Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Snowblower / Snowthrower Deal Watch thread 2012/2013

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2014 3:17 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1772 posts
484 upvotes
Montreal
Manilablitz1 wrote: Im not sure if its posted already, i passby st. Catherine costco, poulan 27" clearing width with steering control is $200 off, something like $724, thats a good deal if you're in the hunt for a big blower.
hmmm is it this one? on the website, it is $899
http://www.costco.ca/Poulan-PRO%C2%AE-2 ... 02651.html

[IMG]http://images.costco.ca/image/media/350 ... 894__1.jpg[/IMG]
Jan 11, 2007
160 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
It is 749$ in Brossard not 724$. The 24 inch model is 549$. Both are in stock but the small one is not on display.
I was told to come during the week if I want the small one. Took the 27 inch one.
Jan 3, 2009
123 posts
16 upvotes
Looks like we are going to be starting up our blowers in Toronto area on boxing day! Finally!!
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14958 posts
2921 upvotes
Toronto
Carc wrote: Looks like we are going to be starting up our blowers in Toronto area on boxing day! Finally!!
Time to buy some gas.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
Feel like a wuss but I pretty near killed myself in Ottawa yesterday shoveling that snow. Small 2 car laneway but it was making path to crony door back deck and shed that did me in. Might get that snotek.
Feb 5, 2012
502 posts
88 upvotes
GRANBY
BobyYoo wrote: i'm thinking about buying that sears model on the 26th, or either the sno tek at HD.

I forgot to mention that i have a big driveway, about the size of 10cars parking.
do you think one of these blower can do the job?

I'm currently shoveling by hand with my neighbour.
larger is always the best but I think the snowtech is 2 phase so stronger...
Jul 29, 2008
426 posts
43 upvotes
Manilablitz1 wrote: Im not sure if its posted already, i passby st. Catherine costco, poulan 27" clearing width with steering control is $200 off, something like $724, thats a good deal if you're in the hunt for a big blower.
Gah! I so wanted to avoid costco this week! Now I need to decide..pull the trigger?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
4226 posts
3152 upvotes
Markham
For those who have the experience, what do 27" or 30" blowers go for once the season is over?

Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on something, possibly the Costco one now or wait for clearance at the end of the season. I have a blade mounted on a V-Twin yard tractor so I'm can wait if it's worthwhile...

Thanks a lot for any insight on the past trends.
Nov 14, 2003
921 posts
859 upvotes
Montreal
Motomaster fuel stabilizer on sale this week at 60% off. It's $3.19 for the 250ml bottle at CT.
Oct 30, 2005
312 posts
14 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Looks like this has started early - I checked it this morning and it's $699... I ordered one.
canabiz wrote: Sears has a 24" dual stage 249cc Crafstman snowblower on sale starting Dec 26 for $699.99 (regular price $1299.99)

Webcode W-7152124

Man I love my Ariens. It only took 5 minutes to clear a foot high snowbank at the bottom of my driveway whereas it would take me 30 minutes at least, if I were to shovel. Give me the extra time to find other deals ;-)
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1367 posts
631 upvotes
Ontario
int wrote: Motomaster fuel stabilizer on sale this week at 60% off. It's $3.19 for the 250ml bottle at CT.
Just for my own information, do you have to pre-emptively use the fuel stabilizer (ie- before you put away a snowblower/lawnmower away for the season), or can it be used to kick start old fuel at the beginning of a season?

Logic would say that it's only the first scenario, not the second, but I thought I'd ask anyways.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1232 posts
415 upvotes
Burlington
This might be a stupid question but I've never used a snowblower and I'm considering buying the 24" SnowTek at HD. The specs say that the SnowTek can throw snow up to 40', my question is, can you adjust how far the snow gets thrown? There is only a narrow space between my driveway and my neighbours and I don't want to be throwing snow right from my driveway onto theirs. I need to be able to adjust the distance so it lands on the small area between our driveways.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2617 posts
3359 upvotes
Fredericton
saint2e wrote: Just for my own information, do you have to pre-emptively use the fuel stabilizer (ie- before you put away a snowblower/lawnmower away for the season), or can it be used to kick start old fuel at the beginning of a season?

Logic would say that it's only the first scenario, not the second, but I thought I'd ask anyways.
You use stabilizer before you store your equipment, it prevents the gas from going "bad", and clogging fuel lines, etc. Add it to the tank, run your equipment for a minute or so to ensure the stabilizer is in the lines and engine, not just in the tank, and then store your equipment.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
1353 posts
284 upvotes
Phantasm wrote: This might be a stupid question but I've never used a snowblower and I'm considering buying the 24" SnowTek at HD. The specs say that the SnowTek can throw snow up to 40', my question is, can you adjust how far the snow gets thrown? There is only a narrow space between my driveway and my neighbours and I don't want to be throwing snow right from my driveway onto theirs. I need to be able to adjust the distance so it lands on the small area between our driveways.
You can angle the chute down to control the distance. Not often you'll see snow getting blown 40'.
Jul 16, 2003
301 posts
17 upvotes
saint2e wrote: Just for my own information, do you have to pre-emptively use the fuel stabilizer (ie- before you put away a snowblower/lawnmower away for the season), or can it be used to kick start old fuel at the beginning of a season?

Personally I put a few ml of stabilizer every time I fill the 10L canister at the gas station. I store it in my unheated garage and gas will start degrading after so many days in the cold anyway.
Jan 3, 2009
149 posts
76 upvotes
Kanata
No Chinese OHV engine for me...I went with the 249cc Briggs & Stratton motor in the Sears snowblower on sale for $700. Picking it up next Saturday...can't beat the price on that.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1772 posts
484 upvotes
Montreal
For those who are picking up their snowblower, are you picking up with a regular car?

Do you think a 24" or 27" snowblower would fit a hatchback Golf?
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2012
1172 posts
203 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
pretty sure no. we rented HD van for 24" sno tek. was really heavy and difficult when we unloaded at our place. arrange for that b4 u head off, watch your back.
BobyYoo wrote: For those who are picking up their snowblower, are you picking up with a regular car?

plz check, just found tomorrow is free shipping day for HD, no minimum purchase required.
Oct 30, 2005
312 posts
14 upvotes
Victoria, BC
BobyYoo wrote: For those who are picking up their snowblower, are you picking up with a regular car?

Unlikely - minivan or truck imo