Careers

SMX - Staff Management - Amazon - Horrible & Terrible treatment

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2017 2:53 am
Banned
Sep 3, 2016
92 posts
23 upvotes
Amazon Canada has increased its FREE shipping minimum limit to $ 35 . Not only they treat their Canadian employees like crap, now they are treating Canadian customer's like crap too.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
2419 posts
971 upvotes
amazon openly post $15/hr on their building, so the pay is not bad.

And yes, you have to deliver result, pick rate, packing time, minutes to offload a truck. all those metrics are measured and reported. supervisor line up the performance of each one, top ones get raise, the bottom one has to go. Too bad this is how capitalism works.
It applies to everyone include the ones showing arrogance to you, it is just when you are at bottom level job with virtually no skills it feels humiliating.
The door check is required by customer by contract, they cant sell it as "secured warehouse" if they don't do it. And it is downgrading to honest people to be checked, but theft is still there, the shrinkage allowance is usually 2% every year, so guess a lot smart people out there.
<signature removed>
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
Not doubting you OP, but what is your source?
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Feb 8, 2003
684 posts
184 upvotes
Janis4g3g wrote: Amazon Canada has increased its FREE shipping minimum limit to $ 35 . Not only they treat their Canadian employees like crap, now they are treating Canadian customer's like crap too.
Amazon is one of only places I order stuff online from. There service is amazing. I have prime so the free shipping requirement does not affect me. They treat there customer's great.

Sorry you got fired.
Feb 8, 2003
684 posts
184 upvotes
marc_t wrote: Not doubting you OP, but what is your source?
Source is they worked there, were a bottom end employee performance wise and got canned. Now they are angry and bitter.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
3167 posts
1209 upvotes
Montreal
supeg93 wrote:
marc_t wrote: Not doubting you OP, but what is your source?
Source is they worked there, were a bottom end employee performance wise and got canned. Now they are angry and bitter.
Probable, but isn't that a premature conclusion?

A job is a 2 way street. There's very little to judge OP on. I can't help but hear him out.

I don't understand why he's being discreted and bashed. I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if he is sour grapes with any employer.
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Banned
Sep 30, 2016
73 posts
30 upvotes
Amazon treats its warehouse workers like slaves. This is a very well known fact, so not surprised they are doing the same in Canada.

SMX- Staff Management is their on site and in house employment agency, so they are going to have the same poor and exploiting attitude as Amazon. You only do this kind of job if you are uneducated, unskilled and desperate for money and absolutely have NO other option in life.

There are other warehouse jobs available and which treat you and pay you much much better than Amazon and SMX Staff Management.
Banned
Oct 30, 2016
93 posts
30 upvotes
Now even customer's are treated like crap, let alone the employees by Amazon.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4867 posts
2067 upvotes
Edmonton
I don't see a problem with this at all? 12 hour days is no biggie. I worked 15s up in fort Mac. 12 is great for the extra OT. Think kf it this way. You work a month of 12s and then take 2 weeks off. Its equal to working a month of 8s and another 2 weeks of working 8s
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Banned
Oct 30, 2016
93 posts
30 upvotes
tmkf_patryk wrote: I don't see a problem with this at all? 12 hour days is no biggie. I worked 15s up in fort Mac. 12 is great for the extra OT. Think kf it this way. You work a month of 12s and then take 2 weeks off. Its equal to working a month of 8s and another 2 weeks of working 8s
Fort Mac pays you well.

Amazon pays you shit wages , and close to a minimum wage. They don't pay you OT wages just because you work 12 hrs a day. The work culture is abusive too.
Banned
Nov 7, 2017
28 posts
5 upvotes
I know 2 immigrants who got hired as warehouse workers at Amazon by SMX Staff management. One is a Mechanical engineer & the other one is an architect ! But from a developing country, so discrimination by employers can be expected.

Poor well educated sods will be working as warehouse general labour seasonal workers at this company..LOL. They have NO idea what's in store for them. Wait till they get ripped a new one by Amazon & SMX Staff Management..ha ha.

They will be used/abused/exploited over the holidays and then discarded as used tampons or toilet paper by Amazon. I feel sorry for them already :(. They think taking up this warehouse job & breaking their backs will lead to better opportunities & permanent employment with Amazon later on..ha ha..they have already been had by SMX Staff Management & Amazon Canada.