Soap Stains on Car Windows

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2019 9:08 pm
[OP]
Jul 21, 2019
226 posts
299 upvotes

Soap Stains on Car Windows

Anyone know how to get rid of soap stains on your car windows. My windows are tinted and has some bad soap stains mainly on the back window from when I hand washed my car. I tried cleaning with just water and then trying right away as some videos had done, but it didn't work.
3 replies
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
12298 posts
6548 upvotes
Toronto
windex?
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1880 posts
1261 upvotes
Markham
I would try a diluted mixture Of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. Spray it on your tints and while it soaks in, spray some on a microfiber cloth and wipe.

I’d be hesitant of using harsh chemicals on the tints as it may get damaged. How did you get soap stains anyways? Were the windows warm (facing the sun)?

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Jan 1, 2015
422 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto, ON
HDawg wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 4:59 pm
I would try a diluted mixture Of isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. Spray it on your tints and while it soaks in, spray some on a microfiber cloth and wipe.

I’d be hesitant of using harsh chemicals on the tints as it may get damaged. How did you get soap stains anyways? Were the windows warm (facing the sun)?
Isn't tinting film applied on the inside only? If he just used some window cleaner on rag it should come right off.