[Snuggle Bugz] 2016 Diono Rainier Car Seat $299

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2017 9:23 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
355 posts
135 upvotes

[Snuggle Bugz] 2016 Diono Rainier Car Seat $299

The 2016 Rainier In Shadow - Limited Time - Discontinued Fashion is back on sale for $299.99. The 2017 versions are selling for 365.47 (the difference between 2016 and 2017 I believe are just the colours available).

http://www.snugglebugz.ca/2016-rainier- ... shion.html

This item is a final sale! We do not offer returns or exchanges on this item.
This item is for a limited time as it is a discontinued fashion

Great car seat, feels sturdy, we own one and bought an extra one to put in grandparent's car.

This was on sale for the same price back in May - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/snuggle ... y-2102598/

Recommend the Diono Angle Adjuster with this to increase leg room for front passenger ($12.74) - https://www.amazon.ca/Diono-Radian-Angl ... e+adjuster
Last edited by t-dot. on Aug 11th, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
18 replies
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1395 posts
162 upvotes
Fredericton
The angle adjuster is a must-have for these. Well worth it.
Sep 23, 2009
936 posts
456 upvotes
Bought this last time, surprisingly the expiry date is pretty good, even later than the regular rainier we bought by a couple months!
t-dot. wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 12:55 pm
Recommend the Diono Angle Adjuster with this to increase leg room for front passenger ($12.74) - https://www.amazon.ca/Diono-Radian-Angl ... e+adjuster
I could have really used this... but now that I've installed 2 of these things I don't want to re-install it just to adjust the leg room... installing with the UAS was quite a pain to get it tight, so I doubled down with the seatbelt loop to add stability. If you have a small sedan (e.g. Civic) like me than you'll definitely want to get it. My passenger seat is pretty much all the way up, and even my wife who is petite and not too tall doesn't feel comfortable in the passenger side.
RFD: Pick any two.
  • In stock
  • Low Price
  • Quality Product
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
1056 posts
134 upvotes
smuPoker wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:19 pm
The angle adjuster is a must-have for these. Well worth it.
How old is your child? Mine is 14 mths, and i find that with the angle adjuster, even though my kid can support his head, while he's sleeping though, his head dangles forward, and I am always afraid he'll hurt his neck if I have to brake hard.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8669 posts
567 upvotes
JL2002 wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:40 pm
How old is your child? Mine is 14 mths, and i find that with the angle adjuster, even though my kid can support his head, while he's sleeping though, his head dangles forward, and I am always afraid he'll hurt his neck if I have to brake hard.
Is the "infant" foam thingie still inside ur seat? I feel it's ok for us, no dangly head lol. Maybe our vehicle seat is more sloped though...
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Aug 10, 2004
391 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
we have the rainier and the angle adjuster... anyone else find that the car seat is VERY tall.. or seems tall? it's hard to see through the rear view mirror.. and it's almost impossible to back into a spot now... we have it installed in the middle - installing it behind the passenger side blocks out most of that window creating a huge blind spot on the right side.
Apr 25, 2005
600 posts
127 upvotes
If anyone in Ottawa is looking, pm me. Got in on a better deal last time but ended up with a booster instead.
May 21, 2012
106 posts
65 upvotes
Burlington
Idlehands wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:29 pm
Bought this last time, surprisingly the expiry date is pretty good, even later than the regular rainier we bought by a couple months!

I could have really used this... but now that I've installed 2 of these things I don't want to re-install it just to adjust the leg room... installing with the UAS was quite a pain to get it tight, so I doubled down with the seatbelt loop to add stability. If you have a small sedan (e.g. Civic) like me than you'll definitely want to get it. My passenger seat is pretty much all the way up, and even my wife who is petite and not too tall doesn't feel comfortable in the passenger side.
This seat should be installed with UAS OR seatbelt but not both. I've installed a Radian in a 2009 Civic and it installed quite well. If you are having trouble, you might want to meet with a car seat tech (CPST): https://canadiancarseatnetwork.com/find-a-tech/
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1024 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
Have 3 Diono seats in 3 differing vehicles, the Angle adjuster helps a lot even I'm only 5'-9" when driving the Honda Odyssey.

This seat wouldn't work without angle adjuster in a Honda fit, unless I have 10 year old legs.

This seat is much heavier and narrow-er than my other recaro high back booster
Nov 15, 2005
160 posts
75 upvotes
Do you mind sharing what your seat's manufacturer date was? I wonder if it's made in 2016 since it's a 2016 color.
Idlehands wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 1:29 pm

May 11, 2017
1 posts
Good question ... Does anyone have an idea whats the manufacturing date is?
I don't need this for another few months so i'm not sure if I should wait for the Black Friday / Monday deals.
Sep 27, 2004
741 posts
39 upvotes
Mississauga
Nashi wrote:
Aug 12th, 2017 1:04 am
Do you mind sharing what your seat's manufacturer date was? I wonder if it's made in 2016 since it's a 2016 color.
I ordered two last time they had this promo (in May) and both have an April 2017 manufacture date.