Expired Hot Deals

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time PS3/Vita for 39.99/29.99 - Should be all retailers!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2013 5:59 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 9, 2010
33 posts
16 upvotes

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time PS3/Vita for 39.99/29.99 - Should be all retailers!

According to the Playstation Blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/01/ ... t-winners/

They have the price listed for the PS3 and Vita versions as 39.99 and 29.99 respectfully. And in the comments they have replied and stated that it is not an error and that it seems some retailers have yet to update their prices.

The game features cross-buy you get the Vita version alongside the PS3 version for free (similar to PSA Battle Royale)!! Was planning on picking this up at launch for 60 anyways to support the cross-buy feature, but now at this price it just makes it easy!!
16 replies
Oct 6, 2004
872 posts
215 upvotes
Good deal. Cross buy / Cross play is awesome. I like being able to continue leveling my characters in Battle Royal regardless if at home or at work (er I mean at the mall...)
Banned
Mar 20, 2011
1324 posts
821 upvotes
Bowmanville
That's great! I'd pay that price, no problem!
You just proved signatures work!

Now who would go and edit my signature for no valid reason, especially as it never violated any of the posted terms.... :lol:
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2011
1447 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto
Love the cross buy feature of PSABR. Hopefully this is an on-going trend.
Dec 27, 2011
56 posts
3 upvotes
PS Vita demo releasing Jan 29th for those who want to try it out before buying.

Edit: PS3 demo the week before, Jan 22nd
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
This is something more new releases should be doing too, the prices drop so fast anyways and I don't typically buy day 1 anymore for that reason alone.

But I'd imagine lower release price would just cause more dlc abuse and give companies more of an excuse to release unfinished games (technical-wise, or game length/story-wise to make room for dlc, or sometimes both..)
/end rant *grumblegrumble*
$39/$29 - good deal!
Jan 31, 2011
947 posts
254 upvotes
Only one platinum though :( I'm gonna wait for whichever version drops to $19.99 first and use a Futureshop receipt coupon if available. Thanks for the info anyways
PSN: Freedom_G20
May 21, 2009
739 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
BestBuy has $5 off pre-orders, too. That makes the PS3 version $34.99, and you get the downloadable Vita version with it. Awesome deal!
PSN/XBL: matsam88
Mar 24, 2009
349 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting. I preordered this in 2011, I think, as part of that crazy Futureshop E3 deal (preorder 3+ games and get $20 off of each). Hah, already got everything else (Rayman, Batman, AC: Revelations, Uncharted 3, NHL 12) ages ago and now this is finally set to arrive, already discounted! Ah well, still excited for it :)
Deal Addict
May 14, 2010
2026 posts
174 upvotes
This generation is over, whether people want to admit it or not. These lower prices shouldn't be surprising. I mean, just look at Plasyation All-Stars. A month after release it not only went on sale for $30 for PS3, but the official MSRP dropped to $40 also. Sony games tank in value fast.

The new Sly Cooper will be $20 before the summer.
Feb 27, 2011
105 posts
32 upvotes
GP Legend wrote:
Jan 9th, 2013 11:31 pm
This generation is over, whether people want to admit it or not. These lower prices shouldn't be surprising. I mean, just look at Plasyation All-Stars. A month after release it not only went on sale for $30 for PS3, but the official MSRP dropped to $40 also. Sony games tank in value fast.

The new Sly Cooper will be $20 before the summer.
Maybe if Sony focused on making complete, quality games instead of infesting their titles with Online Passes, overpriced DLC, and a total lack of marketing their games would retain their value much better. Nintendo's titles have no problem staying full price for years after release, which no doubt has something to do with the fact that Nintendo releases complete games without online passes or DLC.
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4323 posts
589 upvotes
thanks op cancel my FS preorder =)
Sep 14, 2009
353 posts
39 upvotes
ShinDiFire wrote:
Jan 10th, 2013 12:10 am
Maybe if Sony focused on making complete, quality games instead of infesting their titles with Online Passes, overpriced DLC, and a total lack of marketing their games would retain their value much better. Nintendo's titles have no problem staying full price for years after release, which no doubt has something to do with the fact that Nintendo releases complete games without online passes or DLC.
No, that's Nintendo policy. It has nothing to do with the consumer's perceived value of titles. Even awful Nintendo-published games stay at full price for years sometimes.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2011
1486 posts
175 upvotes
Tagg7 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2013 12:51 am
No, that's Nintendo policy. It has nothing to do with the consumer's perceived value of titles. Even awful Nintendo-published games stay at full price for years sometimes.
I heard Nintendo won't allow their sub par games to be sold at lower. Anyways it's crazy to see now games going to 39.99 at release. This gen is over like the other dude said. Will see if we get much more stale games. I mean even at full prices games are getting boring.
"Want Some Steelbooks? Deal wit it" - Futureshop
× < >