• Nov 17th, 2017 9:09 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 23, 2008
508 posts
42 upvotes

snes classic...which games to add ?

Hi !

I'm waiting to get my SNES classic (should arrive tomorrow). I need you to tell me waht games you would add beyond the obvious classics. here's some more specific points

- No Rpg, I dont have 100 of ghours to put in an adventure game beside earthbound that i,ve never played
- 2 players games. I want to enjoy it with my 9 years old who is a big wii/wii u fan
- I love all kind of games...

ok I know im not very specific after all !

Thanks !
12 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1244 posts
286 upvotes
mississauga
barbie: super model
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1045 posts
106 upvotes
add the arcade roms in there
-super puzzle fighter
-the simpsons
-TMNT (the arcade version not the SNES one)
-bust a move

Since you are playing with your kid I only list out the kids friendly ones.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25373 posts
2741 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I purchased the original Super Nintendo back in the 90s for one game (just like everyone else)

Street Fighter

Mario Kart is already included
Bust A Move is a good game
Super R-Type
Super Bomberman
Mortal Kombat

... Finish Him
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5962 posts
1269 upvotes
From the other SNES topic:

My revised list of some of the best missing games to add to SNES Classic Mini
(Games that are not on the default 21 games the SNES mini already has):

1) Final Fight 3 (1 and 2 are awful) but 3 is better than any of the the Streets of Rage games on the Sega Genesis.
This also has two players or 1 player co-op with a CPU controlled 2nd player.

2) Chrono Trigger (RPG yes but it has some of the best OST music)
3) Super Mario All-Stars (there is a version that comes with Super Mario World on it as well but that is also on the SNES classic mini by default)
4) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
5) Super Street Fighter 2. The SNES version does not have the super meter moves the arcade version has but the one included on the SNES Classic Mini (Street Fighter II Turbo) is missing a lot of the moves that were
added in to future street fighter games (Chun Li has no fireball, and no overhead knee attack, etc). Super Street Fighter 2 also adds Cammy, Fei Long, Dee Jay, and T-Hawk to the roster.
6) Kirby's Dreamland 3
7) Mighty Morphing Power Rangers: Movie Edition (The one with the White Power Ranger). Multiplayer Side-scrolling beat-em up like Final Fight 3 and Turtles in Time but not as good as either of them.
8) NBA Jam Tournament Edition
9) Bust-A-Move (Puzzle Bobble)
10) Super Bomberman 2, Super Bomberman 1
11) Donkey Kong Country 2 and Donkey Kong Country 3
12) Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
13) Mortal Kombat 2
14) Mortal Kombat 1
15) Wild Guns
16) Killer Instinct
17) X-Men Mutant Apocalypse
18) Harvest Moon
19) Gundamn Wing Endless Duel
20) Fatal Fury 2
21) Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
22) Terranigma (does not work unless you install retroarch)
23) Super Castlevania IV
24) Sunset Riders
25) Tales of Phantasia
26) Sailor Moon R (side scrolling beat 'em up with bad music)
27) Saturday Night Slam Masters
28) NHL '94. Read into it and NHL '94 is more liked than the others because fighting was removed in NHL '95.
29) Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball
30) Mighty Morphing Power Rangers
31) WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game
32) Super Double Dragon
33) Alladin
34) Batman Returns
35)Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose
36) The Lion King
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5957 posts
1676 upvotes
Canada
Saturday Night Slammasters
TMNT Turtles in Time
NHL
Madden
NBA Jam TE

... I also recommend TMNT Tournament Fighters ... it's really just a reskinned/cloned SF2, but it's fun and playable for most skill levels. I enjoyed it much as a kid.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
5957 posts
1676 upvotes
Canada
I'm also leaving out all those "glorious" SNES RPGs. As great as they were, I doubt many owners of SNES Mini really are going to devote 50+ hours to those games in this day and age.

Stick with the highly fun/playable/arcade type pick up and play games.

I also forgot UN Squadron. Really though, any NEO GEO or Capcom games are going to be solid arcade/like fun.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1350 posts
151 upvotes
Markham
Can anyone advise where we can get these games? I’m contemplating modding mine. If you can’t post, PM would be appreciated
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2769 posts
232 upvotes
Ottawa
2K6TSX wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 10:09 pm
Can anyone advise where we can get these games?
Wherever you normally get ROMs. Most of them are very easy to find with Google, or any BitTorrent client with a built-in search engine. (Many torrent clients let you select specific files in a torrent to download, so you don't have to download a complete set if you don't want to.)
I’m contemplating modding mine.
Not sure what you mean, but "modding" is obligatory. Nintendo certainly didn't intend for people to put arbitrary games on the console.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5926 posts
771 upvotes
Grimsby
Romance of the Three Kingdoms II, my favorite strategy game :)
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
1350 posts
151 upvotes
Markham
Jorpho wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 7:08 pm
Wherever you normally get ROMs. Most of them are very easy to find with Google, or any BitTorrent client with a built-in search engine. (Many torrent clients let you select specific files in a torrent to download, so you don't have to download a complete set if you don't want to.)

Not sure what you mean, but "modding" is obligatory. Nintendo certainly didn't intend for people to put arbitrary games on the console.
Thanks for your reply. I don’t normally get roms or use torrent clients hence my ignorance on the subject. Can anyone point me to a particular site that works well?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5926 posts
771 upvotes
Grimsby
It's against the guidelines here to post those kinds of sites. You can just google the name of the ROM you're looking for and trust me, you won't have any problem finding it.