• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2024 12:54 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3109 posts
1299 upvotes
treva84 wrote: How many are they selling?
In U.S. registrations of new Tesla vehicles fell significantly from January to February according to the Dominion Cross-Sell Report.

6,252 Teslas were registered with motor vehicle agencies in the 23 states covered by the report in February, compared to 23,310 in January and a monthly average of 13,000 to 17,000 in Q4.

The Jan. surge was expected, as TSLA sought to sell cars ahead of the 2018 tax credit shrink.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2014
1911 posts
2367 upvotes
Toronto, ON
treva84 wrote: Also it's fairly easy to find multiple negative reviews of the M3 (including those from NON BIASED outlets like Consumer reports) so I wouldn't put much creedence into Teslarati.
The article is from a German magazine, you didn't even read Teslarati article obviously.

Why do you even comment on the fine article, if you are unwilling to even read the article itself or the article it linked to with the details of the positive review in German language, by a German publication, regarding German manufacturers fearing the intro of the Model 3.

Back on ignore for you. Seriously. Ignore for ignorance.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5846 posts
7401 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
SmartElectric wrote: The article is from a German magazine, you didn't even read Teslarati article obviously.

Why do you even comment on the fine article, if you are unwilling to even read the article itself or the article it linked to with the details of the positive review in German language, by a German publication, regarding German manufacturers fearing the intro of the Model 3.

It doesn't really matter what people say - you can always find "sources" that are for or against. Show me the sales numbers (not VIN registrations which are probably inflated) and we can have a meaningful discussion.

Ultimately we'll find out when Q1 is reported in April.
Buy quality. Keep calm and go long (and note to self STOP SELLING).
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3109 posts
1299 upvotes
Bloomberg

[Despite what Elon Musk wants you to believe,] Tesla is not the No. 1 premium carmaker
Tesla is giving Daimler and BMW a stiffer test in the US luxury auto market. But despite what one might read in Elon Musk's Twitter feed, it's not yet the top dog.
That was Q4 2018, would Tesla/Musk/their fans mention how great its sales in U.S. in first quarter 2019????
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10938 posts
14389 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
SmartElectric wrote: The article is from a German magazine, you didn't even read Teslarati article obviously.

Seems like an over reaction and overly dramatic.

Perhaps a little too emotionally invested?
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2014
1911 posts
2367 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cartfan123 wrote: Seems like an over reaction and overly dramatic.

Perhaps a little too emotionally invested?
Are you worried I might be right?
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10938 posts
14389 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
SmartElectric wrote: Are you worried I might be right?
What is clear is you are worried @treva84 is likely correct, so by putting him on ignore you are plugging your ears.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1451 posts
811 upvotes
Torontario
cartfan123 wrote: What is clear is you are worried @treva84 is likely correct, so by putting him on ignore you are plugging your ears.
As one management guru was saying: each hockey stick curve, finally proves to be an S-curve.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5846 posts
7401 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
After the end of Q1 rush, M3 demand may fall off a cliff like what happened in the US post Q4

Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5846 posts
7401 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2014
1911 posts
2367 upvotes
Toronto, ON
treva84 wrote: After the end of Q1 rush, M3 demand may fall off a cliff like what happened in the US post Q4

I can't tell if you are ignorant or simply spreading FUD.

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-sal ... uary-2019/
The expected result of shifting to overseas is seen in our estimates, but that doesn’t imply that demand for the Model 3 has fallen. In fact, demand abroad is high and is being fulfilled now, so on the U.S. side, a slip was inevitable.
Tesla is producing at a rate of 7000 per week, 1000 per day, they ship cars to far off places (Europe and Asia) early in the quarter, and then shift delivery and product for local (California and North America) at end of quarter, leading to the "rush" delivery seen over the past weeks as we get near end of quarter.

1000 cars per day in 2019 is a yearly run rate well exceeding 2018.

Your claim that US demand drops at the beginning of every quarter is ignorant.
Production is prioritized and shipping lag times are taken into account to get the highest possible delivery per quarter of production, especially during the initial burst of deliveries for new product (Model 3) to new places (Europe). Steady state production and WW delivery will smooth out over time and these charts you post will be inconsequential.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5846 posts
7401 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
SmartElectric wrote: I can't tell if you are ignorant or simply spreading FUD.

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-sal ... uary-2019/

Tesla is producing at a rate of 7000 per week, 1000 per day, they ship cars to far off places (Europe and Asia) early in the quarter, and then shift delivery and product for local (California and North America) at end of quarter, leading to the "rush" delivery seen over the past weeks as we get near end of quarter.

1000 cars per day in 2019 is a yearly run rate well exceeding 2018.

Your claim that US demand drops at the beginning of every quarter is ignorant.
Production is prioritized and shipping lag times are taken into account to get the highest possible delivery per quarter of production, especially during the initial burst of deliveries for new product (Model 3) to new places (Europe). Steady state production and WW delivery will smooth out over time and these charts you post will be inconsequential.
I thought I was on your ignore?

I did not claim that US demand drops at the beginning of every quarter. The data I posted suggests that American M3 demand has been exhausted at the end of Q4 2018. Many analysts from big investment banks agree that this is the case moving forward, although it does remain to be seen. The data posted about monthly deliveries is not "ignorant or FUD"- it is objective. Previous deliveries are previous deliveries. Yes, deliveries may pick up (which is what Tesla is trying to stimulate with deep discounting) but this is not guaranteed.

Production =/= sold cars. Tesla can produce as many cars as it wants and put those cars in parking lots to rot scattered across the country, but that doesn't mean that people will eventually buying them. What happens to a highly capital intensive company when it continues to produce a high volume of low margin products that aren't selling?

It is well documented that Tesla has signed an agreement with Panasonic to produce a certain number of vehicles, so its motives for production are not 100% linked to sales. Also, if demand is high (meaning all produced cars are sold) why does Tesla have to discount cars and run other promos to drive sales at the end of the quarter?

Your comment about deliveries being smoothed out and the data I posted being inconsequential is speculative - you do not know for sure that will happen.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3109 posts
1299 upvotes
GM
Diector compensation 2017(Non employee)

Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39293 posts
6324 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bb0231 wrote:
why does Elon needs anyone's permission to tweet? Trump didn't ask for any permission either.