Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1544 posts
33 upvotes

Smart casual dresscode for women

I'm going to a restaurant next week with the dresscode "smart casual" and have no idea what to wear. I don't go to these kind of restaurants much (once or twice was semi formal, formal) so was wondering what I should wear to fit in.

Top to bottom ideas welcome! Thanks
11 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
3132 posts
15 upvotes
Dress are perfect for this type of occasion, nothing to formal, here are some great examples from Milly.

Wealth Is Of The Heart And Mind, Not The Pocket
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1544 posts
33 upvotes
i was going to wear a skirt but it's getting too cold! now i have to stick with pants..need something trendy
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1544 posts
33 upvotes
M-e-X-x wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2008 2:55 pm
dark jeans, boot-cut or skinny, with heels or boots
prefer to stay away from jeans since i don't think it will make me fit in at this restaurant
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2006
4175 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
surprised nobody said TNA pants.
I die every Monday at 7am and reborn Friday at 4pm
Dec 26, 2007
870 posts
114 upvotes
I would say it's as simple as what would you expect of someone serving you at a restaurant.

Smart causual is basically a nice dress shirt/blouse, fitted pants and dress shoes.

Typically you don't want to be showing alot of skin. Wearing t-shirts/tank tops, halter tops, overly short skirts would not be too appropriate. Essentially, don't go in dressed like a hoochie (ie breasts or bum hanging out).
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5229 posts
119 upvotes
Mississauga
canadiancynosure wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2008 7:49 pm
I would say it's as simple as what would you expect of someone serving you at a restaurant.

Smart causual is basically a nice dress shirt/blouse, fitted pants and dress shoes.

Typically you don't want to be showing alot of skin. Wearing t-shirts/tank tops, halter tops, overly short skirts would not be too appropriate. Essentially, don't go in dressed like a hoochie (ie breasts or bum hanging out).
+1, best way to describe it... and fitted jeans if pulled off right will work... which restaurant are we talking bout here OP?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
1544 posts
33 upvotes
M-e-X-x wrote:
Jan 24th, 2008 4:01 am
+1, best way to describe it... and fitted jeans if pulled off right will work... which restaurant are we talking bout here OP?
5th elementt..the site said smart casual. the responses i read from other users who went there said they did not wear jeans (although there's always the few who don't care what they wear ie. street clothes)
Aug 8, 2007
291 posts
St. Catharines
flypretty wrote:
Jan 24th, 2008 4:59 pm
5th elementt..the site said smart casual. the responses i read from other users who went there said they did not wear jeans (although there's always the few who don't care what they wear ie. street clothes)
Dress pants with a nice shirt would be safer, but I have worn very dark jeans with heels and a nice shirt/sweater to places with enfored dress codes. You don't have to get too fancy.

My family used to go out dinner a lot. Heh, I don't know how many times my father has told me to dress "smart casual".
× < >