Expired Hot Deals

[Always] Snowblower Deal Watch Thread

May 17, 2008
19 posts
1 upvote
Burlington
KRON1K wrote:
Nov 5th, 2008 11:13 am
Did they tell you that it will not be shipped with the Techumseh Snow King, and will come with the Briggs & Stratton engine?
They will have the B&S.
Oct 10, 2008
2 posts
Gatineau
I went to HD Gatineau late last week to inquire about my 927LE purchased during the Sept. promo and I've been told that they are expecting a shipment of approx. 80+ 927LE on Nov. 24, this will apparently conclude their backlog for this particular model.
According to a HD rep. all of the "promo" machine will be equipped with Tecumseh L head engine, smaller dealer will apparently be getting their new supply with the Briggs OHV engine but the price has been increased by $100 so I was told.

Although I have had good luck with my previous Tecumseh L head engine I am somewhat concern of the potential shortage of spare parts in 4-5 years from now.

I have to admit that $899 was a pretty good deal this kind of machine.
Mar 21, 2006
353 posts
1 upvote
I got my $1089 Carftsman 13.5 last night. I'll get it up and running this weekend. Assembly seems pretty straight forward - straighten the handlebars and attach the chute.

cheers
Oct 24, 2008
26 posts
Brantford, ONTARIO
Airens 927 OUT of LUCK
HD called today to say they cannot get it. Now back to the drawing board. I had inquired 3 times since I purchased and PAID for back in October as was promissed it was going to be delivered. That sucks.
They said there are hundreds that will not get them since Airens just cannot meet the demand, but HD had no problem taking our money.
Mar 24, 2008
10 posts
Cambridge, Ontario
This a walk around my Ariens 924DLE "Classic" for 2008. Click the the link below to see my new baby !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOYYKlRSvsI

Im going to start this thing live on cam to see how it fires up as well. Getting anxious for the snow to come.

Cheers
Feb 17, 2005
29 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I also got my Craftsman snowblower last night. I was supposed to get the 14.5 at $1089 (that is what is on my receipt). It was funny that they delivered the 13.5 instead and had no idea where my ordered machine went.

So pretty much after making a couple calls (and a bit of fustration because of the dumb answers I got from Corporate customer service and Delivery) I finally was compensated $135 + tax to keep the machine.

Anyone receive a Craftsman 14.5 for the $1089 deal? I purchased my machine from Sears Promende.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4422 posts
1196 upvotes
A Place to Stand
GMAN66 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 12:33 pm
Airens 927 OUT of LUCK
HD called today to say they cannot get it. Now back to the drawing board. I had inquired 3 times since I purchased and PAID for back in October as was promissed it was going to be delivered. That sucks.
They said there are hundreds that will not get them since Airens just cannot meet the demand, but HD had no problem taking our money.
Did you purchase this during the $899 promo?
Dec 31, 2001
110 posts
Ottawa
Corona Kid wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 1:14 pm
This a walk around my Ariens 924DLE "Classic" for 2008. Click the the link below to see my new baby !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOYYKlRSvsI

Im going to start this thing live on cam to see how it fires up as well. Getting anxious for the snow to come.

Cheers
A little too long on the logo (IMHO), but otherwise a good walk around.

How much more was the 924 over the 624?
Mar 24, 2008
10 posts
Cambridge, Ontario
DieHardware wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 1:39 pm
A little too long on the logo (IMHO), but otherwise a good walk around.

How much more was the 924 over the 624?
The price $1433 at all Ariens Dealers. There are two reasons for the price as compared to the 624:

1. Features - the machine has traction control (no need to bend down and change pin locks on the wheel/or toggle triggers) which senses weight on both wheels. Very easy to turn left or right. 9 hp engine and console controls up front for the chute and snow deflector.

2. Not mass produced - this unit is not "nationally" advertised like other models and its manufactured in limited quantities - hence the price tag.

It was about 300 dollars more than I wanted to spend, however I needed the space to be compact so it would fit beside another car in the garage.
Dec 31, 2001
110 posts
Ottawa
Corona Kid wrote:
Nov 11th, 2008 1:51 pm
The price $1433 at all Ariens Dealers. There are two reasons for the price as compared to the 624:

1. Features - the machine has traction control (no need to bend down and change pin locks on the wheel/or toggle triggers) which senses weight on both wheels. Very easy to turn left or right. 9 hp engine and console controls up front for the chute and snow deflector.

2. Not mass produced - this unit is not "nationally" advertised like other models and its manufactured in limited quantities - hence the price tag.

It was about 300 dollars more than I wanted to spend, however I needed the space to be compact so it would fit beside another car in the garage.
Yeah traction control and the remote deflector are really nice features, but I'm RFD cheap (went for the 5.5HP Craftman 24" for $720).

Lol, its funny though, all the traffic/viewers of this and the other snowblower thread. I don't remember getting this hyped up after buying my chainsaw or lawnmower. :) I guess they are nifty little machines.

May it snow more than last year for all that bought one and twice as much for all that didn't! :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
2203 posts
104 upvotes
Mississauga
whats the current best deal on a $500-800 blower? the threads confusing because its mostly guys who know alot about snowblowers who are speaking about waiting for their blower or happy they got it.

for us new to the thread, and late to the party, what are our best options?
Oct 24, 2008
26 posts
Brantford, ONTARIO
I bought the Airens, that is not going to be delivered now, from HD on Oct. 5 when they had $100 off, plus I got an additional 10% for signing up for a HD credit card. But I was told by the Seasonal Manager that they (the Brantford store) are calling everyone on the wait list to tell them they will NOT be receiving any of the back ordered 927LE's. She offered a CUB cadet as a replacement or my money back. I said I was not interested in the Cub Cadet.
Now that I have to start shopping all over again;
ANY opinions on the SNAPPER?? the local Brantford home and garden, small engine repair carries those SB's but I have no info on them. Does anyone have an opinion on those???
The local Home Hardware has one 28" monster Toro left and that is all they will be getting in for the rest of the season. Beautiful and big but at $1599, slightly out of my desired price range.
I really dont want anything Crappy Tire has, which leaves only Lowes where I am, Boulens, JD (too pricey) and Poulan (if they still have them).
Oct 24, 2008
26 posts
Brantford, ONTARIO
OR, I forgot, good old stand by Craftsman. But I am not all that impressed by their mower which I own. No problems with performance but heavy and hard to manouver.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2008
2463 posts
157 upvotes
outlier617 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2008 8:23 pm
Well, it was that pinkish/purplish/red colour and it smelled more like transmission fluid. . it did not seem like the texture of oil either. . Hard to explain but the guy who does our snowblower tuneups was the one took it out and put the oil in. . and declared it transmission fluid.
You just described the oil in my Ariens 624E. The oil level is also on the low end so I'm going to drain it out completely and fill it up with some brand name stuff. After the engine breaks in I'm switching to synthetic.
× < >