• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2018 9:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9200 posts
992 upvotes

Small chips and cracks on garage floor

Just wondering if I should seal small chips I have on my garage? Right in front of the garage door, there's lots of what looks like someone got an axe and hit the concrete many times causing small divdets. Not sure if the ice forming at the end of the driveway in the winter is the cause ?

Any suggestions on how to fill it?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
2543 posts
1708 upvotes
You can try a concrete filler like this one: https://www.rona.ca/en/concrete-patch-repair-38l

I find that stuff works better than the plastic concrete fillers because it's an actual gritty emulsion that dries to a hard concrete texture, not a smooth plastic substance. The issue will be colour matching unpainted concrete though. You could try mixing in a little colouring, but it will change as it dries, and it's very difficult to match both the texture and the colour of old concrete.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4533 posts
1469 upvotes
Paris
aquariaguy wrote:
Aug 12th, 2018 9:11 pm
Just wondering if I should seal small chips I have on my garage? Right in front of the garage door, there's lots of what looks like someone got an axe and hit the concrete many times causing small divdets. Not sure if the ice forming at the end of the driveway in the winter is the cause ?

Any suggestions on how to fill it?
Is this the part that is visible when the garage door is shut and subject to weather? It could be your choice of deicing salt.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9200 posts
992 upvotes
Jerico wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 11:04 am
Is this the part that is visible when the garage door is shut and subject to weather? It could be your choice of deicing salt.
Yup that's the part exposed to exterior weather. I thought about that too but I don't see any salt on that part.

I'll try the concrete mix and see what happens
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2007
4533 posts
1469 upvotes
Paris
aquariaguy wrote:
Aug 13th, 2018 7:44 pm
Yup that's the part exposed to exterior weather. I thought about that too but I don't see any salt on that part.

I'll try the concrete mix and see what happens
You wont see the salt... The salt is put down in the winter and eventually damages the concrete. Not right away, but over time.
Gbill2004: Thanks but I'll just smell the couch before/if I buy it.

jonnyb: I go in there like PICASSO and toss the glue everywhere, I don't care what house I'm on.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)