PC & Video Games

SNES mini - $80 Sept 29 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2018 4:50 pm
Tags:

Poll: How will it do?

• Total votes: 435. You have voted on this poll.
Buy buy buy!

59%
Flipping heaven

26%
Dust collector

16%
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1784 posts
2830 upvotes
Ontario
M1GOmigs wrote: I'm really hoping that Amazon reserves their preorders for Prime Day on July 11...
I don't think there will be any pre-orders. But if there is, they shouldn't put them up on Prime Day because there will be a ton of people on Amazon and it'll be sold out in seconds, especially if One-Click checkout is enabled.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
M1GOmigs wrote: I'm really hoping that Amazon reserves their preorders for Prime Day on July 11...
What about those who don't have Prime?
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
IWannaWin wrote: I don't think there will be any pre-orders. But if there is, they shouldn't put them up on Prime Day because there will be a ton of people on Amazon and it'll be sold out in seconds, especially if One-Click checkout is enabled.
That would suck since the Amazons in the other countries are doing preorders.
Board games!!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1784 posts
2830 upvotes
Ontario
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: That would suck since the Amazons in the other countries are doing preorders.
The same thing happened for the NES Classic.
My guess is that Nintendo wants to keep a steady stream of consoles in North America so if they accept pre-orders now, there won't be any available on release day.

projectmoonlightcafe wrote: What about those who don't have Prime?
Sign up for the Prime trial. If you already signed up, create a new account and sign up again or if it's been over a year you can ask a CSR to give you another trial.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
If you plan to pre-order much of anything gaming related on Amazon you're going to need Prime. The Switch pre-orders were prime exclusive as have some LE's and collector stuff been recently. I saw someone mention on Reddit the other day that this has been the case with a few BD's too. Seems likely Amazon's intent is that anything that will ship in limited numbers will be prime exclusive.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
Ascott wrote: If you plan to pre-order much of anything gaming related on Amazon you're going to need Prime. The Switch pre-orders were prime exclusive as have some LE's and collector stuff been recently. I saw someone mention on Reddit the other day that this has been the case with a few BD's too. Seems likely Amazon's intent is that anything that will ship in limited numbers will be prime exclusive.
It only makes sense to further incentivize Prime... not that the program needs more incentive especially in the States... If Amazon releases preorders without first giving dibs to Prime members, I'd be very disappointed.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
IWannaWin wrote: I don't think there will be any pre-orders. But if there is, they shouldn't put them up on Prime Day because there will be a ton of people on Amazon and it'll be sold out in seconds, especially if One-Click checkout is enabled.
Yeah, that would really suck for us who want to get one, but it would be great for Amazon... Hopefully at the very least, they make it limited to one console per person.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1784 posts
2830 upvotes
Ontario
M1GOmigs wrote: Hopefully at the very least, they make it limited to one console per person.
They will for sure. I just hope they crack down on scalpers that make 5+ Amazon prime accounts to get around that limit.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6385 upvotes
Vancouver
I guess I better activate my Prime trial now!

edit: wtf. I went to activate my free trial, didn't work. now it's saying I have to pay $79/year?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1784 posts
2830 upvotes
Ontario
Jermyzy wrote: I guess I better activate my Prime trial now!

edit: wtf. I went to activate my free trial, didn't work. now it's saying I have to pay $79/year?
You should probably wait until they say they'll do pre-orders.
Aug 20, 2008
766 posts
96 upvotes
I'd be very surprised if they do pre-orders here. I hope I'm wrong though.
Mar 30, 2009
995 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon may do the same thing as with the NES classic. Post the day and time slot they will go on sale. This was how I got my NES mini and maybe the easiest and fairest for everyone. Just gotta make sure you're by a phone or computer when it goes live. Funny thing is, with all the hype around the NES classic, I think I played it twice lol. Same will happen to the SNES Classic but still nice to be able to share with my 3 year old as she loves everything Nintendo.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
redeagle wrote: Amazon may do the same thing as with the NES classic. Post the day and time slot they will go on sale. This was how I got my NES mini and maybe the easiest and fairest for everyone. Just gotta make sure you're by a phone or computer when it goes live. Funny thing is, with all the hype around the NES classic, I think I played it twice lol. Same will happen to the SNES Classic but still nice to be able to share with my 3 year old as she loves everything Nintendo.
I disagree. The reason I didn't buy an NES classic was that most of the games (except for a few) don't hold up with time and I knew I wouldn't have the patience to play them. Games from SNES are very different. I am definitely interested in playing all of them.
Board games!!!!
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
I skipped the NES classic mini.

The SNES classic has a much better collection of games.
Super Mario Bros 3 is the only game that stands out on the NES classic that holds its own against most of the games in the SNES collection.

SMB3 > Super Mario World.
projectmoonlightcafe wrote: I disagree. The reason I didn't buy an NES classic was that most of the games (except for a few) don't hold up with time and I knew I wouldn't have the patience to play them. Games from SNES are very different. I am definitely interested in playing all of them.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jul 4th, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4662 posts
960 upvotes
Toronto
Best Buy changed their search result for Super NES Classic to their blog announcement.
Board games!!!!
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6385 upvotes
Vancouver
Just ordered one from FNAC portugal...cost me $178 after shipping/conversion :( I hope the console will display english and not portugese!
Jun 26, 2012
398 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
Any idea why it was cancelled. Mine appears to have gone thru