Home & Garden

So I got a Quote for Granite Kitchen Countertop Installation - Is this Quote OK ?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 1:04 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 18, 2015
257 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i love the clean and consistent look of quartz and it withstands anything.

I personally think Granite counterotps are a little overdone.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8747 posts
2895 upvotes
Ottawa
KendrickStone wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:01 am
i love the clean and consistent look of quartz and it withstands anything
It's funny how everyone regurgitates this statement. Even salespeople all say quartz can withstand anything but riggh after they say "I mean i woudlnt put a hot pot on it but it does withstand it" Or they'll say if you drop something acidic like red wine or tomota sauce it won't stain, but i mean make sure yuo clean it right away.

So to all you salespeople or quartz worshippers out there, canit or can it not withstand anything??? Stop lying to people or put a pot of fresh boiling water on you counter and ket it cool there a few hours if you're so sure it'll withstand anything. Until you do you're just regurgitating a sales pitch because they know in their right mind nobody would do this.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Nov 18, 2015
257 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cas77 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:47 pm
It's funny how everyone regurgitates this statement. Even salespeople all say quartz can withstand anything but riggh after they say "I mean i woudlnt put a hot pot on it but it does withstand it" Or they'll say if you drop something acidic like red wine or tomota sauce it won't stain, but i mean make sure yuo clean it right away.

So to all you salespeople or quartz worshippers out there, canit or can it not withstand anything??? Stop lying to people or put a pot of fresh boiling water on you counter and ket it cool there a few hours if you're so sure it'll withstand anything. Until you do you're just regurgitating a sales pitch because they know in their right mind nobody would do this.

I have pure white quartz countertops and i've spilled beet juice, wine, coffee and raw turmeric (which stains everything) on them. I'm not even the careful type and sometimes I don't wipe my counters right away....put a little comet on the stain, wipe and it's like new.

I rearrange hot pots and pans on my counter all the time because i don't have enough trivets. No issues..

But if you don't like quartz countertops and don't think they can handle the abuse that's fine too... everyone has their own preference, i'm just speaking from personal experience.