So which store to get APPLIANCES from?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2017 11:18 am
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes

So which store to get APPLIANCES from?

Just about every store I've heard complains from and read threads here and I'm a bit apprehensive on committing to a store. I have a number of appliances for my home and I'd rather stick to 1 because multiple delivery dates can get complicated.

Fridge, Dishwasher, Range, Microwave on top of range and possibly washer dryer are on my list

I initially wanted to deal with CAS but there's a ton of horror stories online. Too bad, they carry a ton of brands. It looks like their pricing is a bit flexible too. I'd like to buy from Costco but they don't have the selection. Black Stainless is my preference.
12 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
If (when) I replace my stuff, I'm going commercial.
Well except my stove since I'm fairly certain I can't do that for insurance purposes.

You bet I'm going to get a commercial fridge, freezer, dishwasher, and maybe microwave too.

This post definitely doesn't help you.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
I bought all of my kitchen appliances from Tasco many years ago. At that time, they were very competitive in pricing and had some of the higher end commercial brands I wanted. Washer and dryer were from Sears, although Sears is in quite a disarray these days.
Jul 4, 2015
793 posts
198 upvotes
Stouffville
I learned the best thing to do is buy from a Big Box store whose location is struggling in a small town. I bought mine from a struggling Home Depot location, so when the delivery company screwed up, and I demanded my money back, they were forced to give me freebies to avoid losing the business. $10,000 in appliance purchases is a bigger deal to a Home Depot in a small town outside of Toronto, vs, say the Home Depot in Richmond Hill which is busy 24/7.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
TagYoureIt wrote: I learned the best thing to do is buy from a Big Box store whose location is struggling in a small town. I bought mine from a struggling Home Depot location, so when the delivery company screwed up, and I demanded my money back, they were forced to give me freebies to avoid losing the business. $10,000 in appliance purchases is a bigger deal to a Home Depot in a small town outside of Toronto, vs, say the Home Depot in Richmond Hill which is busy 24/7.
this is great advice

Bestbuy is running a Samsung appliance set right now and it's what I need. A salesperson told me they can hold the goods for 4 months until I decide to get it delivered. I wonder is BB is any good.
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
21392 posts
23735 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If you are in GTA, Billa Appliances is a good place. No negotiating needed, they will just give you the best price.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2005
2037 posts
462 upvotes
I would recommend Dixie Electronics...it's close to 401/dixie in Mississauga...we got a new whirlpool washing machine about a year ago with the 5 year extended warranty and it came to about $1100 all in...the same washer at best buy, lowes, leons, etc was around $1300 + taxes without any extra warranty
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2712 posts
1058 upvotes
I like Goeman's and TA Appliances.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
OP you will receive and read many good and bad reviews for the same stores. In my opinion the delivery service is veru important - as in the item is not damaged by the third-party delivery people.

Then their is the issue of whether the appliance will fit - make sure you measure very clearly - HXWXD (especially depth) - as well as the path in your house or apartment where the appliance will need to be "travel" in order to reach its designated spot. But watch the depth - while appliances many appear to be the same depth, if you have to go with small then depth can be a major issue. We live in a small bungalow. You also do not want to have to take the appliance apart in order for it to fit in the door. We had a choice of just about one fridge unless we went really cheap - and this one I am worried about as it is.

Also, when buying the extended warranty, if you buy a third-party warranty from the store where you buy the appliance ask which company will be sent to do any repairs.

If you buy a warranty directly from the manufacturer ask the manufacturer which company does its warranty work.

For our recent fridge purchase we bought an additional 3 year warranty (first time ever) but I ensured that a certain warranty provider would never darken our door again (but had we bought the appliance from a well-known furniture/appliance maker we would have had no choice since it owns the service provider).
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Sears / Sears Home have served us well over the years. They have just about every make & model you can think of... Including their own brand Kenmore. Sales run frequently. And they will price match as well. They offer financing (Sears Credit) and also Sears Points. As well as Extended Warranties, with a CASH BACK Guarantee (no issues = Waranty Price Refunded to you). They also do Delivery, Set Up & Disposal. And great Customer Service (had a friend who got a brand name fridge that was a real lemon... They replaced it 3x... Twice with the same brand, then 3rd time he said screw it and switched it out for a Kenmore. All covered under Waranty).
Deal Addict
May 26, 2006
1525 posts
606 upvotes
Toronto
DO NOT GO TO SEARS. I can't stress this enough. Unless you have a desire for weeks and weeks of headaches and screwups.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)