So I got a Quote for Granite Kitchen Countertop Installation - Is this Quote OK ?
1. The Granite - 2 cm thickness, cost is $ 50 per Sq. Ft. ( I am OK with this price as most places have the same price for that colour & type of granite )
2. The cutting of the Sink Hole, Faucet hole in the granite & Polishing the granite is $ 200 extra - Shouldn't this be included in the price ?
3. Digital measurement i.e laser measurement is another $ 100 extra - Shouldn't this be included in the price ?
4. Sink is $ 200 extra . ( Stylish & decent brand name sink )
5. Faucet is $ 140 extra ( Stylish & Nice faucet )
6. Old laminate counter removal is $ 100 . Disposal of the same is another $ 100. - Shouldn't this be included in the price ? - If not I can probably remove it myself & dispose it off.
Am I getting ripped off ? Are they charging me for stuff that should be included in the price any ways ?
I mean why am I paying extra for laser digital measurement or extra for cutting the sink hole, faucet hole & polishing of the granite ? Shouldn't this be included in the $ 50 per Sq. Ft price, that I am paying for the granite, or is that just the price of the Granite slab ?
And these things like cutting sink hole & faucet hole , polishing granite and digital measurement are always charged extra ?
I understand the extra charge for the actual faucet & Sink.
The whole thing will be around $ 3,000 + Tax .