• Nov 15th, 2017 11:00 pm
[OP]
Oct 31, 2012
134 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto

[Sobeys] 10% Off Air Canada Gift Cards

Just in time for the holidays!

Offer valid at Sobeys, Sobeys Urban Fresh, Foodland and Safeway locations.

Atlantic: Nov 9-15 (See Flyer Page 10)
Ontario: Nov 10-16, $50-$500 (See Flyer Pages 1 & 8)
West: Nov 10-16 (See Flyer Page 8)

Air Canada Gift Card FAQs
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... cards.html

Sobey's Atlantic Flyer...
Last edited by bronski on Nov 8th, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.
113 replies
Apr 8, 2007
556 posts
143 upvotes
Wow... 10% off Air Canada combinable with any regar AC discounts, and 5 times American Express Rewards points with Cobalt card. Hot deal +++. Thanks OP.
Dec 10, 2003
191 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Would I be able to put the entire amount of a all inclusive trip for a family of 4 into a giftcard and pay for it via gift card?

If it is possible I would save a few hundred dollars. But I would be uneasy putting a few thousand dollars on a giftcard at a grocery store.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
6826 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto
10% discount is really good.

If paying the trip with some premium CC's will cover lost luggage, flight delay, trip interruptions, or medicals. But if only paying part of the trip with the CC, the coverage may be lost. That'd be my worry with using these AC GCs.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
40882 posts
9791 upvotes
Plus 4% for those with cc's that offer that cash back on grocery purchases.

AC really wants us to not earn aeropesos anymore.
Dec 10, 2003
191 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Arrgh wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:08 am

If paying the trip with some premium CC's will cover lost luggage, flight delay, trip interruptions, or medicals. But if only paying part of the trip with the CC, the coverage may be lost. That'd be my worry with using these AC GCs.
Good point... Cc insurance coverage. Hrm...
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
3183 posts
945 upvotes
Edmonton
TO_girl wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 11:58 pm
Would I be able to put the entire amount of a all inclusive trip for a family of 4 into a giftcard and pay for it via gift card?

If it is possible I would save a few hundred dollars. But I would be uneasy putting a few thousand dollars on a giftcard at a grocery store.

I believe the maximum amount you can put onto the card at Sobeys is $500.

You can use up to two gift cards per transaction at Air Canada, provided that the total cost of the ticket purchase is covered fully by the two gift cards. Otherwise you can use one gift card and pay the rest by a credit card.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13073 posts
1724 upvotes
Pay for it partially with GC, partially with Masterpass for the $60 eGC?
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
1823 posts
43 upvotes
YVR
Not worth it to lose the insurance you'd get from credit card booking. One delay and you're hooped.
Apr 8, 2009
113 posts
28 upvotes
Not found on the Sobey's West flyer... anyone know if deals like this are nation wide or only specific to regions?
Banned
Nov 7, 2017
28 posts
5 upvotes
For short and cheap domestic flights within Canada, I would use it. Like say Toronto to Montreal , Toronto to Calgary , Vancouver to Winnipeg etc.

But for international flights or even flights to US, I would rather put in on my Credit Card for insurance, cancellations, changes, refunds etc.
Mar 1, 2010
716 posts
185 upvotes
if you use your CC to pay partial of the ticket and the rest pay by gift card, you may also get the insurance you'd get from credit card booking
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9163 posts
3256 upvotes
Ottawa
Arrgh wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 12:08 am

With Air Canada that's worth more than a measly 10%...
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Sep 12, 2013
14 posts
3 upvotes
If I charge full ticket price on CC and then seat upgrade on GC, I should still have the CC insurance coverages right??