• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2019 3:16 pm
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
495 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto

Small Business OFFICE CLEANING ?

Why is it hard to find a good affordable cleaning service for a small office?
I work in a small office that's about 2000 sq ft. looking for a once a week morning cleaning for 3 hours...
It's very hard to find a cleaning service that is able to accept CC online once a month and can provide a good quality service.
Have tried HomeStars (terrible site) but no luck finding an appropriately priced service.

any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
4 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
2887 posts
986 upvotes
Toronto
Shnur wrote:
Feb 1st, 2019 12:52 pm
I work in a small office that's about 2000 sq ft. looking for a once a week morning cleaning for 3 hours...
It's very hard to find a cleaning service that is able to accept CC online once a month and can provide a good quality service.
The CC requirement is a likely factor.
Many cleaners are owner / operators or at most have 2-3 employees on their teams. Imagine you have 20 clients and 1 wants to pay by CC. Would you go through the hassle and expense to set up CC payments for the 1 account?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 13, 2004
8894 posts
1322 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Likely Paying however the cleaning company wants would get you better results. I dont see CC being used to much for these sort of things.
0_o
<_<
>_>
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7178 posts
4159 upvotes
Most cleaners want cheque or cash.

If your business try a cheque. Many will take it
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1219 posts
366 upvotes
London
It may be too small of a job for a cleaning company to make a special trip. Three hours is a lot of time to clean a bathroom, vacuum, mop, empty garbage cans and give the flat surfaces/windows a wipe down. Cleaners also often work in teams so it could be really quick. I would ask other businesses in the plaza (unless you are stand alone) who they use and contact them. They may be more willing to do it since they are already at the job site. I pay for most supplies/services for my business with a cheque. They send me an invoice, I send them a cheque. Simple. I would guess such a service could be $400 a month. I'd just do it myself or pay my kid.