PC & Video Games

SNES mini - $80 Sept 29 2017

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 9:14 pm
Tags:

Poll: How will it do?

• Total votes: 418. You have voted on this poll.
Buy buy buy!

59%
Flipping heaven

26%
Dust collector

15%
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4210 posts
811 upvotes
Toronto
chrza wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 12:30 pm
Just spoke to their customer service on chat and they said they're currently "investigating" the issues with their site and don't have an ETA on when they'll put them up for sale again.

*The Source, that is.
thanks for calling and informing us, appreciated.
Feb 17, 2009
402 posts
190 upvotes
Redmask wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 10:36 am
Reggie finally commented on the SNES Classic again. Claims that release day quantities will be significant and that people should not pay scalpers more than the MSRP. Of course they've said this before so who knows.
Reggie also states that NOA is diverting most stock to physical stores to prevent savvy online buyers from hoarding the stock. This is a smart move IMO and will at least slow down a scalper's quest to build up an inventory. So I'm ok with the mess of a pre-order we've had if it means I'll have a better chance in picking one up in stores.
Last edited by si2k7801 on Sep 11th, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 25, 2011
79 posts
21 upvotes
LACHINE
Wish he would divert some to Quebec, stupid language laws.

On another note, IF there really is so much stock going to stores, I'm sure demand will die pretty quickly. Things are so nuts now because speculators who don't actually want one, picked them up to flip. If these things are everywhere, demand will completely fall off a cliff as they all move on to the next "must have" item.
Feb 19, 2010
780 posts
171 upvotes
YYC
2short514 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 1:57 pm

On another note, IF there really is so much stock going to stores, I'm sure demand will die pretty quickly. Things are so nuts now because speculators who don't actually want one, picked them up to flip. If these things are everywhere, demand will completely fall off a cliff as they all move on to the next "must have" item.
Thanks Sherlock lmao
Feb 17, 2009
402 posts
190 upvotes
2short514 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 1:57 pm

Doubt it. If you remove all the scalpers from the equation , you're still left with more people who want the system then they will produce.
Mar 8, 2017
38 posts
7 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
I think that there will be a better chance of getting one of these in the store than the NES Classic... I really want to believe Nintendo... but when has Nintendo ever released hardware that has been easy to come by in the days/weeks following release.
Feb 17, 2009
402 posts
190 upvotes
nickc9 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 3:39 pm
I think that there will be a better chance of getting one of these in the store than the NES Classic... I really want to believe Nintendo... but when has Nintendo ever released hardware that has been easy to come by in the days/weeks following release.
Wii U was.
Nov 12, 2011
329 posts
67 upvotes
Ontario
new post on thesource's website regarding future release:

Aug 25, 2011
79 posts
21 upvotes
LACHINE
Thanks for that. At least we can stop checking their site.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
3496 posts
288 upvotes
trying not to take any blame for the fiasco

HA

Nintendo is a joke.
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2008
1814 posts
1306 upvotes
Winnipeg
Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry. We experienced tremendous response to this offer. Because of high demand and resulting site disruption, we will not be offering Super NES Classic for pre-order. We understand this product has been highly anticipated by our customers and it will be available for purchase on launch day, currently scheduled for Sept 29. Purchase details will be shared on thesource.ca on launch day.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause
:arrow: "Proudly Serving The RFD Community"
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3303 posts
379 upvotes
Markham
Reggie Fils-Aimé, president of Nintendo of North America, is telling people not to overpay for SNES Classic auctions. They will make millions of these.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.
Feb 17, 2009
402 posts
190 upvotes
willy156 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 5:00 pm
new post on thesource's website regarding future release:

I don't know how this botched pre order doesn't tarnish the sources reputation. They should have fixed their server issue, then offer pre orders again. They'll be forever remembered as the company that is incapable of running a proper ecommerce website.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)