Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18917 posts
1340 upvotes
MrMom wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 9:39 am
DOJ is responsible for any criminal actions as @cartfan123 pointed out, so more maybe to come. SEC is just civil, but yeah...goes to the article above
In order for anything to be criminal, you would need intent beyond a reasonable doubt. Good luck with that.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
1822 posts
769 upvotes
Houston, TX
brunes wrote:
Oct 1st, 2018 12:15 pm
In order for anything to be criminal, you would need intent beyond a reasonable doubt. Good luck with that.
One more undelivered (lol) set of promises

- failed to make 5000 cars per week
- neither cash positive nor profitable

https://seekingalpha.com/article/420939 ... -cash-flow
Make the Trudeau drama teacher again!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
2551 posts
1220 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I have a question for the TSLA longs ( @brunes , @deal_with_singh , @orianna ) - have you guys looked at buying the 2025 notes? They trade at 87 cents on the dollar and 7.75% yield while you wait. Assuming the company stays alive to 2025 it's a ~10% annualized return, and it's less risky and volatile than the equity.

What do you guys think about the bonds?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16246 posts
2259 upvotes
Toronto
treva84 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 6:10 pm
I have a question for the TSLA longs ( @brunes , @deal_with_singh , @orianna ) - have you guys looked at buying the 2025 notes? They trade at 87 cents on the dollar and 7.75% yield while you wait. Assuming the company stays alive to 2025 it's a ~10% annualized return, and it's less risky and volatile than the equity.

What do you guys think about the bonds?
I don’t buy bonds. I’ve been getting a greater than 10% return through the stocks. Although I’m pretty much break even for the year after the stock tanked from the going private news (admittedly added some where’s at The $380 high thinking $420 could really happen). ACB of my current shares is $313, and I’m targeting $350-380 after earnings (assuming they show GAAP Profit)
AMEX OFFERS ARE BACK!
AMEX Biz Plat: 75k Signup bonus ($750) + $125 Cashback ($499 Annual Fee)
AMEX Personal Plat: 60k Signup Bonus ($750) + $75 Cashback ($699 Annual Fee, but free $200 Travel Credit)
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
2551 posts
1220 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Down ~10% since Monday - are instituional investors liquidating?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
2551 posts
1220 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 4:29 pm
I have no words to explain what I just read.
I wonder if that communication was vetted by a lawyer or the board?

Elon, just put twitter down bro.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3376 posts
359 upvotes
Oh man ... He’s going to go private without going private - at this rate, he’ll clean up anybody that’s not LONG and he will be left with shorts and a bunch of true believers then he won’t even have to wage war on the shorts, it’ll happen by itself...

The truth is that his behaviour shouldn’t affect the stock (aside from the taking private tweet, that one was clearly wrong) the way it does, maybe he’s just trying to teach people to pay attention to what’s important...

This is going to be fun to watch.

Cheers,
emanon86 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 4:25 pm

LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
3272 posts
761 upvotes
Ottawa
Cress wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 8:03 pm
The truth is that his behaviour shouldn’t affect the stock (aside from the taking private tweet, that one was clearly wrong) the way it does,
Of course it should. The reality is he has a huge amount of power and influence in Tesla and every time he makes a thoughtless tweet like this reminds investors of how much of an ass hole he really is.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
6077 posts
4498 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
Stock should have dropped when the settlement said he was STAYING as CEO.

Karma would be seeing fanboy investors lose everything,
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18917 posts
1340 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2018 7:23 pm
I don’t buy bonds. I’ve been getting a greater than 10% return through the stocks. Although I’m pretty much break even for the year after the stock tanked from the going private news (admittedly added some where’s at The $380 high thinking $420 could really happen). ACB of my current shares is $313, and I’m targeting $350-380 after earnings (assuming they show GAAP Profit)
Ditto on above. My return on the stock is in the 60% range at this point. Expected to be far higher in years to come. The constant soap opera and bashing by right-wing skeptics do nothing but make investors more money in the long term because the fundamentals of this company & how far they are ahead of their peers. The ICE engine for personal autos is going away, self-driving technology will make personal ownership of vehicles fade away into a fleet-based on-demand consumption model. Tesla is the only EV vendor poised to directly operate in the way personal transportation is going to work 5 years from now.

Now on the other hand, if Elon was removed as CEO, that would have been a total disaster. I would take all my profits and run. Tesla will die without him.
Last edited by brunes on Oct 5th, 2018 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
4800 posts
446 upvotes
To those who don't like Elon:

If you don't like Elon Musk, don't buy Tesla.

Ill bet you if Elon Musk left the company, your share price would plummet.

So stop talking smack about Elon and be happy with where he got Tesla shareholders; even if he is being an ass right now. Let him be.
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
3376 posts
359 upvotes
Sadly true, people were happy to see him stay, but I guess he’s right in the sense that if you are long, none of this matters. It’s funny though that he’s got everyone focused at the tweets, I wonder what’s happening in his head outside of the tweets.

Cheers,
1xTiMeR wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 7:46 am
To those who don't like Elon:

If you don't like Elon Musk, don't buy Tesla.

Ill bet you if Elon Musk left the company, your share price would plummet.

So stop talking smack about Elon and be happy with where he got Tesla shareholders; even if he is being an ass right now. Let him be.