• Dec 25th, 2017 2:28 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
6448 posts
3548 upvotes
Edmonton
vivibaby wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 5:54 pm
When we’re away for the day as in the case of the op.
I've seen people using pee pads and newspapers... Never a litter box. Same idea, I guess...

C
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
5929 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
rilles wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 1:44 pm
I have a chihuahua, bathroom break before I leave and right away when I get home. He seems ok with this. I let him free in the house, he doesn't do anything other than find a pile of clothes to sleep on
+1 with my 5-year old Jack Russell/Chihuahua
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
2087 posts
286 upvotes
Waterlooo
Password wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:36 am
There are lots of options for indoor dogs. I've considered this: https://doggielawn.com/
I was actually looking this for my chihuahua for right outside the exterior door. when its really cold out (-15C type stuff) he has a hard time outside crossing our deck to the lawn (cold feet). The problem with having it indoors is the smell.. and changing it enough so that it doesn't smell gets pricey.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
4987 posts
2334 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
CNeufeld wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 6:00 pm
I've seen people using pee pads and newspapers... Never a litter box. Same idea, I guess...

C
My dog's breeder litter box trains all the puppies. I think it is a great idea. They don't use kitty litter. It is a product made from recycled newspapers called "yesterday's news". I didn't continue with the litter box once I had him, but I thought it was great.
May 19, 2016
64 posts
81 upvotes
currently, I have two poodles in my home. they are good friends I guess, I am not sure because I have no camera set up in the house, I will do it later.
last June I bought a black poodle from a pet store, she was two months old. We left her home at daytime and took her for a walk during morning and evening, for 15-30 minutes.

Sometimes we will meet some other dogs in the square, there are more than 10 dogs, it's her happiest time.

I guess she is lonely when there is no other one's company at home. She starts to wait for your coming back the minutes you leave home. While she is quite excited and plays with you when you come home.

But it's ok to leave her at home, she can stay just with herself.

Last week I adopted a white poodle from the street. She is so weak at first, AND I kept her in the dog crate for a week, let her out when I am at home, and she can play with my black one.
To tell the truth, the black one is not happy about the newcomer, they strive for my attention and favour.

I noticed that they are good friends last night, no fight, just have fun together. BTW, both of them are girls.

For more information, just check this thread:
i-adopted-white-poodle-2143262/2/?utm_c ... #p28502731
Images
  • 14.jpg
  • 13.jpg
Nov 25, 2016
139 posts
100 upvotes
My housemate's shitzu was a needy attention seeker that acted miserable when left alone in the house. I was so glad when she finally sent it away to her folks place.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1066 posts
129 upvotes
Markham, ON
OP have you decided what to do yet? Will your family be getting a small pet this year? Maybe some turtles will do?