• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2017 10:16 am
Dec 25, 2015
530 posts
329 upvotes
Canada

The Smartest Investor in Canada

Is me...

Every month I will post my top stop pick. By the end of 2017 you will see that every stock pick of mine will have gone up +25% more than the S&P.

Smash the like button and subscribe to see my legendary picks.

Future buffet right here.
10 replies
Apr 9, 2011
112 posts
70 upvotes
wolfs004 wrote: Is me...

Every month I will post my top stop pick. By the end of 2017 you will see that every stock pick of mine will have gone up +25% more than the S&P.

Awesome, someone with balls and not going the index route. Ready to bat captain. Let's see if you're truly a Buffet or rather a stock promoter such as Robert Friedland. Don't let us down.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5877 posts
7458 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
wolfs004 wrote: Is me...

So when does the party start? Don't tell us you're going to make us wait until May to grace us with your genius!
Buy quality. Keep calm and go long (and note to self STOP SELLING).
Apr 9, 2011
112 posts
70 upvotes
treva84 wrote: So when does the party start? Don't tell us you're going to make us wait until May to grace us with your genius!
OP started an earlier thread in January about his journey to a million from age 26. active-investing-progress-road-milliona ... 0-2070449/. $50k to a million by 2020. Made a lot of big hooga baloos and then decided to delete it.

Got nothing against you OP, I'm here to make money too. But if you are gonna post quality ideas then just do it. Although I've personally never seen a talented analyst make a big splash first then post ideas. From my experience the knowledgeable go on niche sites with a small community to keep ideas tight before it gets spread to the masses. Advertising an idea to a large community like RFD just smells like pump and dump to me. Prove me wrong OP.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
7113 posts
9300 upvotes
Welcome back!!

So following up on where we left off 3 months ago: you run your quant models on two decent years, 2015 and 2016. What is the simulation results if you run it for 2011, 2008, 2002 and 2001? BTW, what slippage are you employing on your simulations and how much is the commission costs?

Also, what is your criteria to sell? How do you manage losses? Everyone makes mistakes, and a heavily overweight position can hurt you bad, so which controls do you employ for that?

To make such "humble" claims, you want to show facts, not promises. You'll likely get a lot more subscribers if they see you know a thing or two and are genuinely interested in helping them grow their wealth.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:
Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Dec 23, 2008
353 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
Please post your picks before you buy them. Not one of those I bought this stock last Friday and now it's up 24%...
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Well this thread sounds interesting.
Dec 25, 2015
530 posts
329 upvotes
Canada
wolfs004 wrote: APPL gets as close to as it gets to a Golden Goose which I can talk about albeit with a huge tail risk to the downside.
At $110 I loaded (but sold at $112 as along came a better opportunity - one that doesn't come with a big giant fat tail risk of AAPL becoming the next BBRY).
However, should APPL get back down to $105-110, I wouldn't put a MASSIVE position, but put 3% of my portfolio in it (my most concentrated bet right now is 28% of my portfolio so you can tell - I have no confidence in APPL but this is a liquid name and a good place to park capital.
But yeah, APPL is cheap. Great company, great price. This stock can easily go up 50%.
In my last thread, I gave you guys only 1 stock pitch in all my jibber jabber, and that was Apple (see above pg.3 post #52). Not too shabby I must say.

Here's an update of my net worth.

Cheers.
Images
  • mY NET WORTH.PNG
Dec 25, 2015
530 posts
329 upvotes
Canada
rodbarc wrote: Welcome back!!

So following up on where we left off 3 months ago: you run your quant models on two decent years, 2015 and 2016. What is the simulation results if you run it for 2011, 2008, 2002 and 2001? BTW, what slippage are you employing on your simulations and how much is the commission costs?

Also, what is your criteria to sell? How do you manage losses? Everyone makes mistakes, and a heavily overweight position can hurt you bad, so which controls do you employ for that?

To make such "humble" claims, you want to show facts, not promises. You'll likely get a lot more subscribers if they see you know a thing or two and are genuinely interested in helping them grow their wealth.

Rod
Thanks I will. I intend to post some stock picks. I have one I will post soon.. It has 100% upside over 2 years, but it is more speculative in nature (and it's not a marijuana stock lol, it's large cap, very liquid name that I think is highly undervalued as sell side is valuing it off of P/E instead of FCF and it is positioned in some nice secular themes... )
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5877 posts
7458 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
wolfs004 wrote: In my last thread, I gave you guys only 1 stock pitch in all my jibber jabber, and that was Apple (see above pg.3 post #52). Not too shabby I must say.

Here's an update of my net worth.

Cheers.
You sold AAPL after a $2 share price gain, which equates to less than a 2% gain. You then go on to say you find the downside risk too high, suggesting it's a commodity type hardware producer with no moat (BBRY reference) and that you found something better to invest in. You then cap off your post by stating that it's cheap, a great company, at a great price.

I must admit, I do not understand this line of thinking.

(Successful troll is successful?)
Buy quality. Keep calm and go long (and note to self STOP SELLING).