• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2012 1:27 pm
Sep 3, 2012
16 posts
Ottawa

So...

Hey guys! I have a situation here that I don't know how to go about. Sometime last year (or possibly in 2010) I rented a couple of movies from Rogers Plus, and it turns out that I never returned these movies. Around February, I got a letter from I believe, Rogers or a collection agency saying that I owe 20-something dollars for these movies. Now this is where I'm stuck, I don't know if I should go ahead and pay this 20-something dollars back or if I should just leave it. Thing is, I've read how if you pay back what you owe to a collection agency or to the company that you owe, your ruined credit history is restarted and is ruined for another for seven years, but if you let it ride off, it won't make a difference for whatever remaining years you have left... So, what should I do?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2012
1785 posts
693 upvotes
Um... I don't think this kind of thing counts as an outstanding loan payment. Just pay the thing, it shouldn't end up on your credit report at all
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2009
1568 posts
154 upvotes
The first thing you should do is contact a mod and have them put a proper title on this thread. Seriously, what the hell man. Is this your first day on the internet or something?

Do that, then we'll talk.
Banned
Feb 15, 2008
26318 posts
3242 upvotes
Calgary
Pay Rogers or their agent back whatever you owe + the fees and penalties you agreed to. Your post indicates that you legitimately entered into a contract with them, and didn't pay up. Hopefully you won't repeat the mistake (of not paying, or of dealing with Rogers in the first place) in the future.

If you don't pay them, of course, they will throw the item on your credit report, if they haven't done so already. Of course, if its just a $100 debt, and you try to get another loan -- the loans officer will just laugh at how obtuse the folks at Rogers were. In other words, don't expect it to have any impact on your ability to obtain credit.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2009
1009 posts
65 upvotes
Rhaegar wrote: Um... I don't think this kind of thing counts as an outstanding loan payment. Just pay the thing, it shouldn't end up on your credit report at all
If its an unpaid Rogers bill you can bet its on his credit report
Being broke is childish and I'm quite grown

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)