Snowblower/Snowthrower Watch 2019-2020

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2022 8:36 am
Tags:
May 28, 2015
50 posts
30 upvotes
Nepean, ON
Thanks for the post. Can you pull out this snowblower Toro e21 without taking out one of the car?
Feb 14, 2019
16 posts
5 upvotes
Jplive4adeal wrote: Thanks for the post. Can you pull out this snowblower Toro e21 without taking out one of the car?
I think this is dependent on your garage dimensions. To answer your question, yes I can roll it out of the garage without taking out either car. This is probably due to the length of my garage, so you'll have to measure yours. My garage length is 18ft.
May 28, 2015
50 posts
30 upvotes
Nepean, ON
I assume u are saying width of garage is 18 ft ?

(In order to push snow blower outside from inside wall of garage, push through between two cars while both cars parked inside?)

Mine is 17.4 x 20ft . Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4475 posts
811 upvotes
Looks like there are no deals for any snow blowers...
Feb 4, 2010
38 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
FreeSpinnz wrote: The 24" Brigg and Stratton is on clearance for 699 and the 20% off SAVEBIG20 coupon can be stacked making it 632 taxes in

https://www.lowes.ca/product/gas-snow-b ... wer-853214
I totally missed the 20% off stackable coupon. I'd like to buy this today, are there any other stackable promos that you know of?

Wondering if I could maybe get somewhere else to price match to get an additional 10% off for example. Thanks!
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
l69norm wrote: Haven't seen this one posted before.

There was a recall in 2006 for certain MTD built 2 stage blowers using tires with plastic rims. If the tires are refilled at cold temperatures, the plastic rims have been known to crack and explode spraying sharp shrapnel everywhere. MTD sends free steel replacement wheels. Apparently, a lot of machines where never fixed and injuries are still occurring on a regular basis years later. It's something to watch out for when purchasing a used machine

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2006/mtd-s ... jure-users
Oddly enough, Health Canada just issued a recall yesterday.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/business/15-000- ... -1.4747876

https://healthycanadians.gc.ca/recall-a ... 3r-eng.php

Hazard identified
If the snow thrower's tires are over-inflated, the plastic wheel rims can burst, posing a risk of lacerations and fractures.

As of December 17, 2019, the company has received 36 reports of injuries in Canada.

Number sold
Approximately 15,020 units of the affected product were sold in Canada.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1262 posts
73 upvotes
rooj0103 wrote: If you ever need more evidence of how powerful the e21 is (don't take my word for it, but I'm in love with mine)- there are a few more videos on YouTube if you search Toro e21. Plenty other people have given it the run through through thicker snowfall.

I store mines in the garage, it's a two car, and since the handles fold down I can keep it in there and still have space to walk around the cars. Photo below.
Are you still recommending this blower? Have you use it with yesterday's snow fall? How is it with the snow that the city dumps?
Feb 14, 2019
16 posts
5 upvotes
Used it two days in a row. As someone that can afford both either a gas power or battery powered, I'm glad I went with the battery option.

I do recommend it if you can afford it. Very powerful for the size. There's plenty of videos on YouTube already, some even new ones that confirm my recommendation.

It can throw far. I've had to angle the chute down since it throws snow onto my neighbor's driveway.

How much snow can it throw? At 6" it throws it easily. I haven't had much more than 6" on the driveway since I went out (excitedly of course) to use the machine as much as I could. I live in Toronto area, for comparison sake. So I went out once on Saturday afternoon, and then once more this Sunday morning .

When you have the mound of snow at the end of your driveway after the plow comes through, you just need to take your time and let the machine do the work. When I say that, I don't mean it's super slow, don't just go expecting to ram it at running speed. You need to walk your machine into the mound, that's all .

Again, I'm not opposed to gas. Gas blowers are powerful, sure. But for a two lane driveway, that's roughly 50ft long, it does the job on one battery with half of it to spare after using the non-eco mode. It's like, the right tool for the job. You wouldn't go using a Hilti hammer drill for screwing drywall to stud. This machine does the job, quietly at that.
Feb 14, 2019
16 posts
5 upvotes
In addition to my post earlier, here's a .gif of the action:

Toro e21 winter January 2020 https://imgur.com/gallery/xT0Vq3v

13 mins to clear double driveway (would have been shorter since I had to clear walkway).
This is 50ft long, double driveway wide. Roughly 6" or higher with the end of driveway mound.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Son of a... I thought I was going to make it through one more season with my old giant second hand Craftsman snowblower... But this morning the auger stopped working. I'd say there's been probably at least two Winters wear it stopped throwing nearly as far as that used to, and yesterday afternoon when I did the first round of clearing the snow it was struggling. This morning the auger stopped entirely. Anybody see anything decent on sale lately?
Jan 18, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for posting this, I was able to do the price match today got the same toro 39901 battery snowblower for 714 plus tax I got the extra 50 dollars off cause I signed up for the HD credit card and get 18 months to pay it off interest free
Jan 12, 2020
32 posts
14 upvotes
BenC38969 wrote: Thanks for posting this, I was able to do the price match today got the same toro 39901 battery snowblower for 714 plus tax I got the extra 50 dollars off cause I signed up for the HD credit card and get 18 months to pay it off interest free
Which deal did you get price matched?
Jan 2, 2011
533 posts
398 upvotes
BenC38969 wrote: Thanks for posting this, I was able to do the price match today got the same toro 39901 battery snowblower for 714 plus tax I got the extra 50 dollars off cause I signed up for the HD credit card and get 18 months to pay it off interest free
Would you mind sharing how you got this? Thx
Jan 18, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
SmoothMcGee wrote: Just bought the new battery-powered 21" Toro Power Curve at Home Depot and SAVED OVER $200!!!

Home Depot $998.00 listing... https://www.homedepot.ca/product/toro-2 ... 5164511167

Kooy Bros. (Toronto) $849.99 SALE ... https://kooybros.com/toro-39901-21-powe ... snowblower.

Home Depot manager was shocked at the savings and couldn't believe it! Price match $849 + 10% price match guarantee = $764.10 (plus tax). GO OUT AND GET ONE NOW!!

Was about to purchase the EGO line based on all the reviews but have always trusted Toro products in the past. I'm also 6ft tall and the EGO bar height felt really low when holding it. Plus the Toro has steel blades, not rubber.
Thanks for posting this, I was able to do the price match today got the same toro 39901 battery snowblower for 714 plus tax I got the extra 50 dollars off cause I signed up for the HD credit card and get 18 months to pay it off interest free
Jan 18, 2020
4 posts
1 upvote
learsid wrote: Would you mind sharing how you got this? Thx

Kooy brothers has the toro 39901 60 v battery powered snowblower on their site on sale for 850 I price matched at homedepot and they beat by 10 percent . Home depot was regularly 999 but with the price match and beat by 10 percent came out to 764 I then signed up for home depot credit card which gave me another 50 dollars off so the price I got was 714 plus tax and get 18 months to pay it off interest free by using the home depot credit card
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
2623 posts
3724 upvotes
GTA
wearysky wrote: Son of a... I thought I was going to make it through one more season with my old giant second hand Craftsman snowblower... But this morning the auger stopped working. I'd say there's been probably at least two Winters wear it stopped throwing nearly as far as that used to, and yesterday afternoon when I did the first round of clearing the snow it was struggling. This morning the auger stopped entirely. Anybody see anything decent on sale lately?
Sounds like a slipping belt. If it is that, it is a simple and cheap fix.
Jan 12, 2020
32 posts
14 upvotes
BenC38969 wrote: Kooy brothers has the toro 39901 60 v battery powered snowblower on their site on sale for 850 I price matched at homedepot and they beat by 10 percent . Home depot was regularly 999 but with the price match and beat by 10 percent came out to 764 I then signed up for home depot credit card which gave me another 50 dollars off so the price I got was 714 plus tax and get 18 months to pay it off interest free by using the home depot credit card
Dammit kooy brothers say its sold out doubt hd will price match now.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)