None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
7493 posts
1888 upvotes
Toronto
djredhat wrote:
Apr 1st, 2018 9:27 pm
Sure, same goes for BB owners - one or two wierdos here and there who if surveyed would be too ashamed to admit otherwise roflmao
djredhat wrote:
Apr 1st, 2018 9:25 pm
Yes sure, BB didnt go bankrupt, but it trades for peanuts - I am sure TSLA share onwers will be “happy” with similar performance
Tesla achieved something tremendous. NASA had failures on the way to achieving something incredible, such as landing on the moon. Space X did have failures on the way to being able to land rockets to the same place they launched. You can't only dwell on failures on the way, and dismiss the tremendous successes.

It's ok to stick to admitting you are wrong to say BB went bankrupt, rather than trying to continue to trash BB and Tesla.
about Tesla.

Tesla shares are volatile. Stock prices aside, you say Tesla "have 2 models that they can’t even figure out how to produce". Tesla did produce many model S and X, and have many satisfied owners. Instead of explaining your statement, you trash those owners as "one or two wierdos".

Instead of only insulting Tesla owners, or make statement that you now admit is wrong, how about coming back with facts. It'll help if you also learn how to spell.
Sep 8, 2014
651 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto, ON
alanbrenton wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 12:40 pm
I'm not making a living to fund Tesla executives' dreams and salaries and stock options.
Clearly, the fractional risk of Tesla folding, or the fractional risk that you'd need right to repair a super-complicated EV after 8 years is too much for you to accept.
Sounds good, please proceed to drop your Tesla Model 3 reservation, those next in line with thank you.
Jan 18, 2016
114 posts
16 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
SmartElectric wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 3:50 pm
Clearly, the fractional risk of Tesla folding,
1/1 is a fraction. that is true
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2071 posts
805 upvotes
Arrgh wrote:
Apr 5th, 2018 3:30 pm
Tesla achieved something tremendous. NASA had failures on the way to achieving something incredible, such as landing on the moon. Space X did have failures on the way to being able to land rockets to the same place they launched. You can't only dwell on failures on the way, and dismiss the tremendous successes.

It's ok to stick to admitting you are wrong to say BB went bankrupt, rather than trying to continue to trash BB and Tesla.
about Tesla.

Tesla shares are volatile. Stock prices aside, you say Tesla "have 2 models that they can’t even figure out how to produce". Tesla did produce many model S and X, and have many satisfied owners. Instead of explaining your statement, you trash those owners as "one or two wierdos".

Instead of only insulting Tesla owners, or make statement that you now admit is wrong, how about coming back with facts. It'll help if you also learn how to spell.
Lol, Mr. PhD. How pathetic - can’t provide any arguments, so he pulls this.

Contrary to you, I don’t use spell check on my phone. Moreover, I don’t spend my time proofreading my posts as I have way better things to do than trying to make it eaiser for the less educated to understand.

There was something about a man Ron White saying something about fixing what you can’t fix, so yeah - nuff time wasted trying to fix “l’irréparable”. My L'irréparable block list count in this forum just increased by 1
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2071 posts
805 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2018 10:47 am
Elon Musk takes to Twitter to call out the article in the Economist, and state that Tesla will be profitable by 3rd quarter this year and therefore there is no need to raise more money https://insideevs.com/tesla-ceo-musk-bo ... this-year/

from https://twitter.com/TheTeslaLife/status ... 2823352321
Wait, haven’t we heard this before? ... at least 100 times roflmao
iamalittlepepper wrote:
Aug 13th, 2012 2:55 am
Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote:
Jan 13th, 2015 12:56 pm
you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
4001 posts
903 upvotes
Hodl or fold em?

It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat 😃
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1614 posts
813 upvotes
"Hold My Place" until the dual motor comes out and Elon Musk no longer has to sleep on the shop floor.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2007
4001 posts
903 upvotes
MrMom wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 8:57 am
"Hold My Place" until the dual motor comes out and Elon Musk no longer has to sleep on the shop floor.
that's what I did last night. I am also waiting for Jag to come back with offers/prices on their i-Pace.
I need EV for city driving, and I rarely do more than 150km/day. So, single motor base model is what I need. Dual is nice, but depends on the price.
It's easy to grin when your ship comes in and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his shorts are too tight in the seat 😃
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
46631 posts
12677 upvotes
So sell cars to employees and they boot them out? Ouch.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1614 posts
813 upvotes
dlhunter wrote:
Apr 27th, 2018 11:44 am
that's what I did last night. I am also waiting for Jag to come back with offers/prices on their i-Pace.
I need EV for city driving, and I rarely do more than 150km/day. So, single motor base model is what I need. Dual is nice, but depends on the price.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/drive/r ... brand-and/

Review: 2018 Jaguar I-Pace could be a game-changer for the brand and industry

Tech specs

Base price: $86,500

Engine: Magnet electric, one per axle

Transmission/Drive: Single-speed epicyclic/all-wheel drive

Fuel efficiency: 480 kilometres, quoted range
Sep 8, 2014
651 posts
491 upvotes
Toronto, ON
alanbrenton wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 4:55 pm
So sell cars to employees and they boot them out? Ouch.
Sigh. Tesla grew by 8000 people in just the past 6 months, they are letting 4000 go, so they still grew 4000 people in 2018 so far.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2006
5445 posts
1308 upvotes
GTA
MrMom wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 11:44 pm
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/drive/r ... brand-and/

Review: 2018 Jaguar I-Pace could be a game-changer for the brand and industry

Tech specs

Base price: $86,500

Engine: Magnet electric, one per axle

Transmission/Drive: Single-speed epicyclic/all-wheel drive

Fuel efficiency: 480 kilometres, quoted range
Watched the YouTube review of I-Pace and it was noted that it can be taken off-road, while Tesla voids your warranty if you do it with Model S/X. Also worth noting that the most likely reason for lower price on the Jaguar is lower capacity battery. Skeptical about "game changer" as this is a niche segment still.