Expired Hot Deals

[Sleepeh.ca] Resmed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask & Headgear

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2017 8:38 pm
Nov 10, 2005
255 posts
40 upvotes
Calgary, AB
How often do you wash your headgear? I do mine at least once every two to three weeks. Leave it over a towel rail to dry, shrinks back somewhat. Might extend its life for you, works for me.
Nov 25, 2014
180 posts
86 upvotes
BC
Everyone should use a CPAP, regardless of you having sleep apnea. Drastically improves your sleep quality
Apr 10, 2011
615 posts
227 upvotes
Vancouver
MikoWilson wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 12:08 am
our system for medical products in Canada is HOPELESSLY broken.
The fact that the majority of people who work for the government, have a union, or work for a big company have insurance plans that just pay out, regardless of the price, makes our medical system massively over priced.

Dental services - rediculously over priced
Medications - crazy over priced, but generics are helping

For CPAP users, a friend has to pay 25% of the cost and he finds that a 75% discount on Canadian purchases is still more than buying online through the US.

He also finds that many authorized dealers have outlets that are quanity distributors in order to get the purchase levels higher (for a higher dealer discount) - - but those outlets have to appear unauthorized or the manufacturer will punish them for discounting.

Same with auto parts and repair shops in BC. When considering one's deductible, it's often cheaper to go across the border for accident repairs rather than go through our provincial government insurance.

Strangely, if there was no insurance, prices of medical products, car repairs, etc., would drop by 75-80%.... but that's our insurance system.
Last edited by RxMills on Nov 26th, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 10, 2010
771 posts
264 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Is not just medigas who are taking advance of people with apnea is all the stores at least in Ontario. They need to be more regulated.

Every time I go to the Medigas Store I found so many clueless people that dont do a research and that is how and why the cpap stores take advance of this people.

Here some tips I learned in the past years:

I use Medigas first because my insurance covers 100% the mask, tubes, filters and rest of accessories and also because they dont try to sell me this overprice non sense "packages".

If you getting a cpap machine you have to pay $250 NOT MORE from your pocket (even for the new Resmed airsense 10) and the rest is subsidized by the governement every 5 years (if you really need to change your machine). BUT ALL the stores will "find" something wrong with your old machine and write down on the form that they have to send to get the money from the government.

Also, If you use Medigas DONT pay they new $50 scam fee that now they charge for they 2 years online service to monitored your device, your sleep apnea doctor should be capable of read all the information from your machine and make the changes in the pressure of the machine at not extra cost.

Last tip I learned from my doctor and cpap forums: If you getting a new cpap machine right now one of the best ones OR the best ones out there is the Resmed Airsense 10...do yourself a favor and buy the Airsense 10 FOR HER....even if you are a male the FOR HER model is more complete and has better options than the regular model and both are the same price. Cheers.
Jul 3, 2014
77 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks @Josutton and @rph for the help.

It looks like Ontario's Assistive Devices Program covers 75% of the cost for CPAP machines/supplies but the machines have to be purchased from a vendor registered with the ADP. I couldn't find sleepeh.ca or cpapoutlet.ca on the list though (https://www.ontario.ca/page/respiratory ... d-supplies).
RxMills wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 2:04 pm

For CPAP users, a friend has to pay 25% of the cost and he finds that a 75% discount on Canadian purchases is still more than buying online through the US.
Does anyone have any experience how the prices at these vendors at 75% off would compare to these black friday sales? @ToDealHunter, in your experience would this deal be better?
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2005
1121 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto
dishguy1977 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 6:31 pm
Lol...I literally just finished ordering a couple of these right before I opened RFD and saw this. Never thought I would see CPAP deals on RFD!

Anyway, since you started it I may as well mention that cpapoutlet.ca has this on sale for $95 and then 20% off everything for Black Friday with code FRIDAY2017 so comes out to $76.

https://www.cpapoutlet.ca/Product/ResMe ... -M-L)/1729
I see the women's version comes with XS, S & M vs. the men's which comes with S, M & L. Any other difference beside the colour? I might go with the women's just because of the size range if there is no other difference.
=============
Heatware
Oct 17, 2013
130 posts
17 upvotes
Summerside, PE
johnsmithy wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 3:36 pm
I see the women's version comes with XS, S & M vs. the men's which comes with S, M & L. Any other difference beside the colour? I might go with the women's just because of the size range if there is no other difference.
Only difference is the size. I use small but can use medium at a push.
Sep 30, 2001
26529 posts
5483 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 12:01 pm
Looks like there is enough interest for a CPAP user thread. Are there forums for this? What would be the appropriate category here?
Deals can be posted in this forum. Cpap general discussion can go in the health and beauty forum
Mar 4, 2014
11 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
New to this. Thinking about pulling the trigger on these mask/head gear to improve sleep quality. Doesn't it need to be connected to a machine; that we also need to purchase? If so, which ones did you guys purchase. Thanks
Oct 17, 2013
130 posts
17 upvotes
Summerside, PE
jayn9uyen wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 4:02 pm
New to this. Thinking about pulling the trigger on these mask/head gear to improve sleep quality. Doesn't it need to be connected to a machine; that we also need to purchase? If so, which ones did you guys purchase. Thanks
Yes you need a machine and they are very expensive. Google CPAP machines. Some are $2000!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1441 posts
428 upvotes
VANCOUVER
blackston3 wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 7:15 pm
Damn, thanks for the link!

My dad was diagnosed with CPAP last year and hasn't been using it because the face mask he has rubs against the skin. Complained it was too irritating/tight/coarse against the skin and never used it again. Was going to buy it from OP's link but yours was a good ~$40 saved.
You mean diagnosed with sleep apnea (mild, obstructive, etc). You may want to suggest to your dad to get a mandibular repositioning device instead. See if he has a health plan that covers it.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1441 posts
428 upvotes
VANCOUVER
jayn9uyen wrote:
CPAPs are generally the unit and humidifier for avg of $2300 - $2400 bucks plus a mask for anywhere between $200 - $400. Hoses/Tubing $25 - $50. Filters $10-$20. Best to see if your work health plan covers it, check requirements for coverage.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1117 posts
275 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Undertow wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 10:18 pm
If you buy two masks the shipping is free. Originally they were going to charge $13 to ship to Edmonton, but after adding two to my cart it waived shipping. Its not like I am not going to use it. Haven't heard of anyone being cured of sleep apnea:)
It's called weight loss.
Jan 11, 2007
61 posts
25 upvotes
jayn9uyen wrote:
You need a prescription for machines in Canada. You can either be prescribed one from your doctor or from doing a sleep test. Since your profile says you're in Ontario, the Assistive Devices Program will cover 75% of the cost for a machine + mask like others have mentioned. But NOT for online purchases, has to be a from a registered clinic, which is really stupid because it's soooo much cheaper online and ends up costing our government so much more this way. If you have your own personal or corporate insurance then you can ask if they'll cover online purchases, that may be better than going through ADP. If you get your machine/mask through ADP, then get all your extra cushions and stuff online to save money.
I don't know about other provinces though, sorry, never looked it up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3569 posts
547 upvotes
Thanks with the link. dishguy1977. I guess I'm here too late to miss the code but I ordered 2 for FS anyway. See if SleepEh will price match or won't get business from me anymore.

And I never would think there's an overwhelming interests in CPAP within RFD. Glad I can help.
FS : Promise NS4300N NAS,Linksys RE400W,E5151,HBB1,VIVOTab RT,MemoPad 8