Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5846 posts
7401 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Bb0231 wrote: Hmmmmm ... past it prime!

Buy quality. Keep calm and go long (and note to self STOP SELLING).
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3109 posts
1299 upvotes
Demand (ST, LT, ... NT), cash flow, B/S cushion all back into focus.

Even MS's note concerns cash on hand ....
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2016
2028 posts
1013 upvotes
Houston, TX
SmartElectric wrote: https://cleantechnica.com/2019/04/02/te ... oing-24-7/

Thousands of cars delivered in a single weekend.
Doubt there is a demand problem.

Tesla doesn't even have leasing options yet on the Model 3, if they had trouble selling them, they'd offer leasing.
Oh, more Twitter evidence...
What about "boring" numbers in latest release, NOT confirming such optimism?
Not saying about pipe dreams of 700k M3 sold per year...
Make the face great again
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2014
1911 posts
2367 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Three pages of RFD thread and not a single non-ignored post.

My take :

Model S and X need a refresh to stay relevant. The Model 3 supercharging and price/value is starkly better than the S&X. Not since 2016 has Tesla sold this few S&X in a quarter.

Model 3 production is nearly flat Q4-18 -> Q1-19 , which is exactly as Tesla outlined, they are guiding slower CAPEX spend in early 2019 as they ramp up China factory in Q2 and beyond.

The delivery logistics for Europe and China will need some time to smooth out, as right now the deliveries were peaky at end of quarter in all regions, whereas in previous quarters (prior to Model 3 ramp), Tesla would have peak delivery in Europe and Asia in first two months of quarter, and then redirect all production to North America and peak delivery of those vehicles in last month of quarter.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5846 posts
7401 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
SmartElectric wrote: Three pages of RFD thread and not a single non-ignored post.

My take :

Model S and X need a refresh to stay relevant. The Model 3 supercharging and price/value is starkly better than the S&X. Not since 2016 has Tesla sold this few S&X in a quarter.

Model 3 production is nearly flat Q4-18 -> Q1-19 , which is exactly as Tesla outlined, they are guiding slower CAPEX spend in early 2019 as they ramp up China factory in Q2 and beyond.

The delivery logistics for Europe and China will need some time to smooth out, as right now the deliveries were peaky at end of quarter in all regions, whereas in previous quarters (prior to Model 3 ramp), Tesla would have peak delivery in Europe and Asia in first two months of quarter, and then redirect all production to North America and peak delivery of those vehicles in last month of quarter.
Are you a shareholder? If so, are you continuing to hold at this point?
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
I still don't want to buy puts until at least 2022 when Germans come on board with competitive offerings.

Many of these same Tesla owners used to drive German cars. Many will be willing to switch back if Tesla doesn't execute appropriately.

I call bull to buying Tesla to save the environment / green revolution. I am not confident that corporate insiders are really doing much more to protect the environment other than producing cars with no emissions.

I think Treva did post about Mr. Musk's $700k corporate jet trip last year and I'm sure that isn't being green, at all.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3109 posts
1299 upvotes
treva84 wrote: Are you a shareholder? If so, are you continuing to hold at this point?
Watching market reaction yesterday. They have strong support!

Is it insane??
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4310 posts
2737 upvotes
Canada
Tesla is a sexy stock to own but I see nowhere for it to go but down as more electric cars enter the market. I read one prediction that Tesla shares will be worth $100 in a year.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5846 posts
7401 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
FCA formed an open pool with Tesla on Feb. 25, the FT said, citing a declaration with the European Commission.
If 100% true, it's good for Tesla as it helps them keep the lights on.

But why are we only hearing about this now, if it occurred at the end of Feb?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
3109 posts
1299 upvotes
From SA
Jefferies: "The announcement of an 'Open Pool' with FCA to reduce calculated CO2 emissions in Europe could generate several $ million of cash income, possibly starting this year.”
Deal Fanatic
Nov 9, 2013
5846 posts
7401 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Bb0231 wrote: From SA
"Several millions" is of course less interesting than "hundreds of millions". Perhaps thats why it wasn't initially announced - not greatly material.

Also two new downgrades this morning by bulls - Morgan Stanley and Jefferies
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
How long does a couple hundred million dollars buy Tesla? They are about to turn cash positive from financing activities, correct?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)