• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 6:10 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13046 posts
11386 upvotes
I just can't wait to see it split to $420 a share lol.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
6116 posts
4613 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Sold my shares bit early but it's okay. Gonna buy at next dip again and repeat. Easy 20%+ gains.
Jun 14, 2016
597 posts
349 upvotes
Calgary
$2100 intraday later, $420 split y'all!
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7186 upvotes
Calgary
Rob_EV wrote: Holding 350 shares and I'm not exactly sure what to do right now.......wish I could buy more at $260.

Are we heading to $2000 today or what???

I love looking back in this thread where people getting pretty excited by $70/share and cashing out ;)
dude you are a millionaire!

I don't have anywhere near you but I'm feeling a bit guilty with all the money suddenly appeared in my accountSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
2277 posts
579 upvotes
Toronto
Da13id wrote: I bought and held onto Tesla from the 700s till the 900s.
Sold it and went onto hold AAPL. Got out before a correction in early July.

Went all in on Tesla at $1500 buying 25 shares before earnings report and have been holding til yesterday. When I sold 3 shares to buy 12 shares of AAPL.

Figured with the battery day for TSLA, possible s+p inclusion and AAPL having a new 5G iPhone coming and new airpods it's a good time to diversify.

Oddly both dates for last day of holding is tomorrow end of day for both TSLA and AAPL to buy pre split and get extra shares.

Think he took a page out of Tim Cook's book to make it more affordable for the average investor to stabilize the stock, increase market share while screwing the bears who short the stock.
Really? I did not know about that, what would happen if I was to buy 1 share of apple on Monday and then it splits on the 31st?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2007
2721 posts
705 upvotes
wwedx wrote: Really? I did not know about that, what would happen if I was to buy 1 share of apple on Monday and then it splits on the 31st?
You still receive the dividend. It's called a due bill. It will be handled by the brokerage, otherwise there would be alot of people getting ripped off the next week.
Jun 17, 2017
131 posts
161 upvotes
wwedx wrote: Really? I did not know about that, what would happen if I was to buy 1 share of apple on Monday and then it splits on the 31st?
So according to this each shareholder of record by end of trading day August 24 you'll receive extra shares

This is my first split so I'm not sure what the cut off day is?

I read this last week and decided to play it safe and buy on Thursday.
Dec 21, 2011
192 posts
37 upvotes
BURNABY
Thought about it alot and will just add to tesla as I go after split.
Dec 21, 2011
192 posts
37 upvotes
BURNABY
Tesla opened strong today but finally had asmall pullback
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
Lot of rich people now Face With Tears Of Joy
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1054 posts
253 upvotes
Mississauga
"If one's conviction is strong enough whether you're a bear or a bull, you should put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise, you don't have skin in the game, and you are nothing more than a cheerleader in the stands" - SamInfinity
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7186 upvotes
Calgary
bobbings wrote: Lot of rich people now Face With Tears Of Joy
Lots of new Tesla car owners as well. It's a vicious cycle. Face With Tears Of Joy
Jun 17, 2017
131 posts
161 upvotes
Anyone holding long till s&p possible inclusion day, battery day or even longer??

Tempted to sell half to rebuy but it would require great timing as itrade/SB needs a day to settle the trade due to US exchange rates...
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
Any chance of a big selloff/profit taking tomorrow before the split?
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

$99 10GB/month Can/US/Mexico, 1000 minutes, free evenings and weekend
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7186 upvotes
Calgary
Da13id wrote: Anyone holding long till s&p possible inclusion day, battery day or even longer??

Tempted to sell half to rebuy but it would require great timing as itrade/SB needs a day to settle the trade due to US exchange rates...
This stock requires a long term commitment otherwise it's really not for the faint of heart. My horizon is another 10-20 years at least.

In 2019 when the stock went below $180 from $360, I was kicking myself for being an idiot to lose significant amount of $$$ on a stock.

Then in 2020 when it dropped from $960 to $360 I was kicking myself again for being an idiot for not taking profit.

Now I still feel like an idiot because I am up 700% and have no idea whether the stock will increase 25% or drop 50% by next month.

Anyway, all I know is TSLA is next AMZN or Apple and it will hopefully be the next company to cross $1 trillion market cap ahead of Facebook.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 3 guests)

BoatyMcBoatface, Bb0231, ElviBel