PC & Video Games

SNES mini - $80 Sept 29 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2018 4:50 pm
Tags:

Poll: How will it do?

• Total votes: 435. You have voted on this poll.
Buy buy buy!

59%
Flipping heaven

26%
Dust collector

16%
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
texedomel wrote: Must buy for me, I hope this time there's enough units going around for people who wants one.
Unfortunately there won't be as people will buy as many as they can hoping there's a resale market like the NES and we all know Nintendo can't get stock numbers right.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2005
2134 posts
191 upvotes
Canada
Will definitely be getting 2 of these...just like I did with the NES Classic, even though I have my Nvidia shield with plenty of games. I grew up playing these consoles....so its a day one purchase for me just for nostalgic sake. In terms of the games...Im sure once the modders get their hands on it...you'll be able to add the whole SNES library....lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
1721 posts
643 upvotes
Kitchener
That is an all star lineup of games. I'm surprised they managed to get the license for Final fantasy. Easily 1000+ hours of gameplay in those games.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
Any CDN links yet for orders? I'm 100% getting one and then getting some wireless controllers.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1784 posts
2830 upvotes
Ontario
Super strokey wrote: Any CDN links yet for orders? I'm 100% getting one and then getting some wireless controllers.
Not yet, but I will post here when they do.
According to IGN, the SNES controller cords will be 1.5 meters long. But I might still get a wireless controller if they're cheap enough and feel like the real thing.
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
18046 posts
980 upvotes
IWannaWin wrote: Not yet, but I will post here when they do.
According to IGN, the SNES controller cords will be 1.5 meters long. But I might still get a wireless controller if they're cheap enough.
Nice, I'm definitely going wireless. Loved the SNES so much.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
North America gets the basic looking North American design of the Super Nintendo.
Europe gets the Super Famicon design of the SNES.

Might have to pay scalpers to get a European version. This is one where I would consider getting one from both regions.

North America:

Europe
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Games lineup for SNES classic mini:

Joke image of the 21 WORST all-time SNES games to include in a SNES mini:

Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1801 posts
1445 upvotes
Montreal
XFactor11 wrote:
Who are we kidding, that one would sell out instantly too.
IBM 701 | germanium diodes | 2000 multiplication or division operations per second | 2048 word memory on 72 tubes, 1024 bits per tube| 38-bit Accumulator | 36-bit Multiplier-Quotient | 2 IBM 726 magnetic tapes - 2x 2 million digit storage
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2234 posts
130 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Games lineup for SNES classic mini:

I actually enjoyed batman forever and pit fighter.
Software Engineer
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
Have to sleep, I really hope they don't post it in the middle of the night.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4686 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
The Japanese version comes with a slightly different set of games.

Japanese exclusives
  • Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (ファイアーエムブレム 紋章の謎)
  • The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (がんばれゴエモン ゆき姫救出絵巻)
  • Tetris Attack (パネルでポン)
  • Super Soccer (スーパーフォーメーションサッカー)
  • Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (スーパーストリートファイターII)

NA/Europe exclusives
  • EarthBound
  • Super Castlevania IV
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting

Last edited by ChinpokoMon on Jun 27th, 2017 1:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
I hate to admit but I am in too but not if it is the same gong show as last fall, in which case emulators will do. No reason Nintendo cannot have this up on a virtual console system on Switch etc. $$ grabbing whores they are.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
All I can say is Nintendo better release millions more of these - there was never any supply of the last one. I have never even seen one.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2643 posts
172 upvotes
I think this will be worst. This is a more beloved console with more beloved games. These will be the hottest item on the market.

I hope I will be able to get one
mrtvgame wrote: I hate to admit but I am in too but not if it is the same gong show as last fall, in which case emulators will do. No reason Nintendo cannot have this up on a virtual console system on Switch etc. $$ grabbing whores they are.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
Amaozn UK preorder sold out in minutes, same with other UK retailers.
Australia preorders were live this morning.
Amazon US placeholder is up https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0721GGGS9
BestBuy US placeholder is up http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-en ... Id=5919830
Walmart US placeholder is up https://www.walmart.com/ip/PO-HDW-PLACE ... l/55791858

Still nothing from Canadian retailers.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

$99 10GB/month Can/US/Mexico, 1000 minutes, free evenings and weekend
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
kool1 wrote: All I can say is Nintendo better release millions more of these - there was never any supply of the last one. I have never even seen one.
They made 2 million of the NES classic, at least half of which went to Japan apparently leaving 1 million for the rest of the world. I think they need to make at least 10 million of this thing to avoid similar problems, demand will be way higher. They could really do a lot more to curb hoarding too, they just basically release them to retailers without any real restrictions beyond quantity per order. They've already announced it will be a limited edition run which will just make it a more attractive target to hoarders. Nintendo claimed they will make a lot more but they said the same thing last time when the initial allocations of the NES classic sold out. "Don't worry a lot more is coming". Most retailers saw less than 10 units per store after that, some none at all.

Anyways it seems insane to not be able to just preorder something online in this day and age. People should be able to just order it off Amazon without stock alert websites and whatnot. Or better yet just walk into a store. Nintendo is a frustrating company sometimes.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
1250 posts
192 upvotes
even 10 millions when the demand is probably around 50 millions if not more will be a low number. There will be a lot of people with empty hands unfortunately.
Heatware : Chuckdeg
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
8824 posts
1218 upvotes
I really hope to get one of these. Missed out the nes classic last year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)