• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2019 5:08 pm
[OP]
Feb 26, 2016
835 posts
176 upvotes
Vaughan

Smart Phones - Buying it online

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are about buying cell phones (smart phones) online via kijiji, facebook or even redflags. I am specifically looking at the samsung S9 and I see a lot selling for $650 while it retails for over a $1000. Curious how they are selling it for such a discount. Could it be fake?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4265 posts
479 upvotes
Barrys Bay
Kijiji - never
RFD - if good # posts and reps here yes.

S9 was selling at $310 on Koodo a few weeks ago ( if you called in to get a $200 upgrade credit ) + gift cards from various stores, made it even cheaper.

watch the iphone 8's same thing.

I'd offer less than $500 at most as S10 is coming in a month or so.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8006 posts
1584 upvotes
Mississauga
theguyz wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:02 am
Kijiji - never

S9 was selling at $310 on Koodo a few weeks ago ( if you called in to get a $200 upgrade credit ) + gift cards from various stores, made it even cheaper.

What you offer and what a seller accepts will likely be different. Can't expect to pay cost on a deal.
[OP]
Feb 26, 2016
835 posts
176 upvotes
Vaughan
theguyz wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:02 am
Kijiji - never

i have the 60 dollar plan 10gb plan. don't really want to sign up for a contract as most of the contracts can't match the plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4265 posts
479 upvotes
Barrys Bay
Avenger wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 9:08 am
What you offer and what a seller accepts will likely be different. Can't expect to pay cost on a deal.

OP asked why so many under MSRP. I explained why.

and at 500 person still making 190 on a flip
Aug 29, 2012
95 posts
67 upvotes
WINNIPEG
I have bought and sold Android phones through Kijiji.

First think is to get the IMEI number for the phone and make sure it is not black listed or blocked.

You used to have the phone unlocked before being able to used with a different cellphone provider but that practice has been discontinued due to Canada regulations.

Obviously you should meet in a public place and be able to test the phone to its full extent.

If the seller doesn't comply with the above and you don't have a good feeling about the deal, then walk away.