Tags:
None
5 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
16434 posts
2151 upvotes
Thornhill
Yes, but you get what you pay for. Will it work? Yes. Will it be fine for basic usage? Most likely, yes. Will you have any resale value in the future? Probrably not.

One of the best features of Android phones is the customization and the community development behind it, especially on popular models, from the high end Galaxy S3, HTC One X, to the lower/older end handsets, like the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy SII X, RAZR HD, etc. With these unnamed Android handsets built and catered to the Asian market, you don't get that same support, help or development.

However, if thats a moot point, then its up to you.
[OP]
Aug 12, 2012
161 posts
24 upvotes
MONTR
but will I have able to browse online, and use the andriod app ??I am more curious about this
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8048 posts
1889 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
IMO it's a gamble. It may work, it may not work, or it may not work very well. You may have unexpected duty and brokerage fees depending on how DX ships it. If it's DOA you'll have problems returning it or getting it repaired.

It's also not as full-featured as a name brand phone like the Google Nexus or Nexus 4. For example it has less RAM than mainstream phones, although it does accept uSD cards. The screen is lower resolution which will affect, among other things, your web browsing experience. The camera and GPS, etc. may be poor quality. Battery life is unknown. Upgradability to JB is also unknown.

And DX isn't even the lowest cost supplier. Google on ICUBOT A600 for lower prices and more information.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
173 upvotes
ilovedeals320 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2012 10:44 am
Hi I saw this deal on dealextreme and i wanna know that if I can use this phone in Canada...I am using Fido

http://dx.com/p/icubot-a600-android-4-0 ... ack-173872
I don't know. May be just me but just by the name of the phone, I feel it is very unsafe. ICUBOT. ;)
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 7, 2002
8048 posts
1889 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
BTW FWIW and all...

There's really no need to gamble on a no-name phone from DX. WalMart has the Nokia Lumia 610 on sale now for $128. Granted it's a Windows phone, not Android, and it's prepaid on Telus so it may be locked to that carrier, but it's name brand, it carries a warranty, it has specs similar to the ICUBOT, it's cheaper—and you can have it today or tomorrow, not a month from now. I'd imagine if you're set on Android and/or unlocked there are, or will be next week, similar deals to be had that are closer to the OP's needs.
veni, vidi, Visa
× < >