• Jun 20th, 2012 11:15 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6634 posts
1250 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote: OP, what camera and lens are you mounting?

I'm using this as my p&s slider - http://www.glidetrack.com/mobislyder-2.html# :razz:

Canon 60D - I find the swivel screen + MagicLantern controls works so much better than any other Canon I have tried so far.

I sold my second body so good chance 5D-ii will be coming soon to the rig as well.

I got the opteka slider. All my research indicates that its the best "value" slider out there. I am going to use it with a spider tripod + ball head (and will be upgrading to 717ah head soon. Just can't decide if i should order the head only or the whole tripod+head kit (that allows bown movements))
GTA Housing: Supply is the only Metrics that Matters ... until its solved.
Stay in the know - subscribe.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
PrinceMS wrote: Canon 60D - I find the swivel screen + MagicLantern controls works so much better than any other Canon I have tried so far.

I sold my second body so good chance 5D-ii will be coming soon to the rig as well.

I got the opteka slider. All my research indicates that its the best "value" slider out there. I am going to use it with a spider tripod + ball head (and will be upgrading to 717ah head soon. Just can't decide if i should order the head only or the whole tripod+head kit (that allows bown movements))

I actually decided not to get the glidetrack..However i got this.

http://cheesycam.com/new-pico-flex-table-dolly/
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6634 posts
1250 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote: I actually decided not to get the glidetrack..However i got this.

http://cheesycam.com/new-pico-flex-table-dolly/

Oh I was thinking of making my own. Using the wheels from a cheap skateboard apparently isn't too hard. Did you receive it? How do you like it?

Technically you can do slider with that too - but in a wedding environment, not sure if its the best idea.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
PrinceMS wrote: Oh I was thinking of making my own. Using the wheels from a cheap skateboard apparently isn't too hard. Did you receive it? How do you like it?

Technically you can do slider with that too - but in a wedding environment, not sure if its the best idea.

nope, it's on background on Henry's.. It'll be here early next week. I'm doing this only for a car club that a couple of buddies and mine run. For a wedding, I'd definitely use some higher end Glidetrack stuff..
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6634 posts
1250 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote: nope, it's on background on Henry's.. It'll be here early next week. I'm doing this only for a car club that a couple of buddies and mine run. For a wedding, I'd definitely use some higher end Glidetrack stuff..

I actually did a test with a dolly. So best dolly at vistek + best (strongest) tripod + small DSLR (60D) , you can move v.fluid but there is minor shake in the video. BUT - you can easily fix it in post processing. It does make it as good as slider but gives you greater flexibility. Just something to consider.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
PrinceMS wrote: I actually did a test with a dolly. So best dolly at vistek + best (strongest) tripod + small DSLR (60D) , you can move v.fluid but there is minor shake in the video. BUT - you can easily fix it in post processing. It does make it as good as slider but gives you greater flexibility. Just something to consider.

yeah. The thing is, I'm only mounting a s100 on the dolly. It's super light and when I'm using it outside, I'm rolling it over a portable whiteboard so it will always have a nice surface.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6634 posts
1250 upvotes
Toronto
I build my own table top dolly. Iwill post shots later.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
6634 posts
1250 upvotes
Toronto
does anyone have any experience of Manfrotto 682b Monopod (for video)? I use 561BHDV and its to die for!

Just wondering if 682b have any pro / con comapred to 561BHDV

Note: 682b I prolly will add WF717 add because it has resistance levels (701 head that comes with 561bhdb doesn't)

Specs: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/5 ... nopod.html

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)