None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 10, 2003
2553 posts
1 upvote
GTA

Slip-on Shoes: why does my heel keep slipping out

I've tried different sizes of slip-on shoes but the ones that fit my foot size keep slipping off for some reason.

Do you guys have any similar experiences and any solutions?

thanks
Share:
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
8031 posts
245 upvotes
Hamilton
try a diffrent brand... look for the ones that rap hold onto you lower heal.

its not meant for speed walking also, just normal casual walking 20-30 feet.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2003
1603 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
Maybe get one of those sticker things that you put on the inside of your shoe. I dunno what they're called but they look like this:

Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
amberjill wrote:Maybe get one of those sticker things that you put on the inside of your shoe. I dunno what they're called but they look like this:

WTF...that looks like a velcro. LOL velcroing the show to your feet so they don't fall off?
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2003
1603 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
Lol, I guess that one does look like velcro, but it was the first pic I could find.

Those heel sticker things are usually foamy. If you stick them in your shoe, then the shoe fits more snugly and your heel shouldn't come out everytime you take a step.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 10, 2003
2553 posts
1 upvote
GTA
akito925 wrote:try a diffrent brand... look for the ones that rap hold onto you lower heal.

its not meant for speed walking also, just normal casual walking 20-30 feet.
Thing is, I tried both Aldo and Timberland, both which are reputable brands

BTW thanks ppl for the "heel sticker" tip. But what are these called, so I can search ebay or the stores.
Deal Guru
Nov 2, 2003
14545 posts
671 upvotes
Scarborough
your feet are too small.

you do know what they say about ppl with small feet.
MOONBOX PRO:Group Buy | User Thread
H.TVBox 3 Group Buy | User Thread
TVPad4 | User Thread
Banned
Aug 3, 2003
970 posts
1 upvote
Calgary, AB
espeed wrote:I've tried different sizes of slip-on shoes but the ones that fit my foot size keep slipping off for some reason.

Do you guys have any similar experiences and any solutions?

thanks
You should try learning to tie your laces, or revert to those curly things.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2003
1603 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
espeed wrote:Thing is, I tried both Aldo and Timberland, both which are reputable brands

BTW thanks ppl for the "heel sticker" tip. But what are these called, so I can search ebay or the stores.
Hmm...dunno what they're called but I know they sell them at Payless right by the cashier.
Feb 28, 2003
741 posts
3 upvotes
Nepean
actng wrote:your feet are too small.

you do know what they say about ppl with small feet.
Ya, small shoes...

Try to find a brand that comes in different widths.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
60 upvotes
Ontario
Glue your socks to the shoes. That way you won't have to worry about what colour socks to wear everytime. Bonus!
Deal Guru
Mar 30, 2002
12415 posts
1 upvote
31 Spooner St. NIFOC
Thicker socks...get those thick wool ones
:hay:

[You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period.]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6025 posts
463 upvotes
I wear boots mostly and you can still see the wear where your heels rub against the back of the boot at you walk.

there are those shoes with the elastic type material on the sides of the tongue that allows them to stretch when you put on your shoes. Might be worth a try so that you don't have to stretch the heel part to get the shoe on your feet and with continous stretching make it slack in your heel area.

also don't wear polyester slippery socks or shallow shoes.

Maybe get laced up shoes with padded heels and ankle areas like the more expensive casuals from deer stags etc.
× < >