1631 upvotes
Space for rent

Slurpee how much you really get,

19 replies
Apr 19, 2017
546 posts
386 upvotes
Got a free one today.
AirBnB, Carrot, CucuCovers, DROP, Foodora, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, PayTM, Ritual, Stack, Swagbucks, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple, Wealthsimple Trade
Apr 19, 2017
546 posts
386 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 5:14 pm
How?
Members day.

https://7-eleven.ca/7rewards/register/
AirBnB, Carrot, CucuCovers, DROP, Foodora, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, PayTM, Ritual, Stack, Swagbucks, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple, Wealthsimple Trade
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4031 posts
1518 upvotes
Mississauga
Unless things have changed, the American Slurpee is quite different from the Canadian one. I recall getting one while we were in Boston several years ago and the machine dispensed it like shaving cream. I’m guessing there’s a lot of entrained air which eats into the total pop volume.

The ones around here have always come out like slush.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14163 posts
2540 upvotes
Toronto
mrweather wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 7:28 pm
Unless things have changed, the American Slurpee is quite different from the Canadian one. I recall getting one while we were in Boston several years ago and the machine dispensed it like shaving cream. I’m guessing there’s a lot of entrained air which eats into the total pop volume.

It really depends on location and flavour. The newer flavours seem to be coming out thicker.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14163 posts
2540 upvotes
Toronto
sandeep8g wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 5:04 pm
Got a free one today.
Not only one free-check your app! My free slurpee counted towards the ones I need to buy to get a free one! One less one to pay for! YAY!!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17255 posts
1631 upvotes
Space for rent
playnicee1 wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 10:08 pm
Not only one free-check your app! My free slurpee counted towards the ones I need to buy to get a free one! One less one to pay for! YAY!!
Tim Horton works the same way. Your free redemption counts towards your next free one. You can also order stalls and then extra large on the freebie but you’re saving like a few dimes for very little beverage imo.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
14163 posts
2540 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 12:15 am
Tim Horton works the same way. Your free redemption counts towards your next free one. You can also order stalls and then extra large on the freebie but you’re saving like a few dimes for very little beverage imo.
There is no 30 minute wait to buy the second slurpee (or any drink) @ 7 11. lol
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
11043 posts
1723 upvotes
mrweather wrote:
Jun 11th, 2019 7:28 pm

This.

Slurpees in the US are foamy, similar to ICEE. In Canada they are not. If let a Canadian Slurpee fully melt and the height of the liquid will drop a bit because ice takes up more area than water, but no where near as bad as the US that contains a lot of air. I am not a fan of the foamy Slurpee.

From Wikipedia:
Canadians purchase an average of 30 million Slurpee drinks per year. Manitoba was crowned the Slurpee Capital of the World for the nineteenth year in a row in 2018. 7-Eleven stores across Winnipeg sell an average of 188,833 Slurpee drinks per month. The rest of Canada sells an average of 179,700 per month, which makes Winnipeggers the world leader of Slurpee sales. Unlike their counterparts in America, Canadian Slurpees do not contain yucca extract which gives it the airy consistency American Slurpees are known for.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17255 posts
1631 upvotes
Space for rent
How many got a slurpy after reading this thread? lol

I've been dying to have a strawberry one. had a Fruitopia concentrate mixed with club soda instead. Should have chilled the C/S until supercooled for more of the effect.
Apr 19, 2017
546 posts
386 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 4:04 pm
How many got a slurpy after reading this thread? lol

I've been dying to have a strawberry one. had a Fruitopia concentrate mixed with club soda instead. Should have chilled the C/S until supercooled for more of the effect.
Did you create a membership? I think you get 1000 points right away, enough for a free medium slurpee.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17255 posts
1631 upvotes
Space for rent
sandeep8g wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 4:14 pm
Did you create a membership? I think you get 1000 points right away, enough for a free medium slurpee.
I’m afraid I’ll be a regular customer if I do. I’ve drank more Tim Horton’s in the last few month than I ever have my entire life because I kept trying to get that free drink!
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4709 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
Out of curiosity do you guys treat these things as a one-off treat, or are you having them a few times a month? They are literally just sugar with absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever. They are unquestionably not good for you, although the degree to which is debatable of course.

I couldn't imagine putting something like this in my body personally.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17255 posts
1631 upvotes
Space for rent
gei wrote:
Jun 16th, 2019 6:40 am
Out of curiosity do you guys treat these things as a one-off treat, or are you having them a few times a month? They are literally just sugar with absolutely no nutritional value whatsoever. They are unquestionably not good for you, although the degree to which is debatable of course.

I couldn't imagine putting something like this in my body personally.

Sincerely you don’t drink pop or any kind of sweeten drink at all?

I haven’t had a slurpee in probably 10 or 15 years but I can’t imagine it being anymore sugar laden than an equal serving of Coca Cola.