• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 12:09 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3135 posts
1308 upvotes
SmartElectric wrote: LOL. Really? Our Tesla has the lowest depreciation compared to it's competition.
https://cleantechnica.com/2018/12/12/te ... mpetitors/
For example, a recent one nonetheless

IIRC Tesla lost over $120m in Q1 because of est. lower realized value of used inventory and others. The problem is the lower the price they offer to current owners, the less willing they're to trade in, it's a vicious cycle.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1451 posts
811 upvotes
Torontario
Is is possible for us to have a simple firewall discussion rule for this thread? Let's discuss the TSLA as stock as company and as investment, to abstain from accolades or dissing on the product.

Guilty as charged on my previous replies and certainly product-service strategy around key initiative connects to the corporate performance.... but I am tired of fighting the following argument like:

Me: Tesla business model is under duress and their accounting is shitty
Fan squad: But Tesla cars are so great!!! The only car electric that can do 600km !

Me: Tesla CEO behaviors and lack of coherency and morally un-sustainable and risk to TESLA as a company
Fan squad: But we are part of great revolution technology and Elon is bleeding edge executive that I can fall on a knife for him.

Me: Tesla financials make no sense as performance and capital problem problem is obvious -- TESLA cannot afford the future they so widely committed to
Fan squad: M3! M3! M3! Model Y, some illusionary truck! redone Model S and X (when and if)... hip-hip to the Tesla leaf-blower!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
brunes wrote: Riddle me this, who on earth is going to buy a Model S in Q1 when a significant model refresh was KNOWN to be coming in Q2? No one, thats who.

The only people that -45% would be a shock to are those who do not actually follow what is happening in the marketplace.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but Tesla upgrades their model pretty frequently.
It was a shock to Tesla management by the way so not sure what you are trying to point out.
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5882 posts
7460 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Bb0231 wrote: DIP financing?? :)
Watch it be a crypto ICO for a coin that you can use on the robotaxi fleet.
Buy right, hold tight. Keep calm and go long.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5882 posts
7460 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
kevdanga wrote:
She bought while the CTO (J.B. Straubel) was exercising his options and selling 5% of his holdings at $231. Who knows more about the technology of the company?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
2028 posts
1013 upvotes
Houston, TX
https://www.google.com/amp/s/electrek.c ... ntive/amp/
automaker has now launched a new and cheaper Model 3 with a software-locked range of just 150 km (93 miles) in Canada to get access to the discount.
Really? 90 miles? 5y old Leaf for 15k can do better, nor 45k car...
Ok, everyone knows Tesla would not really sell those cars (as nobody in their minds would buy it) it's just an exploit if libs straw grasp for votes used by company that trying everything just to review the sales

90 miles range Tesla, what a shame...
Make the face great again
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3135 posts
1308 upvotes

From BBG
While Musk noted in his April 24 letter to shareholders that Tesla sold $15.4 million in zero-emission vehicle, or ZEV, regulatory credits in the first quarter, the company didn’t notify investors of $200.6 million in non-ZEV credit sales until posting its 10-Q filing Monday.

When taking the non-ZEV credit sales into account, Tesla’s fundamental automotive margins were “worse than first believed,” Toni Sacconaghi, a Bernstein analyst, wrote in a report Tuesday. “We are disappointed at Tesla’s decision to not report or discuss non-ZEV credits explicitly on last week’s earnings call, given their material impact on this quarter’s automotive gross
margins,” Sacconaghi said.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
asa1973 wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/electrek.c ... ntive/amp/

Ok, everyone knows Tesla would not really sell those cars (as nobody in their minds would buy it) it's just an exploit if libs straw grasp for votes used by company that trying everything just to review the sales

They are desesperate for sales lol.
Tesla is the only company in the world who reduces price while having a lot of demand.

I will never get this quote from Elon Musk: "There is a lot of demand for Model 3.... people just cannot afford them"
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
Waiting for the 100km AWD model to be eligible for the $5k Fed incentive and I may just bite.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
Elon Musk may buy $10 million of Tesla stock in new offering

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/elon-mu ... ering.html?

Tesla said in a filing on Thursday that it would raise up to $2 billion, with $650 million coming in the form of new equity and $1.35 billion in convertible notes.

Update: 5.30/25 up about $2.00 on this news.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
3203 posts
477 upvotes
Markham
asa1973 wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/electrek.c ... ntive/amp/

She got the Model 3 because of the cool factor and the 400 km range.

Good luck with your range anxiety and stress level in middle of Canadian winter. And don't plan to go any place too far from your house.

My wife drives Model 3 to work and back total 30 km. That's 15 minutes one way without traffic. That's about 20 miles. Stuck in traffic, now it's equivalent to 30 miles. That's under ideal driving condition. Heat, radio, etc and that 90 miles range doesn't look too good.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2013
6479 posts
3344 upvotes
Kingston, ON
If they were just going to end up doing another equity round anyway, they should have done it when shares were $100 higher and just taken the dilution hit then. Gonna have to issue a lot more shares now just to raise the same capital.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8452 posts
3627 upvotes
Mike15 wrote: If they were just going to end up doing another equity round anyway, they should have done it when shares were $100 higher and just taken the dilution hit then. Gonna have to issue a lot more shares now just to raise the same capital.
What if no suitor wants to buy those shares $100 higher? Hence, maybe why it never happened? who knows.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58648 posts
24637 upvotes
EM said he is betting on a $360b USD market cap. Why dilute at $360 when he could do it at $3,600?
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
2028 posts
1013 upvotes
Houston, TX
Who's car is it? Tesla. Who's Tesla? Tesla is dead, baby, Tesla is dead (c) EV fiction

Zombie company, we know some...
Make the face great again
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5882 posts
7460 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Mike15 wrote: If they were just going to end up doing another equity round anyway, they should have done it when shares were $100 higher and just taken the dilution hit then. Gonna have to issue a lot more shares now just to raise the same capital.
Yet another indication that the leadership of the company is sub-optimal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)