Computers & Electronics

So who did NOT get the new ipad via UPS today?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2012 11:17 am
Tags:
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes

So who did NOT get the new ipad via UPS today?

And what are you going to do?
keep waiting or just pick one up at store?

Personally I will just walk in a store and pick one up tomorrow
screw UPS and apple preorders, I will never do it again
16 replies
Feb 28, 2011
50 posts
2 upvotes
I ordered online the day it was announced. Chose the engrave option so it was estimated to arrive on 19th. So it sat in Concord, ONT for the *entire* day today –*UPS said since there was no 'obligation' to send it earlier than Apple's date, they simply moved it to the bottom of the delivery list. Was crushed when I came back and saw the front desk had a stack of iPads, but none with my name on it.

Yay! Way to go that extra mile for customer service…o wait…
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
Same thing for me, ordered 2 engraved on 7th, got to louisville on 10th and 13th, never ever moved since
called apple and ups was told BS answers...oh well I wonder if I can return them in stores once they come next week?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2003
9931 posts
1371 upvotes
Can you even return a shipped product to the store? Thought you had to ship it back.

I waited all day for it and it came at 6. Why did I take a day off work? Oh well, at least it was relaxing.

Now to decide which one to keep. Wifi or 4G.
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
11105 posts
6746 upvotes
Toronto
fengfenglee wrote: Same thing for me, ordered 2 engraved on 7th, got to louisville on 10th and 13th, never ever moved since
called apple and ups was told BS answers...oh well I wonder if I can return them in stores once they come next week?

U cant return engraved?
Feb 28, 2011
50 posts
2 upvotes
McLaren__F1 wrote: U cant return engraved?

I dug around the web for about 30 mins. Apparently you can, it was recently changed.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2009
1428 posts
787 upvotes
Edmonton
Meh, it's still stuck in Mount "Hope" (does UPS purposely use this airport to tease people?). It was engraved so supposed to come Monday but it has been stuck In Transit for the whole week. What is the point of that??? You'd think UPS would move things through just so that they aren't responsible for it anymore. Apple is dumb for telling them to hold that long. Or at least they get the damn thing into Canada and THEN leave it on hold till launch date. No reason to make preorders come later than they could. I'm going to wait till Monday, and it BETTER be here Monday.
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
lol you guys are lucky at least yours is in mount hope...mine was departed from louisville friday night, UPS is a joke

for the return on engraved ipads: I checked online it says only DOA engraved items can be returned, not 100% certain I guess I will call apple for this

Ordered 64Gb but now kind of wanna get a 32gb instead
Aug 20, 2008
766 posts
96 upvotes
anothefoo wrote: I ordered online the day it was announced. Chose the engrave option so it was estimated to arrive on 19th. So it sat in Concord, ONT for the *entire* day today –*UPS said since there was no 'obligation' to send it earlier than Apple's date, they simply moved it to the bottom of the delivery list. Was crushed when I came back and saw the front desk had a stack of iPads, but none with my name on it.

Yay! Way to go that extra mile for customer service…o wait…

Same here. At least this morning it says "in transit to Quebec City", therefore I'm confident to receive it Monday.

What a 'brilliant' idea to get it engraved. :mad: :mad:
When I ordered, it said "engraving is easy and it's free", so I said why the hell not!
Now, I'll have a hard time resell it, and can't return it if I don't like it...
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
called apple telling them I am not happy about what UPS is screwing ppl who pre-ordered, the girl was nice and told me simply refuse shipment when they come.
called around apple stores in Montreal and they had stock EVERYWHERE, picked up 2 with no problem.
I was worried about the dead pixel issues so buying in stores is better since they allow you to exchange or return if anything goes wrong.
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
Gee wrote: You shouldn't blame Apple for UPS screwing up. They have no control over UPS

I did not blame apple for it, I simply asked her "what is the point pre-ordering something if I can only get it days after everyone else?" and she quickly process the return.
UPS is at fault since they told me Apple is allowing them to delivery engraved ipads on or before 21st (ordered right after announcement). I am not going to wait till Wednesday
Aug 20, 2008
766 posts
96 upvotes
I wonder if I'll receive it today.
Still says Departure Scan Quebec City. Usually at this time of the day, it says Out for Delivery...
:|
Aug 21, 2009
150 posts
26 upvotes
I hate this pre-order too. .
If I can't get mine today, I will call apple and ask for returning even it has engraving.

Location Date Local Time Activity
Louisville, KY, United States 03/16/2012 6:24 P.M. Departure Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 03/13/2012 1:45 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 03/12/2012 3:58 P.M. Departure Scan
03/12/2012 3:04 P.M. Arrival Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 03/12/2012 10:22 P.M. Departure Scan
Shenzhen, China 03/11/2012 5:20 P.M. Departure Scan
03/11/2012 10:31 A.M. Origin Scan
China 03/11/2012 5:21 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Aug 20, 2008
766 posts
96 upvotes
jijiwiwi wrote: I hate this pre-order too. .
If I can't get mine today, I will call apple and ask for returning even it has engraving.

Try your tracking number here:
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/ ... -tracking/

Also, call them. I just did and they said it was out for delivery, even though it doesn't say so on their website.

I don't NEED to have my iPad before anyone else. I can wait days/weeks no problem. When you preorder however, you should be able to receive it at the same time or before as someone who didn't. Otherwise, what's the point??
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
2462 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
fengfenglee wrote: And what are you going to do?
keep waiting or just pick one up at store?

Personally I will just walk in a store and pick one up tomorrow
screw UPS and apple preorders, I will never do it again

They sometimes deliver in the evening. Kind of weird....hey here's a ups truck now...I wonder who's getting theirs here

Just saw a truck right now so wait for it
Aug 21, 2009
150 posts
26 upvotes
cayouche wrote: Try your tracking number here:
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/advisor/ ... -tracking/

Also, call them. I just did and they said it was out for delivery, even though it doesn't say so on their website.

I don't NEED to have my iPad before anyone else. I can wait days/weeks no problem. When you preorder however, you should be able to receive it at the same time or before as someone who didn't. Otherwise, what's the point??

Thank you. I don't trust UPS call center any more. The online tracking system is accurate. Their computers are accurate.

Regarding the online tracking, some CSRs are just blame the computer to avoid any further checking. They just tell you the online is not correct/or correct and you may get your package soon or on time. This is bull ****. I called UPS on Mar 16 when the package was still on US. I was told that the online tracking is not accurate. So I may get mine on Mar 16. I waited a full day but in the evening I saw the package was departure from Louisville.

Yesterday, the scheduled delivery date was Mar 19 for most of time. Online tracking shows arrived in Concord, ON in the afternoon. I called them and ask when. They promised that this would be delivered by 7pm. However, the schedule delivery date was changed to Mar 20 around 6 pm.

This morning, I saw the package is out for delivery. I should get mine today but actually I called Apple to have it returned already. It wasted my time and money! :mad: