Careers

SMX - Staff Management - Amazon - Horrible & Terrible treatment

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 2:53 am
[OP]
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
92 posts
23 upvotes

SMX - Staff Management - Amazon - Horrible & Terrible treatment

They basically treat you like a slave. Rude & arrogant & condescending managers and supervisors, who treat you like crap.

Amazon warehouse worker's are mostly hired through them like Pickers, Packers, Shippers, Receivers etc. They use you, left right and centre and then discard you, once the shopping and X'Mas season is over. Just a temping agency for Amazon, so that they can exploit you and fire you, when they want.

Insane targets have to be reached. you work brutal 12 hour shifts, where if you can stand at the end of the way you are lucky. both the pay and the job sucks big time and so does the working environment.

Basically you are a slave in there and its like a jail in there. you are searched with metal wands and metal detectors, every time you go in and out, even for lunch. degrading and humiliating treatment. you are constantly harassed, bullied, intimidated and written up for minor things.

Think twice before working for Amazon through SMX- Staff Management .
30 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3177 posts
601 upvotes
Canada
in other words, you just got fired?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
15958 posts
1855 upvotes
Many retailers staff seasonal workers to handle the holiday sales crunch. I'm not surprised Amazon is doing the same.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 16, 2012
3018 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga
Amazon has been known for years to squeeze profits at every corner, those quick cheap delivers do not happen out of a vacuum.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
92 posts
23 upvotes
badsha wrote:
Sep 6th, 2016 6:14 pm
in other words, you just got fired?
In other words , you have no clue, where or what I am doing, yet you are foolishly assuming things about me ? And embarassing yourself.

This is the time when they start hiring and start exploiting them , not firing. You really are clueless and misinformed , aren't you ?
Last edited by Janis4g3g on Sep 7th, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
92 posts
23 upvotes
coolspot wrote:
Sep 7th, 2016 8:44 am
Many retailers staff seasonal workers to handle the holiday sales crunch. I'm not surprised Amazon is doing the same.
But the treatment is not as crap as Amazon and SMX - Staff Management.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
92 posts
23 upvotes
olek86 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2016 10:29 am
Amazon has been known for years to squeeze profits at every corner, those quick cheap delivers do not happen out of a vacuum.
Yup that's what slave labour is for and that's the point..exploitation of workers at Amazon and SMX - Staff Management.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 16, 2010
1538 posts
671 upvotes
Hamilton
Janis4g3g wrote:
Sep 7th, 2016 7:03 pm
badsha wrote:
Sep 6th, 2016 6:14 pm
in other words, you just got fired?
In other words , you have no clue, where or what I am doing, yet you are foolishly assuming things about me ? And embarassing yourself.

This is the time when they start hiring and start exploiting them , not firing. You really are clueless and misinformed , aren't you ?
I'm going to assume the answer is yes until you say otherwise, which you haven't.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 13, 2010
4729 posts
400 upvotes
Scarborough
this is typical of management (white) and how they think of, and treat the "workers" (at most places in Canada).
Very few places are good environments. Everywhere the cheapness, lowballing and abuse is rampant.
The companies know they can get away with it cuz there are so many workers cheaply available.
Through an agency is worse, cuz most don;t even pay stat holiday pay.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
92 posts
23 upvotes

I'm going to assume the answer is yes until you say otherwise, which you haven't.
Feel free to assume, no loss for me. It will remain an assumption, until you know the truth and fact, which you don't. Since you like to assume things, why don't you assume the answer is no, lol.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
92 posts
23 upvotes
transitguy1 wrote:
Sep 8th, 2016 10:22 am
this is typical of management (white) and how they think of, and treat the "workers" (at most places in Canada).
Very few places are good environments. Everywhere the cheapness, lowballing and abuse is rampant.
The companies know they can get away with it cuz there are so many workers cheaply available.
Through an agency is worse, cuz most don;t even pay stat holiday pay.
Yup 90 % of the people working there are well educated and well qualified immigrants, who are easy to exploit and intimidate. They are given the no canadian experience, no canadian education , no good job in your field BS. While high school dropouts from here are running the show.

The employment agencies work on immigrant slave labour in Canada, and the corporations are hand in glove with them.
Sr. Member
Feb 8, 2003
684 posts
182 upvotes
Janis4g3g wrote:
Sep 7th, 2016 7:03 pm
badsha wrote:
Sep 6th, 2016 6:14 pm
in other words, you just got fired?
In other words , you have no clue, where or what I am doing, yet you are foolishly assuming things about me ? And embarassing yourself.

This is the time when they start hiring and start exploiting them , not firing. You really are clueless and misinformed , aren't you ?
So you got fired last year then?
[OP]
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
92 posts
23 upvotes
So you got fired last year then?
:facepalm:

Thanks for the bump :twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
5107 posts
662 upvotes
Janis4g3g wrote:
Sep 7th, 2016 7:07 pm
olek86 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2016 10:29 am
Amazon has been known for years to squeeze profits at every corner, those quick cheap delivers do not happen out of a vacuum.
Yup that's what slave labour is for and that's the point..exploitation of workers at Amazon and SMX - Staff Management.
I am guessing you were paid minimum wage or greater in exchange for work, probably not fun work, but still fully optional by you to choose to show up for that job.

Do you know what slavery actually is?

Top