Toronto
How can a train keep running without track maintenance

Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Bump.

Just saw episode 1, can't believe they made a tv series out of a mediocre and nonsensical (overrated) movie. So many things don't make sense, really dislike movies (and now this series) that go for gimmicks and don't even have plausible reasons for them, so it really is just for the 'wow' factor only.

Also, man, JC got old.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Maybe I'm just starved for new content but I thought the first episode was alright. JC still looks good.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2016
1731 posts
1779 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: Bump.

Just saw episode 1, can't believe they made a tv series out of a mediocre and nonsensical (overrated) movie. So many things don't make sense, really dislike movies (and now this series) that go for gimmicks and don't even have plausible reasons for them, so it really is just for the 'wow' factor only.

Also, man, JC got old.
Yeah, I'm with you on this one. The movie was pretty silly, nothing special. So many things didn't make sense. Not sure why they decided to make a tv series out of it. Watched the pilot last night. It was pretty average. May check out the rest of it gets interesting.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
8501 posts
1053 upvotes
Occupied Ottawa
Hindenburg1 wrote: Yeah, I'm with you on this one. The movie was pretty silly, nothing special. So many things didn't make sense. Not sure why they decided to make a tv series out of it. Watched the pilot last night. It was pretty average. May check out the rest of it gets interesting.
The premiere looks good. I don't know how I feel about "prequel" series though, especially since we know how things will eventually turn out. Of course, it could be argued as a reimagining, which would explain certain things (such as the inconsistency in who Mr. Wilfred is).
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
I must admit, I almost gave up after the first 4 or so episodes. But I stuck through it and it really picked up all the way to the season finale this week, and it became a must watch for my wife and I every Monday. Really looking forward to season 2.

My main complaint with the show is with the lead actor. His facial expressions are so robotic, he's the weakest part about this show.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
sharpshooter88 wrote: I must admit, I almost gave up after the first 4 or so episodes. But I stuck through it and it really picked up all the way to the season finale this week, and it became a must watch for my wife and I every Monday. Really looking forward to season 2.

My main complaint with the show is with the lead actor. His facial expressions are so robotic, he's the weakest part about this show.
Apparently he was one of the main cast in Broadway's Hamilton. When I watched it on Disney plus the other day, I saw him. Didn't figure him as a singer.

Anyways... Show is sketchy IMO. The entire frozen apocalypse on a train that cannot stop seems kind of not believable. That season finale was kind of stupid with the other train pirating their train. My eyes rolled when it pulled up to the back of Snowpiercer from a separate track and that front engine did that Transformer thing so it could couple to the back of Snowpiercer..... I mean, for F sake... So where exactly is the engine then? Both my wife and I called BS at that point.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
chimaican wrote: Apparently he was one of the main cast in Broadway's Hamilton. When I watched it on Disney plus the other day, I saw him. Didn't figure him as a singer.

Anyways... Show is sketchy IMO. The entire frozen apocalypse on a train that cannot stop seems kind of not believable. That season finale was kind of stupid with the other train pirating their train. My eyes rolled when it pulled up to the back of Snowpiercer from a separate track and that front engine did that Transformer thing so it could couple to the back of Snowpiercer..... I mean, for F sake... So where exactly is the engine then? Both my wife and I called BS at that point.
Haha totally, some aspects of the show is sketchy AF. Like how some trains are ridiculously bigger than others even though on the outside they all look the same.

The show really grew on me. And after finding out who's playing Mr.Wilford, it sold me on season 2.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
19240 posts
17869 upvotes
GTA, ON
sharpshooter88 wrote: Haha totally, some aspects of the show is sketchy AF. Like how some trains are ridiculously bigger than others even though on the outside they all look the same.
Obviously I stuck through it, but even from the 2nd or 3rd episode (or maybe it was the series opener) when Melanie said "every one else went into bunkers" like they were stupid and somehow this train was the savior, I was like, "whaaaaat?" Lol.

I figured an underground bunker system powered by a nuclear reactor would be a safer bet.

How the train hasn't derailed yet from a frozen section, or inability to plow through heavy snow/ice or avalanche is a mystery. Lol

Thankfully it's the story backdrop.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
Everyone I know agrees that this show is super trashy, and yet most people also stuck with it anyway just because the concept is interesting. I also really liked Daveed Diggs on Hamilton as well as Jennifer Connoly... but if not for them and for how much I liked the original movie, I don't know if I'd have continued.

One thing that really bothered me that's not even consequential to the story - why does Andre never wash the blood from his face?!?! I mean, in the final couple episodes, Melanie has like 3 costume changes, but Layton is still running around with dried blood all over his head. Face With Tears Of Joy
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3195 posts
1127 upvotes
Just finished the 10 episode season 2. Stories are mostly silly but Connolly and Bean make this show a decent watch. I really, really hope that character didn't really die at the end of the finale. Seems like such a waste to die off screen like that.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 21, 2013
5897 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto
sharpshooter88 wrote: Just finished the 10 episode season 2. Stories are mostly silly but Connolly and Bean make this show a decent watch. I really, really hope that character didn't really die at the end of the finale. Seems like such a waste to die off screen like that.
Yeah that was a very disappointing 2nd half to the season in general, capped off with an off screen death that felt rushed. I wonder if COVID had anything to do with that, or there's more to the story... I surely hope that's not the last we see of that character.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
Just watched the first three episodes of S3.
Should have definitely watched a recap for how s2 ended, as it did take me awhile to acclimatise and remember things.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8297 upvotes
Toronto
https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a425 ... elled-why/

The bizarroness of WB continues.
S4 has been filmed, but TNT will not broadcast.
S4 is in limbo....
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)