Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2174 posts
547 upvotes
St. Johns

So much trouble getting a TD Visa

For the second time this year, I've found it damn near impossible to get a TD Visa.

Earlier this year I applied for TD Aeroplan visa online and was approved. However, I received a call from TD saying I needed to go into a branch for them to finalize the application. So off I go to a branch with income and address proof and their response was "We cannot authorize on-line applications in branch you need to call the credit department to finalize". Credit department kept telling me they couldn't do it without final authorization from the branch and the branch was saying they couldn't do anything because it was on-line. Finally the branch ran a new application (including a credit hit when they said it wouldn't) and it was approved.

Fast forward to today. I applied for TD First Class and was approved. TD called and said they wanted to verify some information which was fine. Once again they told me to go to a branch to prove my income and address which had changed since my last credit application. I get to the branch (a different TD branch than last time) and what a shocker, they said they couldn't do anything and that they weren't sure why I would have to go to the branch. I gave them the reference number and the exact instructions that TD gave me over the phone but their response was "I don't see anything out of the ordinary on your file so I'm not sure why they couldn't finalize it on the phone".

Good lord. Anyone else have issues with them?
7 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
All front line reps?
Any chance you can talk to an adviser?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2174 posts
547 upvotes
St. Johns
vkizzle wrote: All front line reps?
Any chance you can talk to an adviser?
I was dealing with an adviser.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
3009 posts
1629 upvotes
Try escalating within the credit card department and see if that gets you anywhere.
Loose lips sink ships. | His Majesty's Naval Service
Apr 28, 2012
964 posts
345 upvotes
QC
Arrange a conference call between all the parties
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2174 posts
547 upvotes
St. Johns
McMaggot wrote: Try escalating within the credit card department and see if that gets you anywhere.
TD said they would escalate to a credit department manager. Passed along my number but have yet to recieve a call.