Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Costco] Snowblower / Snowthrower Deal Watch thread 2012/2013

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2014 3:17 pm
Tags:
None
Member
May 10, 2006
254 posts
78 upvotes
The sears one shows as $999 for me? Looking for a good deal on a blower :)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2561 posts
1321 upvotes
Markham
canabiz wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 4:53 pm
Sears has a 24" dual stage 249cc Crafstman snowblower on sale starting Dec 26 for $699.99 (regular price $1299.99)

Webcode W-7152124

Man I love my Ariens. It only took 5 minutes to clear a foot high snowbank at the bottom of my driveway whereas it would take me 30 minutes at least, if I were to shovel. Give me the extra time to find other deals ;-)
LxSedan wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 11:19 pm
The sears one shows as $999 for me? Looking for a good deal on a blower :)
.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1621 posts
322 upvotes
Montreal
i'm thinking about buying that sears model on the 26th, or either the sno tek at HD.

I forgot to mention that i have a big driveway, about the size of 10cars parking.
do you think one of these blower can do the job?

I'm currently shoveling by hand with my neighbour.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2561 posts
1321 upvotes
Markham
BobyYoo wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 12:01 am
i'm thinking about buying that sears model on the 26th, or either the sno tek at HD.

I forgot to mention that i have a big driveway, about the size of 10cars parking.
do you think one of these blower can do the job?

I'm currently shoveling by hand with my neighbour.
For bigger driveways it's always best to go with something wider, 27" or 30". With a 30" you will make at least one less pass up/down on a typical two car wide driveway vs. the 24". 27" is a good compromise between size and clearance rate. That said, even 24" will be an improvement over shoveling!
Newbie
Nov 24, 2012
21 posts
8 upvotes
Hamilton
Im not sure if its posted already, i passby st. Catherine costco, poulan 27" clearing width with steering control is $200 off, something like $724, thats a good deal if you're in the hunt for a big blower.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1621 posts
322 upvotes
Montreal
Manilablitz1 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 12:31 am
Im not sure if its posted already, i passby st. Catherine costco, poulan 27" clearing width with steering control is $200 off, something like $724, thats a good deal if you're in the hunt for a big blower.
hmmm is it this one? on the website, it is $899
http://www.costco.ca/Poulan-PRO%C2%AE-2 ... 02651.html

[IMG]http://images.costco.ca/image/media/350 ... 894__1.jpg[/IMG]
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 11, 2007
159 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
BobyYoo wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 10:41 am
hmmm is it this one? on the website, it is $899
http://www.costco.ca/Poulan-PRO%C2%AE-2 ... 02651.html

[IMG]http://images.costco.ca/image/media/350 ... 894__1.jpg[/IMG]
It is 749$ in Brossard not 724$. The 24 inch model is 549$. Both are in stock but the small one is not on display.
I was told to come during the week if I want the small one. Took the 27 inch one.
Jr. Member
Jan 3, 2009
122 posts
16 upvotes
Looks like we are going to be starting up our blowers in Toronto area on boxing day! Finally!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 25, 2004
2254 posts
741 upvotes
Ottawa
Feel like a wuss but I pretty near killed myself in Ottawa yesterday shoveling that snow. Small 2 car laneway but it was making path to crony door back deck and shed that did me in. Might get that snotek.
Member
Feb 5, 2012
497 posts
86 upvotes
GRANBY
BobyYoo wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 12:01 am
i'm thinking about buying that sears model on the 26th, or either the sno tek at HD.

I forgot to mention that i have a big driveway, about the size of 10cars parking.
do you think one of these blower can do the job?

I'm currently shoveling by hand with my neighbour.
larger is always the best but I think the snowtech is 2 phase so stronger...
Member
User avatar
Jul 29, 2008
425 posts
43 upvotes
Manilablitz1 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2012 12:31 am
Im not sure if its posted already, i passby st. Catherine costco, poulan 27" clearing width with steering control is $200 off, something like $724, thats a good deal if you're in the hunt for a big blower.
Gah! I so wanted to avoid costco this week! Now I need to decide..pull the trigger?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2561 posts
1321 upvotes
Markham
For those who have the experience, what do 27" or 30" blowers go for once the season is over?

Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on something, possibly the Costco one now or wait for clearance at the end of the season. I have a blade mounted on a V-Twin yard tractor so I'm can wait if it's worthwhile...

Thanks a lot for any insight on the past trends.
Sr. Member
Nov 14, 2003
570 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal
Motomaster fuel stabilizer on sale this week at 60% off. It's $3.19 for the 250ml bottle at CT.
Member
Oct 30, 2005
312 posts
13 upvotes
Looks like this has started early - I checked it this morning and it's $699... I ordered one.
canabiz wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 4:53 pm
Sears has a 24" dual stage 249cc Crafstman snowblower on sale starting Dec 26 for $699.99 (regular price $1299.99)

Webcode W-7152124

Man I love my Ariens. It only took 5 minutes to clear a foot high snowbank at the bottom of my driveway whereas it would take me 30 minutes at least, if I were to shovel. Give me the extra time to find other deals ;-)

Top