Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Diono Rainier 299.99$ - Free shipping (May 30 only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2016 5:05 pm
Nov 30, 2009
305 posts
123 upvotes
Québec

Diono Rainier 299.99$ - Free shipping (May 30 only)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
25%
Expiry:
May 31, 2016
Diono Rainier is 25% off now, Today only! Following Diono Radian RXT sale.

UPDATE: only Graphite and Black Houndstooth are in stock, Shadow is OOS

This is the updated Diono Radian RXT which was 284,99$ the last two day.
Regular price is 399,99$, now its 299,99$!
In Quebec, only 5% tax, final price ~315$ free shipping. Its way cheaper than Amazon!
how does the Rainier stack up next to the Radian RXT? If you look at the bottoms of the seats, they look the same. The harness slots measure the same and the width inside at the shoulders is about the same. The differences start with the upper shell, where the Rainier slopes outward and forward as it gets taller, providing more torso and head protection. The Rainier is wider at the top by about an inch. That’s it, but it can make a difference if you have a tight 3-across in your small back seat.
http://carseatblog.com/29939/diono-rain ... le-lineup/
http://www.thecarcrashdetective.com/201 ... view.html/

So a better quality seat for about 15$ more than last Diono Radian RXT sale!

All accessories from Diono work as usual.
Images
45 replies
Nov 22, 2005
324 posts
23 upvotes
Cancelled my rxt order. The extra 2 years on the expiry is easily worth it.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
In the pic they show a girl sitting rear facing (seem like they are promotIng extended rear facing) but her legs seem cramped.. is this really safer in an accident?

Genuinely curious about extending rear facing.
Feb 23, 2008
242 posts
230 upvotes
Batmaster wrote: Cancelled my rxt order. The extra 2 years on the expiry is easily worth it.
Same here... Cancelled the red rxt and ordered the grey one becoz of the 2 yrs... really wanted the red color for my daughter tho... = P
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4249 posts
825 upvotes
Pickering, ON
That's why I held out on the RXT, their flyer showed this was going to be on sale today.

Just ordered 2 shadows for grandparents' cars.
Nov 30, 2009
305 posts
123 upvotes
Québec
Batmaster wrote: Cancelled my rxt order. The extra 2 years on the expiry is easily worth it.
The 2 years extra give 12 years usable life but harness lifespan is still 8 years

keyser-soze wrote: In the pic they show a girl sitting rear facing (seem like they are promotIng extended rear facing) but her legs seem cramped.. is this really safer in an accident?

She doesn't look comfy at all, but in sweden, its recommended utill 4.
As doctors say, "we can fix arms and legs – we can't fix head and neck". At this stage all children have weak neck muscles and a fragile skeleton. Head of a child is also proportionally very large, around 25% of total weight for a 12 month old. This makes forward facing a bad choice before age 4.
http://www.carseat.se/the-swedish-rear- ... -approach/
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2013
1036 posts
573 upvotes
Angus, ON
Should be 5% tax in most every province. Just not Que. It is a infant/toddler item.
Nov 30, 2009
305 posts
123 upvotes
Québec
gmoney506 wrote: Should be 5% tax in most every province. Just not Que. It is a infant/toddler item.
Current price on Amazon is 339.99 and they charge both tax.

Order Summary
Items: CDN$ 339.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Total before tax: CDN$ 339.99
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 17.00
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 33.91
Order Total: CDN$ 390.90
May 21, 2012
334 posts
280 upvotes
Burlington
keyser-soze wrote: In the pic they show a girl sitting rear facing (seem like they are promotIng extended rear facing) but her legs seem cramped.. is this really safer in an accident?

Here is a Canadian article about rear-facing, and it does have a paragraph addressing leg room. Extended rear facing protects the head, neck and spine, since a child has a large head (relative to their bodies) and the bones of the spine are not as developed as in an adult. When forward facing, in a frontal crash, the child's legs are thrown forward and could collide with the seat in front of them. And day-to-day, many forward facing children complain because their legs are hanging with no support (since their legs don't reach the floor). My five year is forward facing, and often complains about her foot falling asleep, but my rear facing three year old never has that problem.
May 21, 2012
334 posts
280 upvotes
Burlington
Before purchasing a Diono seat, I would suggest trying the install (particularly forward facing with the seat belt) to ensure the seat is compatible with your vehicle. (This is true of any car seat, but forward facing Dionos are often incompatible with seat belt installs.)
Aug 10, 2010
456 posts
250 upvotes
any colour recommendations? is it like the RXT where it's different fabric for different colours?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
muskrat191 wrote: forward facing Dionos are often incompatible with seat belt installs.)
really? my car is a 2000 and doesnt have LATCH, so it may not even work??
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4169 posts
6806 upvotes
Langley, BC
slay3r85 wrote: Diono Rainier is 25% off now, Today only!
"Today only" but it expires on May 31st?
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4249 posts
825 upvotes
Pickering, ON
steven80 wrote: "Today only" but it expires on May 31st?
Expires at May 31 12:00AM for all we know.

They still say today only.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
Anyone know if this model comes with the angle adjuster?
May 21, 2012
334 posts
280 upvotes
Burlington
steven80 wrote: really? my car is a 2000 and doesnt have LATCH, so it may not even work??
It is possible, although in an older car it is more likely to be compatible. Vehicles with seat belts where the buckle is fixed (ie. not on flexible webbing) and oriented forward, or connected to the car forward of the seat bight (where the seat back and seat bottom meet) are most likely to be incompatible with a forward facing Diono seat.

Not all child car seats work in all vehicles. It is becoming more common to have forward leaning headrests in vehicles, and they can be a problem with many forward facing car seats.
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2008
1206 posts
392 upvotes
muskrat191 wrote: It is possible, although in an older car it is more likely to be compatible. Vehicles with seat belts where the buckle is fixed (ie. not on flexible webbing) and oriented forward, or connected to the car forward of the seat bight (where the seat back and seat bottom meet) are most likely to be incompatible with a forward facing Diono seat.

Not all child car seats work in all vehicles. It is becoming more common to have forward leaning headrests in vehicles, and they can be a problem with many forward facing car seats.
Aren't those head rests removable?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)