None
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
2407 posts
1048 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
orianna wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 6:41 pm
So you want him to be another white rich CEO who's behind the scenes and doesn't speak with the public? There are thousands of them....

Reason why i bought Tesla and riding long is because Elon. I don't care about typical white culture thinking. If you don't like him or Tesla, don't buy the shares or respond to threads.

I'm not directly talking to you. I'm talking about the thousand of haters who hate on success. People hate Tesla like they hate Apple. Better products always win. Tesla is the best vehicle in the world.
At minimum as a shareholder I would want a CEO who is competent, ethical, and who I think I can trust with my capital. They can be old, young, white, black, man, woman, etc.

Can you explain how having the best product in the world justifies fraud and deception?
Last edited by treva84 on Sep 27th, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 21, 2014
917 posts
720 upvotes
Burlington, ON
1xTiMeR wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 6:28 pm
I trust wikipedia more than that site.

Plus, you guys should show him more respect. Guy is a genius.
He sure is, but being a genius doesn't exempt you from the law. I hope he doesn't go to jail over this.
Aug 17, 2013
206 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
treva84 wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 7:22 pm
At minimum I would want a shareholder who is competent, ethical, and who I think I can trust with my capital. They can be old, young, white, black, man, woman, etc.

Can you explain how having the best product in the world justifies fraud and deception?
Explain the fraud that Tesla's fraud? His tweet about 420 was wrong but he wanted to go private. Just shouldn't talk to idiots on social media. He almost secured the private funds from Dubai, but they went with another EV company.

I guess you don't invest in Apple either when they do tax fraud in every other country.

The share price hit over 300 last year. It's about the same when he said "420". The products are the reason why the share price is high. Not Elon.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
2407 posts
1048 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
orianna wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 7:54 pm
Explain the fraud that Tesla's fraud? His tweet about 420 was wrong but he wanted to go private. Just shouldn't talk to idiots on social media. He almost secured the private funds from Dubai, but they went with another EV company.
As quoted before:
SEC complaint: "Musk knew or was reckless in not knowing that each of these statements was false and/or misleading because he did not have an adequate basis in fact for his assertions. When he made these statements, Musk knew that he had never discussed a going-private transaction at $420 per share with any potential funding source, had done nothing to investigate whether it would be possible for all current investors to remain with Tesla as a private company via a “special purpose fund,” and had not confirmed support of Tesla’s investors for a potential going private transaction. He also knew that he had not satisfied numerous additional contingencies, the resolution of which was highly uncertain, when he unequivocally declared, 'Only reason why this is not certain is that it’s contingent on a shareholder vote.' Musk’s public statements and omissions created the misleading impression that taking Tesla private was subject only to Musk choosing to do so and a shareholder vote."
Last edited by treva84 on Sep 27th, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 21, 2014
917 posts
720 upvotes
Burlington, ON
orianna wrote:

I guess you don't invest in Apple either when they do tax fraud in every other country.

The share price hit over 300 last year. It's about the same when he said "420". The products are the reason why the share price is high. Not Elon.
You have to separate your feelings about a company or a person from their actions. The SEC might have a case here and if so Elon could be in for a world of pain. He's done great things, and so has Tesla, but making seemingly false statements like that can cost investors real money.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
4134 posts
1805 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
orianna wrote:

Did you even read the lawsuit from SEC?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
4590 posts
371 upvotes
MrMom wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 6:33 pm
He is something alright and genius might be an apt description. BTW, (1) wikipedia is quoting techcrunch Face With Tears Of Joy and (2) you can find on youtube a Jay Leno interview with the two well known founders when he is driven around in their invention, the Tesla Roadster.

Update: "TESLA FOUNDERS MARTIN EBERHARD AND MARC TARPENNING TALK ELECTRIC VEHICLES"

https://evannex.com/blogs/news/tesla-fo ... g-talk-evs

Put on the popcorn and curl up on the couch - this long and meaty talk with Tesla founders Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning, delivered at Stanford last October, is well worth watching from start to finish. It’s a rare treat for a couple of reasons. There are several substantial talks with Tarpenning available on YouTube (he also graciously granted me a lengthy interview for my book about Tesla), but Martin Eberhard has seldom sat down for a public interview since his controversial departure from Tesla. He and his erstwhile partner have a lot to say about the early days of Tesla and the past, present and future of electric vehicles. As far as I know, this is the only recent video that lets us hear the two of them together.
Fair enough you may be right , but the way I see it, there is no Tesla without Elon. And I'll be honest I don't know much about Tesla's history but I do know a bit about Elon.

I sure hope he gets out of this okay. He may have done something wrong but we need people like him in this world.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
3500 posts
784 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
BOD need to get some balls and get a manger in place and keep Elon as trophy in background.

He may be genius in some eyes but his tweets and other public comments on company and other [cave] show him to be a jerk.

IMHO
Mar 3, 2007
548 posts
38 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 8:01 pm
Did you even read the lawsuit from SEC?
Tesla fanatics don't read anything unless it is in the form of a 'tweet'
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18182 posts
1490 upvotes
orianna wrote:

Here's a good summary.
https://jalopnik.com/all-the-craziest-t ... 1829375118
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
5890 posts
4144 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
orianna wrote:
Sep 27th, 2018 6:41 pm
So you want him to be another white rich CEO who's behind the scenes and doesn't speak with the public? There are thousands of them....

Reason why i bought Tesla and riding long is because Elon. I don't care about typical white culture thinking. If you don't like him or Tesla, don't buy the shares or respond to threads.

I'm not directly talking to you. I'm talking about the thousand of haters who hate on success. People hate Tesla like they hate Apple. Better products always win. Tesla is the best vehicle in the world.
A racist and a Tesla fanboy. Go figure.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4358 posts
634 upvotes
Montreal
If everyone investing in the markets was logical and rational, we'd all be struggling to grow our wealth. ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
2407 posts
1048 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
What's the magic number for Musk's margin call? $260?