PC & Video Games

SNES mini - $80 Sept 29 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2018 4:50 pm
Tags:

Poll: How will it do?

• Total votes: 435. You have voted on this poll.
Buy buy buy!

59%
Flipping heaven

26%
Dust collector

16%
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
redeagle wrote: Oh man. This is the last shipping details I found. Who pays the duties? I've never had anything shipped with this company.

Parcel held - awaiting payment of customs duties & taxes
Wednesday 09/27/2017 at 06:09 PM

I posted this same question a few times as well. I have the exact same message, but mine says 7:xx PM on 9/27. I wonder if t has already arrived in Canada, and how long delivery typically is
Jun 26, 2012
398 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
dmdsoftware2 wrote: I posted this same question a few times as well. I have the exact same message, but mine says 7:xx PM on 9/27. I wonder if t has already arrived in Canada, and how long delivery typically is
I have the same thing. I got in touch with Chronopost, the french carrier. They told me there is nothing they can do and to get in touch with FNAC as Fnac has a special contract with them and therefore they were not able to do anything (no idea what they meant). They also told me packages will not be handed over to Canada Post as they work with a "private contractor" in Canada...I then got in touch with FNAC and they told me they would looking into this. That's the last thing I have heard.

Duties will be on us though as the invoice from Fnac stipulates price is before tax and tax has not been charged...wihch is weird though as price is just a few cents less than price with vat in France
Feb 17, 2009
585 posts
324 upvotes
Sephora wrote: My BestBuy preorder was delivered today around 1 pm, and I've been having lots of fun and nostalgia playing through some games. Cleared Super Mario Kart to unlock 150 cc, and just finished Street Fighter 2 (albeit at only four star difficulty; Ken for the win).

Really well made device, and I'm looking forward to getting into more of the old games. In addition, lots of fun chatting with my old childhood friends - some of whom I'd lost contact with - about it.
Good stuff. The RPGs are legit games.
Nov 8, 2009
263 posts
357 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote: WALMART.CA UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Hard to find but call customer service on 1-800-328-0402 Press option 1 then next menu option 6 to speak to someone. Have your order confirmation on hand.

According to the CSR I spoke with they were sent a communication to share with customers calling in who had their orders on back order.

The message is that they are on actual back order and we will all get an email within the next 2-3 business days stating that the order was successful. Then we are looking at another 3-10 business days after that for delivery.

Some more of you call and see if it is consistent and report back.
I got the back order email 2 hours after order. I hope this is true that they are suppose to get some more stock for online that will be shipped out in the next few days. I wonder if that means they will also have some more for sale in the next few days online.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
5156 posts
1315 upvotes
London
si2k7801 wrote: Good stuff. The RPGs are legit games.
It’s just missing Chrono Trigger
Mar 30, 2009
995 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
djskynet wrote: I have the same thing. I got in touch with Chronopost, the french carrier. They told me there is nothing they can do and to get in touch with FNAC as Fnac has a special contract with them and therefore they were not able to do anything (no idea what they meant). They also told me packages will not be handed over to Canada Post as they work with a "private contractor" in Canada...I then got in touch with FNAC and they told me they would looking into this. That's the last thing I have heard.

Duties will be on us though as the invoice from Fnac stipulates price is before tax and tax has not been charged...wihch is weird though as price is just a few cents less than price with vat in France
Thank you for the update. Don't want to jump the gun on this, but if for some reason this thing doesn't get delivered, is there any course of action through the credit card company?
Jun 26, 2012
398 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
redeagle wrote: Thank you for the update. Don't want to jump the gun on this, but if for some reason this thing doesn't get delivered, is there any course of action through the credit card company?
I am sure this will get delivered. My guess is that hundreds of those have been sent the same day and that the border offices in Montreal are wondering what the h*** is this. And given this won't be handed off to Canada Post that may explain de delay
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
djskynet wrote: I am sure this will get delivered. My guess is that hundreds of those have been sent the same day and that the border offices in Montreal are wondering what the h*** is this. And given this won't be handed off to Canada Post that may explain de delay
They may not be using Canada Post. I would guess almost certainty they would, but it is not always the case, especially when you said " They also told me packages will not be handed over to Canada Post as they work with a "private contractor" in Canada."

I thought it was being handled by Amazon, per their "Amazon Digital". Amazon uses a third party for their international deliveries. I've also never got dinged on duty and taxes with Amazon international deliveries, but it was always clearly stipulated that I had already paid Amazon to handle the custom clearance.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
EB Games shipment (from 12am release online orders) just shipped (purolator tracking number)
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
2268 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto
redeagle wrote: Thank you for the update. Don't want to jump the gun on this, but if for some reason this thing doesn't get delivered, is there any course of action through the credit card company?
I've been having issues with FNAC. Made an order in the begining of the month. Cancelled it a few minutes later. They confirmed the cancellation. Looked at my c.c statement and they charged me 3 weeks later and decided to ship it. So difficult to contact these guys.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6386 upvotes
Vancouver
bigjee wrote: My amazon.ca order just shipped. ETA Tuesday oct 3
Damn, I originally had 2 day shipping (estimated Sunday delivery) but I had delivery to my work address which is closed on Sunday, so when I contacted them they changed to regular shipping (Thursday delivery) instead, should have just left it
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1163 posts
210 upvotes
redeagle wrote: Oh man. This is the last shipping details I found. Who pays the duties? I've never had anything shipped with this company.

Parcel held - awaiting payment of customs duties & taxes
Wednesday 09/27/2017 at 06:09 PM
604alfa wrote:
In my experience with Canada Post, you'll have to pay for duties and taxes upon delivery of the parcel, since neither the seller nor the original postal service will pay the customs for you. If the delivery is botched, they'll leave a "missed you" doorhanger and you'll pay at the nearest post office. Don't call the CBSA, they got other crap on their plate lol

edited for grammar, gimme a break, I'm sick
dmdsoftware2 wrote:

I posted this same question a few times as well. I have the exact same message, but mine says 7:xx PM on 9/27. I wonder if t has already arrived in Canada, and how long delivery typically is
djskynet wrote:
I have the same thing. I got in touch with Chronopost, the french carrier. They told me there is nothing they can do and to get in touch with FNAC as Fnac has a special contract with them and therefore they were not able to do anything (no idea what they meant). They also told me packages will not be handed over to Canada Post as they work with a "private contractor" in Canada...I then got in touch with FNAC and they told me they would looking into this. That's the last thing I have heard.

There was some discussion about this over in the nowinstock.net comments for the snes classic .

Basically FNAC used chronopost. In canada, chronopost uses a brokerage company called FB express. So right now FNAC snes' are being held at their MTL location awaiting payment of brokerage fees and taxes. They will eventually call you to inform you of the amount (seems to be between $30-40ish depending on province) or you could call them and settle if you don't want to wait for them. Once the amount owing is paid they'll be sent I think via purolator (though I may be confusing this with another site).
Original nowinstock comment wrote:ATTN FNAC ORDERS:
Call FB Express, and give them your visa number... Wish I knew this yesterday.
FB Express is the freight forwarder for CHRONOPOST into Canada... Their # is:
514-335-1113
Last edited by Bulwark on Sep 29th, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 30, 2009
995 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Bulwark wrote: There was some discussion about this over in the nowinstock.net comments for the snes classic .

Basically FNAC used chronopost. In canada, chronopost uses a brokerage company called FB express. So right now FNAC snes' are being held at their MTL location awaiting payment of brokerage fees and taxes. They will eventually call you to inform you of the amount (seems to be between $30-40ish depending on province) or you could call them and settle if you don't want to wait for them.
Wow!! This is great information. Thank you so much. I'll do this for sure.
Aug 22, 2017
10 posts
10 upvotes
Reseller market is great. Unloaded 3 at an average of 270$ each. 6 more on the way. This will pay for my trip to Prague!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2011
6609 posts
3909 upvotes
StephenB447791 wrote: Reseller market is great. Unloaded 3 at an average of 270$ each. 6 more on the way. This will pay for my trip to Prague!
not gonna flame you or anything but how did you even manage to get 9 of them?

a combination of in-store and online?
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2006
2511 posts
259 upvotes
Whitby
I am giving up on Staples, my last two orders with them have been cancelled because of phantom stock. How hard is it in this day and age to have a website with reliable stock levels? The kicker is I was set and didn't wait around for Amazon or Best Buy to release their online stock. Ah well, I am again on the hunt....
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
Bulwark wrote: There was some discussion about this over in the nowinstock.net comments for the snes classic .

Basically FNAC used chronopost. In canada, chronopost uses a brokerage company called FB express. So right now FNAC snes' are being held at their MTL location awaiting payment of brokerage fees and taxes. They will eventually call you to inform you of the amount (seems to be between $30-40ish depending on province) or you could call them and settle if you don't want to wait for them. Once the amount owing is paid they'll be sent I think via purolator (though I may be confusing this with another site).
Thx for the info. Will call Monday.
Aug 25, 2011
163 posts
62 upvotes
LACHINE
trinxified wrote: not gonna flame you or anything but how did you even manage to get 9 of them?

a combination of in-store and online?
Probably. I got 4 easy just going to the mall (Walmart, EB, bestbuy, source) and have Amazon, bestbuy.ca (pre-order), Walmart.ca and FNAC all coming in in the next few days. He probably managed to also hit a toys r us.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2007
2268 posts
373 upvotes
Toronto

Thank you. What information do we need to provide them? I can't find the tracking #

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)