PC & Video Games

SNES mini - $80 Sept 29 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 4:20 am
Tags:

Poll: How will it do?

• Total votes: 293. You have voted on this poll.
Buy buy buy!

60%
Flipping heaven

28%
Dust collector

12%
Aug 31, 2006
879 posts
25 upvotes
Just posting to try and renew my thread subscription - I stopped getting email updates for some reason
Jan 31, 2007
210 posts
11 upvotes
There was a Nintendo representative at my local Walmart today and I inquired about SNES Classic supplies on launch day. He told me that he had heard that there should be a fair number in stores on launch day and apparently Nintendo was limiting the number of preorders in order to ensure that more would be available in store to make it more fair. He surmised that this was done to prevent resellers from getting too many units since they would have to physically line up for each unit purchased rather than having multiple accounts at multiple retailers. I have no idea how accurate this information is, so please take it for what it's worth. I'll be trying my luck on launch day after I finish work that morning.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2680 posts
39 upvotes
qam wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 8:04 pm
There was a Nintendo representative at my local Walmart today and I inquired about SNES Classic supplies on launch day. He told me that he had heard that there should be a fair number in stores on launch day and apparently Nintendo was limiting the number of preorders in order to ensure that more would be available in store to make it more fair. He surmised that this was done to prevent resellers from getting too many units since they would have to physically line up for each unit purchased rather than having multiple accounts at multiple retailers. I have no idea how accurate this information is, so please take it for what it's worth. I'll be trying my luck on launch day after I finish work that morning.
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was limiting the supply of preorders to create hype.
Oct 23, 2006
888 posts
38 upvotes
Still baffled i wont be able to get one here in Quebec. I'm really pissed.
Heatware : Chuckdeg
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5819 posts
708 upvotes
Grimsby
Reggie finally commented on the SNES Classic again. Claims that release day quantities will be significant and that people should not pay scalpers more than the MSRP. Of course they've said this before so who knows.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4096 posts
786 upvotes
Toronto
substatica wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 7:07 pm
In light of today's events,

Capture.PNG
so whats going on, is staples going to re-open pre orders?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4319 posts
634 upvotes
ez_86 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:47 am
I hope you meant The Source.....had me worried for a sec I missed a preorder opportunity at Staples...dang..
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4096 posts
786 upvotes
Toronto
deezz wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:52 am
I hope you meant The Source.....had me worried for a sec I missed a preorder opportunity at Staples...dang..
source, lol
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10510 posts
563 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:36 am
Reggie finally commented on the SNES Classic again. Claims that release day quantities will be significant and that people should not pay scalpers more than the MSRP. Of course they've said this before so who knows.
Since they aren't providing numbers, I wouldn't believe them. They sold 2.3 million NES Classic's. SIgnificantly more could be 3 million total worldwide and I am sure demand will be much bigger than the NES Classic.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2680 posts
39 upvotes
ez_86 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:47 am
Just spoke to their customer service on chat and they said they're currently "investigating" the issues with their site and don't have an ETA on when they'll put them up for sale again.

*The Source, that is.
Last edited by chrza on Sep 11th, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2016
10 posts
1 upvote
chrza wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 12:30 pm
Just spoke to their customer service on chat and they said they're currently "investigating" the issues with their site and don't have an ETA on when they'll put them up for sale again.
I'm putting my money on them releasing it in the next 17 or so days lol
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2680 posts
39 upvotes
wpgbruce wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 12:31 pm
lololol
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2680 posts
39 upvotes
wpgbruce wrote:
Yeah, but the question is, will anyone be able to get one in their cart and actually checkout haha
Oct 29, 2009
44 posts
39 upvotes
wpgbruce wrote:
After that fiasco I doubt they'll risk a repeat, my bet is that they'll announce that the pre-order is cancelled. Maybe even make up a BS reason like they sold out their pre-orders during that debacle (yeah right) or that they want to have the most possible stock in-store on launch day.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

substatica, realg123, uzze