• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 11:33 pm
16 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
Have you check their contact details ? That address shows a shopping plaza. Looks to be they are using a PO Box ??

Just be careful if you are handing out cash. That's a lot of conditions attached to their service

Perhaps, just take note on whoever is doing the actual plowing service in your neighborhood may be a bit more safe. That's the best advice I can give.
Dec 11, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
No contact phone number, only through email. There are some Google reviews , but like you said, address it showing a shopping plaza. Seems a little suspect.

Thanks for the advice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5805 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
GSelva wrote: No contact phone number, only through email. There are some Google reviews , but like you said, address it showing a shopping plaza. Seems a little suspect.

Thanks for the advice.
Def ask around the neighbors. The more ppl the snow removal guy has contracts with in the area, the more likely he's actually gonna show up when you need him.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
google, homestars, yelp, etc. reviews can be faked
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
I have people on my street who have the SnowPro baton's up. At least so far its legit, since they put these pilons on.
Dec 11, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
Anikiri wrote: I have people on my street who have the SnowPro baton's up. At least so far its legit, since they put these pilons on.
Any chance you would happen to know if they used them last year?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2014
1051 posts
201 upvotes
Ajax
Any snow removal recommendations for Scarborough?
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
GSelva wrote: Any chance you would happen to know if they used them last year?
They didn’t. Also I just got home and Snowpro hasn’t plowed my neighbours yet.
Sep 30, 2004
735 posts
125 upvotes
Markham
Anikiri wrote: They didn’t. Also I just got home and Snowpro hasn’t plowed my neighbours yet.
Snow removal guys won't be out until later tonight. They will usually wait til most of the snow is down. Else they will make many runs.
Sep 30, 2004
735 posts
125 upvotes
Markham
GSelva wrote: Looking for a good snow removal service in Markham. Anyone ever use SnowPro Markham? https://www.snowpromarkham.com/

Any recommendations?
Usually good snow guys are already fully booked now. People start booking them in Sept/October. Some customers that want to ensure they are getting back the same guys would even start contacting them right after summer.

It's best to go for ones that people have used. There are a lot of bad ones out there as others mentioned.
Dec 11, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
saw_mui wrote: Usually good snow guys are already fully booked now. People start booking them in Sept/October. Some customers that want to ensure they are getting back the same guys would even start contacting them right after summer.

It's best to go for ones that people have used. There are a lot of bad ones out there as others mentioned.
Thanks, some really good advice. I did have a chance to drive around the neighbourhood and noticed about 5 houses nearby that have the sign up for markhamsnowpros. Driveways looked cleaned pretty well after the last snowfalls. Might be legit.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21167 upvotes
Toronto
Ok. If contractor is asking you to pay in cash, I say keep on looking for another as that's a mighty big red flag to me. Pay by credit card would be ideal, no matter who you choose.

last advice .... If possible, maybe just ring the door bell of that one house with the same contractor who had done the job and ask question on how quickly he comes to do the job and if there was any issue.
Mar 5, 2006
14 posts
1 upvote
GSelva wrote: Thanks, some really good advice. I did have a chance to drive around the neighbourhood and noticed about 5 houses nearby that have the sign up for markhamsnowpros. Driveways looked cleaned pretty well after the last snowfalls. Might be legit.
Hi, I'm also looking for more info on Snow Pro Markham, have you been able to find out more info about this contractor? Which neighborhood have you seen their signs/batons?
Dec 11, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
bb7chan wrote: Hi, I'm also looking for more info on Snow Pro Markham, have you been able to find out more info about this contractor? Which neighborhood have you seen their signs/batons?
I'll private msg you.
Oct 29, 2020
1 posts
DO NOT HIRE OR USE SNO PRO MARKHAM!!!!!
HE SCAMED ME OUT OF $1590.00 !!!! HE IS A THIEF!!! STAY AWAY FROM HIM AND THAT COMPANY!! PLEASE GO EITH ANYONE OTHER THEN HIM!!!
DO NOT EVER GIVE HIM UOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER HE WILL KEEP CHARGING UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES!!
Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)