Careers

SMX - Staff Management - Amazon - Horrible & Terrible treatment

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 2:53 am
Jul 7, 2010
805 posts
105 upvotes
burbs
that's why you get an edumacation. just so you know - there is bs in every job. and mostly not because of the job itself but from people.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
92 posts
23 upvotes
aubgray wrote:
Sep 9th, 2016 9:34 pm
that's why you get an edumacation. just so you know - there is bs in every job. and mostly not because of the job itself but from people.
What make you think, people working there, don't have education ? There they have it the other way round. There is a job in bs.
Mar 5, 2008
343 posts
32 upvotes
i don't think aubgray was taking a shot at employees and saying they are uneducated.
i'd guess that he's saying that the employee at a certain point needs to evaluate if pushing back against what they consider poor management and business practices is worth the time/effort vs. professional career development to give you more options aside from fighting management.

think of it like a personal relationship; everyone always works with their partner to get over conflicts in a relationship to a certain degree
theres always a breaking point where both sides will feel like it makes more sense to go their separate ways.

it all depends on your tolerance, how much you wish to compromise etc
Jul 7, 2010
805 posts
105 upvotes
burbs
Garest wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 8:27 pm
i don't think aubgray was taking a shot at employees and saying they are uneducated.
i'd guess that he's saying that the employee at a certain point needs to evaluate if pushing back against what they consider poor management and business practices is worth the time/effort vs. professional career development to give you more options aside from fighting management.

think of it like a personal relationship; everyone always works with their partner to get over conflicts in a relationship to a certain degree
theres always a breaking point where both sides will feel like it makes more sense to go their separate ways.

couldn't have written it better myself. thanks
[OP]
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
92 posts
23 upvotes
aubgray wrote:
Sep 13th, 2016 7:19 am
Garest wrote:
Sep 12th, 2016 8:27 pm

couldn't have written it better myself. thanks
You are welcome
[OP]
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
92 posts
23 upvotes
Amazon Canada has increased its FREE shipping minimum limit to $ 35 . Not only they treat their Canadian employees like crap, now they are treating Canadian customer's like crap too.
Sep 30, 2011
687 posts
169 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
amazon openly post $15/hr on their building, so the pay is not bad.

And yes, you have to deliver result, pick rate, packing time, minutes to offload a truck. all those metrics are measured and reported. supervisor line up the performance of each one, top ones get raise, the bottom one has to go. Too bad this is how capitalism works.
It applies to everyone include the ones showing arrogance to you, it is just when you are at bottom level job with virtually no skills it feels humiliating.
The door check is required by customer by contract, they cant sell it as "secured warehouse" if they don't do it. And it is downgrading to honest people to be checked, but theft is still there, the shrinkage allowance is usually 2% every year, so guess a lot smart people out there.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2191 posts
381 upvotes
Montreal
Not doubting you OP, but what is your source?
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Feb 8, 2003
684 posts
182 upvotes
Janis4g3g wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 11:47 am
Amazon Canada has increased its FREE shipping minimum limit to $ 35 . Not only they treat their Canadian employees like crap, now they are treating Canadian customer's like crap too.
Amazon is one of only places I order stuff online from. There service is amazing. I have prime so the free shipping requirement does not affect me. They treat there customer's great.

Sorry you got fired.
Feb 8, 2003
684 posts
182 upvotes
marc_t wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 2:13 pm
Source is they worked there, were a bottom end employee performance wise and got canned. Now they are angry and bitter.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2191 posts
381 upvotes
Montreal
supeg93 wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 2:20 pm
marc_t wrote:
Sep 22nd, 2016 2:13 pm
Source is they worked there, were a bottom end employee performance wise and got canned. Now they are angry and bitter.
Probable, but isn't that a premature conclusion?

A job is a 2 way street. There's very little to judge OP on. I can't help but hear him out.

I don't understand why he's being discreted and bashed. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if he is sour grapes with any employer.
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
Banned
Sep 30, 2016
73 posts
30 upvotes
Amazon treats its warehouse workers like slaves. This is a very well known fact, so not surprised they are doing the same in Canada.

SMX- Staff Management is their on site and in house employment agency, so they are going to have the same poor and exploiting attitude as Amazon. You only do this kind of job if you are uneducated, unskilled and desperate for money and absolutely have NO other option in life.

There are other warehouse jobs available and which treat you and pay you much much better than Amazon and SMX Staff Management.
Banned
Oct 30, 2016
93 posts
30 upvotes
Now even customer's are treated like crap, let alone the employees by Amazon.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2091 posts
341 upvotes
Edmonton
I don't see a problem with this at all? 12 hour days is no biggie. I worked 15s up in fort Mac. 12 is great for the extra OT. Think kf it this way. You work a month of 12s and then take 2 weeks off. Its equal to working a month of 8s and another 2 weeks of working 8s
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Banned
Oct 30, 2016
93 posts
30 upvotes
tmkf_patryk wrote:
Nov 9th, 2016 11:02 am
I don't see a problem with this at all? 12 hour days is no biggie. I worked 15s up in fort Mac. 12 is great for the extra OT. Think kf it this way. You work a month of 12s and then take 2 weeks off. Its equal to working a month of 8s and another 2 weeks of working 8s
Fort Mac pays you well.

Amazon pays you shit wages , and close to a minimum wage. They don't pay you OT wages just because you work 12 hrs a day. The work culture is abusive too.