Two
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
1445 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Lol the Ink'd 2 buds on the site is $30.....even with 50% off, it's still $15. I'd rather wait for FS to have the ink'd for sale for below $10.
Nov 14, 2012
10 posts
1 upvote
VANCOUVER
how much do u think we would be dinged getting it shipped to canada? I used tunnelbear to try to order the plyr2 from the us site to ship within the us but it was 130 bucks. On the ca site, its 100. i am thinking its better to send to canada.
Jan 23, 2008
60 posts
5 upvotes
Picked up a pair of Chops. For 17 bucks with no tax, free shipping and lifetime warranty I will take a risk with UPS.

I wonder how the warranty hold up?

Anyway, thanks left for the OP
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2005
1845 posts
19 upvotes
Thanks, I actually grabbed the backpack for $19.99 after the 50% discount, free shipping, no taxes, not a bad deal. I had some skullcandy earbuds about 5 years ago and they broke after a couple of months of use, and i emailed them about warranty and they never got back to me, so no way i'm gonna buy another pair, unless they're free. :)
Nov 28, 2007
60 posts
14 upvotes
West Kelowna
xaltair wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 11:12 am
I had some skullcandy earbuds about 5 years ago and they broke after a couple of months of use, and i emailed them about warranty and they never got back to me, so no way i'm gonna buy another pair, unless they're free. :)
My recent warranty experience was flawed, but their customer service worked it all out. A claim can be started online at http://ca.skullcandy.com/rma. You have to describe the problem and either ask for a replacement for a manufacturing defect or a 1/2 price coupon if you've caused the damage. You then print their address label with the RMA number. I mailed a pair of headphones with a broken wire to the States for just $6.

I got an email back a couple weeks later with a credit, but it was for the price of the headphones in the US, with free shipping. I phoned and pointed out that they wouldn't even let me get on to their US web site. Their customer service was really good and they bumped up the credit to the Canadian web site's price. I ordered the same headphones and they arrived a week later by UPS, with no additional charges.
× < >