SNES RPG current and future value

• Last Updated:
  • May 20th, 2017 10:23 am
[OP]
Apr 30, 2017
70 posts
12 upvotes

SNES RPG current and future value

So Ive had Final Fantasy 1 - Mystic Quest, Final Fantasy 3, illusions of gaia, breathe of fire and chrono trigger for a long time. No boxes, just absolute mint cartridges only. Im not a collector, Ive just always loved those games so Ive hung onto them. Do you think the value of these (or any one of them) would go up in the future? What would I get for them currently?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2003
2753 posts
231 upvotes
Ottawa
I suppose the value would probably stay the same or go up. Final Fantasy 3, Breath of Fire, Chrono Trigger, and Mystic Quest are all readily available at this point on the Virtual Console or otherwise; Illusion of Gaia might conceivably change in the future. I suspect a big factor would be whether Nintendo gets around to releasing that SNES Mini (and whether or not they do a better job with its release than they did with the NES Mini). But this is speculation.

As for how much you would get for them currently, just check out the completed eBay listings.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
1959 posts
179 upvotes
Current loose ebay prices (USD, CAD sellers are far less consistent) are around:

Mystic Quest: $10
FFIII: $40.85
Illusion of Gaia: $18.85
Breath of Fire: $23.95
Chrono Trigger: $90

I wouldn't expect any huge changes in prices for the loose games. SNES is moving firmly into the higher end collectors market now, so most of the action is going to be for CIB or Sealed copies.
[OP]
Apr 30, 2017
70 posts
12 upvotes
Ok thanks guys. For a couple hundred bucks Id rather just keep them. Theyre too classic to me lol
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel