Cell Phones

So did Rogers create a new tier, Ultra for the new iPhone?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 16th, 2018 7:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17210 posts
1509 upvotes
Woodbridge

So did Rogers create a new tier, Ultra for the new iPhone?

I was just browsing Rogers and saw the new tier. Amazing.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
10 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20387 posts
9239 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Probably.

Coming in September 2022:

Super Duper Mega Ultra Premium Tier for iPhone XIIs

Share Everything plan with 1GB data plus BONUS 1gb

Only $249.99/month

iPhones starting at only $2499.99
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Sep 5, 2012
432 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
it's like a new car lease for phones, pretty soon its going to be over 72 month lease
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11314 posts
1406 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
bembol wrote:
Sep 14th, 2018 5:13 pm
I was just browsing Rogers and saw the new tier. Amazing.
DONT GO FOR IT. A RIP-OFF!! Bait and switch. Robbers is trying to capitalize on the XS line. They did the same shit last yr by introducing the premium+ version. For example I was looking at my loyalty offers on MyRobbers. The day of the keynote Sept 12, I saw the X 256 going for premium+, $399 upfront. The day after, the same exact $399 upfront but the more expensive Ultra. Pathetic. As said they did this last yr with premium+. Didnt work long. After coupla months, sales werent meeting expectations and slowly the premium prices came back. The breakeven is between 10-12mos which means robbers start profiting thereafter till end of 24 mos. Just pay the extra $200 plus upfront cost or whatever and stay on your existing plan.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2470 posts
178 upvotes
Markham
It's an arm race between the phone makers and service providers. Who can charge the most, win!!!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17210 posts
1509 upvotes
Woodbridge
I kept my word, sorta. LOL

I did not buy last year's and unless I win the lottery I will not buy any phone over $1,000.

I said sorta because technically I didn't with the SAMSUNG Galaxy S9+ and Note 9 with the trade-in and pre-order bonus.

I admit I love to but every within 4-6 months unlike my boys who take at least 2 years. That's why two spent the money on the XS.

I'm happy with my Premium, of course it could be better but I've gotten great deals by calling in.

I just find it amazing how many are willing to pay this much for the new iPhone, signing ridiculous contracts.

I know I say it's business but these two need to show some love in this case mercy. LOL

I give props to SAMSUNG for doing so.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Aug 18, 2018
602 posts
341 upvotes
SFO <==> YYZ
bembol wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 10:28 am
I kept my word, sorta. LOL

I did not buy last year's and unless I win the lottery I will not buy any phone over $1,000.

I said sorta because technically I didn't with the SAMSUNG Galaxy S9+ and Note 9 with the trade-in and pre-order bonus.

I admit I love to but every within 4-6 months unlike my boys who take at least 2 years. That's why two spent the money on the XS.

I'm happy with my Premium, of course it could be better but I've gotten great deals by calling in.

I just find it amazing how many are willing to pay this much for the new iPhone, signing ridiculous contracts.

I know I say it's business but these two need to show some love in this case mercy. LOL

I give props to SAMSUNG for doing so.
It's a for-profit business. Why show any mercy when people will pay whatever you want them to just to have the latest and greatest? Gotta keep those margins high man, yachts and private jets ain't gonna pay for themselves!
GV/Hangouts
T-Mobile $10/2GB Simple Choice
Mint Mobile 3 months for $20, 5GB/month BF promo
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17210 posts
1509 upvotes
Woodbridge
How are the sales of the X last year. Apple is really smart, introducing an "affordable" iPhone, XR. LOL

I'm not entirely talking about pricing but this whole 64GB entry level is vexing. Smart*** move and really shows how greedy they are.

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20387 posts
9239 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
arkane wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 3:38 pm
Gotta keep those margins high man, yachts and private jets ain't gonna pay for themselves!
Word up!
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Aug 18, 2018
602 posts
341 upvotes
SFO <==> YYZ
bembol wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 6:15 pm
How are the sales of the X last year. Apple is really smart, introducing an "affordable" iPhone, XR. LOL

I'm not entirely talking about pricing but this whole 64GB entry level is vexing. Smart*** move and really shows how greedy they are.
Actually the really smart move is not including an SD slot so you're forced to pay the Crapple premium for extra storage. Otherwise everyone would just buy the 64GB base model and slap in a cheap micro SD.
GV/Hangouts
T-Mobile $10/2GB Simple Choice
Mint Mobile 3 months for $20, 5GB/month BF promo

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)