• Mar 28th, 2024 7:28 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6386 upvotes
Vancouver
brunes wrote: - The fact that they are 5 years ahead of all their competitors in terms of technology, as based on recent UBS teardown
- The fact that they will be profitable this year and thus don't need any more cash raises unless something tremendously unexpected occurs
- Brand weight and quality lead of TSLA is enormous. People who think Nissan and Ford are in the race are deluding themselves.

This will be a $500 stock before end of next year, IF it doesn't get taken private this year.
Didn't you also say FEYE would have 100% YOY gains?
Apr 2, 2016
482 posts
318 upvotes
brunes wrote: If you believe in TSLA or were a buyer at any time in the past year, you should be buying on this dip. I threw in another 20K the other day.

None of the fundamentals have changed, including Musk or his behaviour. He's always been an erratic genius, and he has been working the same schedule and using Ambien for at least a year at this point, by his own admission. If there are fines or other fallout from his "funding secured" tweet, it will be against him personally, not against TSLA.

TSLA is very much on track to be profitable this year. Model 3 Output Tracker: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... l-3-output

All this and they still have a 19 month backlog of reservations. And they haven't even allowed test drives... which start this month. Predictions are that reservations may outstrip production capacity again.
You shouldn't be investing any money in this company if you don't know the facts. 1) They aren't even remotely profitable. 2) The path they are on is not sustainable. 3) Elon Musk's guidance for production & profitability are not grounded in reality.

When the banks stop financing the debt, it's game over for TSLA.
Apr 2, 2016
482 posts
318 upvotes
treva84 wrote: Can you specify what these fundamentals are?
Well, they are fundamentally sound at burning through cash and shareholder equity.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
2180 posts
950 upvotes
brunes wrote: If you believe in TSLA or were a buyer at any time in the past year, you should be buying on this dip. I threw in another 20K the other day.
^ that

could it simply be one of those stocks that you 'love to hate' or 'hate to love'?

average 10 million shares a day, 13 million traded today, stock is up - tomorrow folks will be saying 'I should have'
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2017
2180 posts
950 upvotes
^ that

could it simply be one of those stocks that you 'love to hate' or 'hate to love'?

average 10 million shares a day, 13 million traded today, stock is up - tomorrow folks will be saying 'I should have'
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
treva84 wrote: The video linked is very interesting. I think this build would have been pre tent as well. Here's the link to the video for those that don't want to click the link.

I completely agree about the weird door handles. I hate how it operates. Opening it sucks. The other safety concerns he’s got, seems legit but I can’t really comment on those.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5885 posts
7465 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
MoneyHypeMike wrote: 3- Quality lead at TSLA? lol...
https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... 1027480762
"Our teardown experts noted numerous Model 3 quality issues including inconsistent gaps & flushness throughout the car, missing bolts, loose tolerances, and uneven & misaligned spot welds," the team of analysts led by Colin Langan wrote in a note to clients Thursday.
Buy right, hold tight. Keep calm and go long.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
Key phrase. "my belief that there is more than enough funding..."

https://www.tesla.com/blog/staying-public

Staying Public
Elon Musk August 24, 2018

Earlier this month, I announced that I was considering taking Tesla private. As part of the process, it was important to understand whether our current investors believed this would be a good strategic move and whether they would want to participate in a private Tesla.

Our investors are extremely important to me. Almost all have stuck with us from the time we went public in 2010 when we had no cars in production and only a vision of what we wanted to be. They believe strongly in our mission to advance sustainable energy and care deeply about our success.

I worked with Silver Lake, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley, who have world-class expertise in these matters, to consider the many factors that would come into play in taking Tesla private, and to process all the incoming interest that we received from investors to fund a go-private transaction. I also spent considerable time listening to current shareholders, large and small, to understand what they think would be in the best long-term interests of Tesla.

Based on all the discussions that have taken place over the last couple of weeks and a thorough consideration of what is best for the company, a few things are clear to me:

• Given the feedback I’ve received, it’s apparent that most of Tesla’s existing shareholders believe we are better off as a public company. Additionally, a number of institutional shareholders have explained that they have internal compliance issues that limit how much they can invest in a private company. There is also no proven path for most retail investors to own shares if we were private. Although the majority of shareholders I spoke to said they would remain with Tesla if we went private, the sentiment, in a nutshell, was “please don’t do this.”
  • I knew the process of going private would be challenging, but it’s clear that it would be even more time-consuming and distracting than initially anticipated. This is a problem because we absolutely must stay focused on ramping Model 3 and becoming profitable. We will not achieve our mission of advancing sustainable energy unless we are also financially sustainable.
  • That said, my belief that there is more than enough funding to take Tesla private was reinforced during this process.

After considering all of these factors, I met with Tesla’s Board of Directors yesterday and let them know that I believe the better path is for Tesla to remain public. The Board indicated that they agree.

Moving forward, we will continue to focus on what matters most: building products that people love and that make a difference to the shared future of life on Earth. We’ve shown that we can make great sustainable energy products, and we now need to show that we can be sustainably profitable. With all the progress we’ve made on Model 3, we’re positioned to do this, and that’s what the team and I are going to be putting all of our efforts toward.

Thank you to all of our investors, customers and employees for the support you’ve given our company. I’m incredibly excited to continue leading Tesla as a public company. It is a privilege.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10979 posts
14474 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
MoneyHypeMike wrote: What did I just read, lol.
You just read about the genesis of many lawsuits. But because he has the shareholders feelings in mind....hahaha.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3668 posts
567 upvotes
Oh this is going to hurt on Monday... I wonder if this whole parade was planned just to squeeze shorts out and out the fear of god into them... that last point pretty much says he could take Tesla private if he wanted to...
I wonder if we’ll see other companies pulling stunts like this or maybe even Elon doing it again in the future if he comes out of this unscathed...
At least we know now that the board is never abandoning this lad...
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
BrianWS6 wrote: You shouldn't be investing any money in this company if you don't know the facts. 1) They aren't even remotely profitable. 2) The path they are on is not sustainable. 3) Elon Musk's guidance for production & profitability are not grounded in reality.

When the banks stop financing the debt, it's game over for TSLA.
I could practically copy and paste your post word-for-word back in 2010 about Amazon stock.
Cress wrote: Oh this is going to hurt on Monday...
Not according to pre-market.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13524 posts
4710 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
Pre-market 308.14 −14.68 (4.55%)
glad to own some since $180
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5885 posts
7465 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
brunes wrote: I could practically copy and paste your post word-for-word back in 2010 about Amazon stock.

Not according to pre-market.
This is selection + hindsight bias - how many companies with no profits have gone on to become Amazon?

Also Jeff Bezos is fundamentally different from Elon Musk - Bezos will take the long term view and sacrifice short term gains to meet a longer term goal. Elon seems to be rather impulsive and is more concerned about what his stock price is doing in the short term rather than creating long term value. An example is building cars in a tent with poorly skilled labour, to meet a quarterly estimate for production. How good is the QC on these cars? How are they going to age in the next 1, 5, 10 years?
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
treva84 wrote: This is selection + hindsight bias - how many companies with no profits have gone on to become Amazon?

Also Jeff Bezos is fundamentally different from Elon Musk - Bezos will take the long term view and sacrifice short term gains to meet a longer term goal. Elon seems to be rather impulsive and is more concerned about what his stock price is doing in the short term rather than creating long term value. An example is building cars in a tent with poorly skilled labour, to meet a quarterly estimate for production. How good is the QC on these cars? How are they going to age in the next 1, 5, 10 years?
Look - honestly I don't really care. Come back and check this thread in 48 months and we will see. I already made my money on this stock, and took a ton of profit. I am ahead no matter what. But I expect to make a lot more money before this is over. Elon knows what's what.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5885 posts
7465 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
brunes wrote: Look - honestly I don't really care. Come back and check this thread in 48 months and we will see. I already made my money on this stock, and took a ton of profit. I am ahead no matter what. But I expect to make a lot more money before this is over. Elon knows what's what.
I hope it works out for you (no sarcasm). I agree, it'll be interesting to see where TSLA - both the company and the stock price - goes in the next 48 months.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)