PC & Video Games

SNES mini - $80 Sept 29 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 10:09 am
Tags:

Poll: How will it do?

• Total votes: 166. You have voted on this poll.
Buy buy buy!

63%
Flipping heaven

27%
Dust collector

10%
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3368 posts
235 upvotes
again...I want to play it natively. I dont want to hack a Sony console to play retro games from the other guys. The only Nintendo system I own is the Switch.

and let's say I have a Wii already, if I buying 2 SNES controllers thats compatible...another what, $30-40 can get you the entire Mini/Classic console.

the only hacking I'll consider on a console is to unlock these Mini/Classic to play the entire library since N doesn't want to make any money by selling additional games.

Im not a white knight but that's also a legal grey area.

let's hope the unreleased Star Fox 2 is worth it.

dont know if just Nintendo fanboys but reading people's experience from online who owns the Mini, quite a few say they'll gladly pay 2-3x at scalper prices because it's sucha neat little package.
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5817 posts
1214 upvotes
Most of the SNES games, such as Earthbound alone, are $10-15 each on the Wii U or 3DS Virtual Console and all have not been released on the Switch yet.
A complete physical cartridge of Earthbound on SNES goes for around $300 USD (the big boxed version that comes with the strategy guide).

$80 USD is a really good deal considering Nintendo could have charged a lot more for the SNES mini if they wanted to.

SNES emulators on PC are a bit of a grey area.
Emulators on PC also do not replicate the sounds and music of the SNES precisely either.

Nintendo does not have cross-buy for any Virtual Console games.
Despite being a first party title, with Earthbound on Wii U and 3DS: I bought the Wii U version but to get the 3DS version too
I would have to pay $15 again on the same account.

Jan 15, 2016
155 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
using a Pi is not really much of a hassle if you look for pre-built images, people are going crazy with these and making them look very nice.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3095 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
Kintaromk2 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 2:42 am
using a Pi is not really much of a hassle if you look for pre-built images, people are going crazy with these and making them look very nice.
What's the deal with people trying to convince others to just go through emulation? I mean, we want an easy, legal way to play Super Nintendo games from the past. This is why this thing is popular around here.

I'm sure I can grab a Pi and configure it, download a bunch of ROMs, buy some third party controllers and sculpt some sort of case but that's not what I want to do with my time, nor is it what many of the people in this thread are after.

IF I'm not able to grab one of these at a reasonable price and there are no other alternatives, then maybe I'll consider the emulation route. Or not, and I can just move on and play more current games, and it's no skin off my back. But for now let's just agree that people actually want to buy these things...
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Oct 30, 2013
31 posts
4 upvotes
Alberta
Like the NES thread lets all help each other and post whenever theres stock, because of that NES thread I was able to get one in time for xmas as a gift and am very thankful. I would post anytime there was stock as well. I will be using this link like last time.

We've heard the emulator and pi argument enough, just leave it be.

https://www.nowinstock.net/ca/videogami ... icedition/
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5817 posts
1214 upvotes
The authentic Nintendo-made SNES and NES minis use HDMI cables.
stormwolf18 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 10:06 pm
rca cables? hell no!!! never again.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3087 posts
891 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2017 10:24 pm
The authentic Nintendo-made SNES and NES minis use HDMI cables.
I think he's referring to the knockoff ones from the post above his.
Banned
Jul 25, 2017
2 posts
These classic consoles are neat, but they seem to cause so much trouble.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10443 posts
541 upvotes
Dappanam wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 1:29 am
These classic consoles are neat, but they seem to cause so much trouble.
What trouble in particular?
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
3095 posts
604 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 1:55 pm
What trouble in particular?
LOL, looks like that person got banned already.

Also, looks like you're celebrating 11 years on RFD... Happy RFDanniversary!
XBox Live: M1GO | PSN: CURRENTLY INACTIVE
Jul 23, 2014
14 posts
5 upvotes
Quebec City
Looks like walmart.com cancelled after all
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10443 posts
541 upvotes
M1GOmigs wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 3:17 pm
LOL, looks like that person got banned already.

Also, looks like you're celebrating 11 years on RFD... Happy RFDanniversary!
Never even noticed lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4092 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
Philhb wrote:
Jul 26th, 2017 3:58 pm
Looks like walmart.com cancelled after all
Welcome back to the fold lol
Board games!!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)